Suns vs Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
Joe Johnson has a better assist - turnover ratio than Penny overall.

At least Joe Johnson made some shots unlike Penny

Unlike Penny? Who cares about what Penny did.

Joe Johnson is this team's starting shooting guard and, if you talk to Bryan or Jerry Colangelo, Frank Johnson, or JJ himself, he's also the future of this franchise. He made his shots? Yeah, he made four out of twelve. That's 33.3%. He had a 1:3 assist:turn-over ratio, played with less emotion than a South American tree sloth and yet he still played 43 minutes? I don't care what you have to do, put Casey Jacobsen in the game, play Barbosa, but those kind of numbers aren't going to do it.

BTW, Penny stunk it up tonight as well. He sucked.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Overall this was a horrible game. The officiating sucked. No one stepped up when Shawn went down. JJ had a bad offensive game but played decent defense. Scott Williams was worthless tonight. Jahidi must still be bothered by the finger because he hasn't shown anything since his 2nd game. Penny was really worthless on both offense and defense. Jake played ok, but really didn't get the playing time he deserved.

Penny is the guy who should have stepped up when Shawn went down because he says he could still be an all-star in the NBA. This was the perfect chance for him to show it and all he showed me is that he was the worst Suns player tonight. The game tomorrow night is going to be hard to watch, especially if Marion is out with an ankle injury.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hoopdeedofor2
TURNOVERS?????

We got out ran, out shot, and flat out played. Don't blame the officials blame the players and the COACH. Everyone seems to stand around way to much. I think what big Jake said is true. We have no real plays we just wait for Steph to give us the ball. Either the players need to start moving or we need a coach that can help with some real plays.

Steph, Amare and the 3 centers were the only high points.
JJ, Penny and CJ were horrible.
Z and B were ok rookies.
And Googs..HA..nevermind we all know.

Who is going to start for Marion? Z or Penny?

I would start Zarko. The Phoenix Suns need his size against Dallas. Unfortunately I don't think it will matter much though. I fully expect the Dallas Mavericks to play A LOT of zone defense and run and shoot the Phoenix Suns out of the building.

Joe Mama

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock

Joe Johnson is this team's starting shooting guard and, if you talk to Bryan or Jerry Colangelo, Frank Johnson, or JJ himself, he's also the future of this franchise. He made his shots? Yeah, he made four out of twelve. That's 33.3%. He had a 1:3 assist:turn-over ratio, played with less emotion than a South American tree sloth and yet he still played 43 minutes? I don't care what you have to do, put Casey Jacobsen in the game, play Barbosa, but those kind of numbers aren't going to do it.

BTW, Penny stunk it up tonight as well. He sucked.

Tell me this.........if JJ is out of the game and Marion is out with an injury, then who is going to guard Carmello Anthony? Do you think Penny can guard him? Casey? Zarko? Googs? None of these guys can guard Carmello (they couldn't guard their own men).

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Give Iavaroni a chance. Period. The guy was the runner-up for the Milwaukee job, and he has obviously some skills--Amare is proof of that.

Fire FJ just for the sake of firing him? You obviously haven't watched the SUNS this season, have you?

Man shut up! Seriously. Did you read anything else besides that small sentence you misquoted?

I don't like Frank Johnson anymore than you, but at this point in time there's nobody out there to replace him. Maybe Iavoroni will work, I don't know. But the firing of a coach creates a lot of waves in already uneasy waters.

You know, Chap, you make it really difficult to have intelligent conversation when all you do is pick battles with other people who disagree with you.

If you are looking for another website that caters more to your needs, try this one out:

http://www.preschool-messageboards/coloring/fun

You should fit in just swimmingly there.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Chap and Matt Whitlock...

Lets take a deep breath and relax ourselves. As you read this post, all the tension within you will be removed. Then we will all be fine.

Let's all be friends.

:thumbup:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
I just got off of work..............How the hell does a team loose to the nuggets by 30 points?

That's what I'd like to know...

:thumbdown

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Matt_Dicklock is showing his true colors as always

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock
Man shut up! Seriously. Did you read anything else besides that small sentence you misquoted?

I don't like Frank Johnson anymore than you, but at this point in time there's nobody out there to replace him. Maybe Iavoroni will work, I don't know. But the firing of a coach creates a lot of waves in already uneasy waters.

You know, Chap, you make it really difficult to have intelligent conversation when all you do is pick battles with other people who disagree with you.

If you are looking for another website that caters more to your needs, try this one out:

You should fit in just swimmingly there.

Gee, this juvenile post is EXACTLY what we've come to expect from therealhardaway. Go find another board to troll.

scotsman13

Reaction score
no one and i repeat no one showed any heart out there tonight besides amare and jake. denver played a very good game and the problem with denver is that their strenght the same as ours and they are better at it then we are. the running game is their strong point and went you are in denver it will always be hard if they are running. denver is 6-1 at home this year, you want to know why? go up to flagstaff and trying running a mile. i dont care how good of a player you are if you arent used to that height then you will get run out of the building.

this game brothered me more then any other this year because the team didnt play hard it is that simple. all of the other problems with this team this year have been other problems but tonight they simply didnt play with energy or a care.

fordronken

Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm

I couldn't get the link to work.

At least when I get home at 20 until midnight only to find that the Suns lost by 30 to the Nuggets, my #2 fantasy player went down with injury and people have been whining and complaining on the board all night, I know I can count on Eric for a laugh. I take solace in that.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Jerry should trade Casey away for another center so Frank can't play him. Man he should not be playing that many minutes. They should have gone big. Frank is an idiot!!! This game just pissed me off. Amare tryed the best he could, IMO it maybe time to look at trading away Marion he is just sitting back and not trying to be an allstar. :mad:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
Jerry should trade Casey away for another center so Frank can't play him. Man he should not be playing that many minutes. They should have gone big. Frank is an idiot!!! This game just pissed me off. Amare tryed the best he could, IMO it maybe time to look at trading away Marion he is just sitting back and not trying to be an allstar. :mad:

Shawn Marion played two minutes last night before going out with an injury. How was last night's debacle any fault of his? Shawn Marion has started out slowly, but there's just no way the Phoenix Suns should or would be willing to trade him at this point. Besides, there are probably only a small handful of teams that would be willing to take him with his maximum contract, and I'd be afraid to see what they would send back in return.

Casey Jacobsen really should not see the floor unless there is some very serious foul trouble, or everyone else is injured. He just really doesn't do anything out there.

Joe Mama

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Shawn Marion played two minutes last night before going out with an injury. Joe Mama

True I like Shawn I think he will be a very important piece to the puzzle but not sure he should have got a Max contract. Since Amare has become the #2 option Shawn needs to become more aggressive on D. Other teams actually guard their man with out the ball, but for some reason the Suns just let them get position every time??? Sorry must be really frustrated with the game last night.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
True I like Shawn I think he will be a very important piece to the puzzle but not sure he should have got a Max contract. Since Amare has become the #2 option Shawn needs to become more aggressive on D. Other teams actually guard their man with out the ball, but for some reason the Suns just let them get position every time??? Sorry must be really frustrated with the game last night.

Oh I definitely agree with you about guarding a man without the ball. I know I sound like a broken record, but I think a lot of the problem is this scrambling, double teaming defense they frame Johnson has been playing. Since he has the big men jumping out on the perimeter they are constantly running back into the frontcourt and/or oftentimes left out of position. Amare Stoudemire in particular has a habit of losing track of his man when the action moves away from him. It sucks because you can see it happening every time.

The Suns do have some pretty good one-on-one defenders, so I don't think they even need to double-team most of the time. Last night for example I could not understand why they were so intent on double teaming Anthony. I'm sure he would have scored some points without it, but the double teaming lead to far too many open shots and layups. Besides, Anthony is shooting worse than go Johnson so far this season.

Joe Mama

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Well I got home last night in time to see the Suns completely fall apart on the road. I saw most of the second quarter and believe it or not I watched all of the second half. :(

Rebounding - Bad, Somebody control a rebound please.
Turnovers - WTF? passing was sloppy and Denver was getting hands on the ball everywhere.

Can we please make Denver shoot from the outside and maybe keep somone on Leonard?

I agree some of the calls or actually non-calls were inexcusable but the Suns have got to play with a more fire and stop giving up so many offensive rebounds.

Lose by 30? Totally embarrassing even with Marion going down.

Amare was a beast in the 3rd, to bad it was to little to affect the outcome. Voskul had some energy but he was put back in and Denver slapped his arm, knocked the ball away, and Jake gets the foul trying to get the ball back. :rolleyes:

I had layed off FJ's coaching because it was better during the winning streak but they were in trouble on the road last night and needed a cool hand at the rudder and instead we get CJ starting the second half and double teaming of Anthony at 18 feet. :confused:

Isn't Tim Grgurich on the staff? Wasn't he a head coach prospect at one time, or is he just a player development guy?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Re: Re: Suns vs Nuggets

Originally posted by NugzFan
nice game guys! :wave:

Wow nice Franchise buddy how does it feel to actualy be above .500 for once in your existance? How many lotto picks you guys made? :thumbup:

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
I just got off of work..............How the hell does a team loose to the nuggets by 30 points?

why not? we are good.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Suns vs Nuggets

Wow nice Franchise buddy how does it feel to actualy be above .500 for once in your existance? How many lotto picks you guys made? :thumbup:

some class you have.

instead of being lame, why dont you go look at the standings and last nights scores.

NugzFan

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirChaz

Amare was a beast in the 3rd, to bad it was to little to affect the outcome. Voskul had some energy but he was put back in and Denver slapped his arm, knocked the ball away, and Jake gets the foul trying to get the ball back. :rolleyes:

um, white didnt foul voskuhl on that play. and voskuhl DID grab whites jersey afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.