takers for Bledsoe?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking if we have three picks, say 10 (ours) 14 (Bledsoe proceeds) and 18 (Miami's) and we turn that into 6 and 12 (there's no science behind the numbers, just projecting based on the mechanics of the Chriss trade).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is so rare that teams give up high picks for multiple picks. It would have to be a team needing a huge influx of young talent or a team that is unhappy with what they see in the draft. This is going to be a good draft, no one is going to want to trade down.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Play the young Suns and let the chips fall where they may. Theyll probably lose more than they win but will get invaluable experience from a full season of playing. The main thing is to keep Booker involved and happy as to not making him into a malcontent with purposely losing just to tank for a top draft pick. I can see that happening even though its "his" team now. Nobody likes to lose.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have no control how the Suns play so sit back and enjoy the ride. For tankers, there will always be another draft.

That is such a bs answer. We need a big and the next draft has potential game changing bigs. Another draft could have "Alex Len" bigs for all we know. Then when you throw in the fact that they are changing the lottery odds after this next draft and the fact we are coming off such a bad season (with the second worst record) the timing couldn't be better to get another high pick.

All that could change if we don't cash in now!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking if we have three picks, say 10 (ours) 14 (Bledsoe proceeds) and 18 (Miami's) and we turn that into 6 and 12 (there's no science behind the numbers, just projecting based on the mechanics of the Chriss trade).

As noted by JCSunfan, teams are usually unable to bundle and get better draft picks although the Suns did something similar in drafting Chriss.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is so rare that teams give up high picks for multiple picks. It would have to be a team needing a huge influx of young talent or a team that is unhappy with what they see in the draft. This is going to be a good draft, no one is going to want to trade down.

In McD we trust! (I can't believe I just said that)

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Play the young Suns and let the chips fall where they may. Theyll probably lose more than they win but will get invaluable experience from a full season of playing. The main thing is to keep Booker involved and happy as to not making him into a malcontent with purposely losing just to tank for a top draft pick. I can see that happening even though its "his" team now. Nobody likes to lose.

I don't have a problem with that..for now. I mean I don't advocate sitting players early in the season but if it's late in the season and the standings are tight then all bets are off. A generational big is more important than some players temporary feelings.

Booker is under contract for a very long time. He isn't going anywhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with that..for now. I mean i don't advocate sitting players early in the season but if it's late in the season and the standings are tight then all bets are off. A generational big is more important than some players temporary feelings.

This is not what you think. See your post below.

I'm calling for a DAY ONE tank. All tank commanders need to be on high alert. Be absolutely ruthless...take no prisoners!

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/emergency-tank.255112/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is such a bs answer. We need a big and the next draft has potential game changing bigs. Another draft could have "Alex Len" bigs for all we know. Then when you throw in the fact that they are changing the lottery odds after this next draft and the fact we are coming off such a bad season (with the second worst record) the timing couldn't be better to get another high pick.

All that could change if we don't cash in now!

You are the one shoveling it. Let McDonough take care of the draft.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Especially when it's game changing bigs involved. Fans that think we are going to trade up in the top four are fooling themselves.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with that..for now. I mean I don't advocate sitting players early in the season but if it's late in the season and the standings are tight then all bets are off. A generational big is more important than some players temporary feelings.

Is he locked up yet? Even if he were, players in todays NBA demand trades. Thats the norm. Keeping Booker happy should be paramount.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Especially when it's game changing bigs involved. Fans that think we are going to trade up in the top four are fooling themselves.

If the draft is that good we don't need to, that's the point, and I want to see how good these guys are - can Chriss play (my guess is yes)? Bender - he can defend at least...and what about booker? I have my doubts he's that good. Warren? Len?

Let them play away from the Watson and let's see what they've got.

I was all for the tank but we've got potentially three picks in the first round which is plenty of leverage to get our guy without blowing the season off already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I came up with that post after they changed the f'n rules. If we don't tank this season we may never get such a clear shot at a generational big again.

This makes your comments all the more pertinent.

You wanted to tank from day 1. It contradicts what you said earlier. See below.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is he locked up yet? Even if he were, players in todays NBA demand trades. Thats the norm. Keeping Booker happy should be paramount.

Players don't always get their way.

For one thing the suns can match any offer Booker gets on his next contract. So in essence he's locked up. Another thing, if Booker shoots his mouth off that doesn't mean it's an automatic trade for him...the suns might consider dealing him but they aren't going to take a bath in a trade. Look at Porzingis..he acted disgruntled and they floated the idea of trading him but he's still there isn't he? And I don't hear any peeps out of him right now. Players play the game and try to manuever the situation but it doesn't always work. Plus if they shoot their mouths off too much there could be blowback on their own careers and they could end up in a worse situation.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This makes your comments all the more pertinent.

You wanted to tank from day 1. It contradicts what you said earlier. See below.

Why don't you just reply to what I said? Plus spell it out what you are meaning because I'm not following you at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players don't always get their way.

For one thing the suns can match any offer Booker gets on his next contract. So in essence he's locked up. Another thing, if Booker shoots his mouth off that doesn't mean it's an automatic trade for him...the suns might consider dealing him but they aren't going to take a bath in a trade. Look at Porzingis..he acted disgruntled and they floated the idea of trading him but he's still there isn't he? And I don't hear any peeps out of him right now. Players play the game and try to manuever the situation but it doesn't always work. Plus if they shoot their mouths off too much there could be blowback on their own careers and they could end up in a worse situation.
They are going to offer Booker the most that is allowed. They will keep control of him as long as possible. And if he demands a trade, they will politely say no.

But Booker has not hired Klutch sports so it should not be a problem.

The problem is when a player like Bledsoe, who you hope will be your third or fourth best player going forward (after Booker, Jackson, maybe Warren, and this year's pick) wants to be maxed out early. Its just an unreasonable request.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the draft is that good we don't need to, that's the point, and I want to see how good these guys are - can Chriss play (my guess is yes)? Bender - he can defend at least...and what about booker? I have my doubts he's that good. Warren? Len?

Let them play away from the Watson and let's see what they've got.

I was all for the tank but we've got potentially three picks in the first round which is plenty of leverage to get our guy without blowing the season off already.

The draft is good but it's top heavy. I think there is a dramatic fall off after the top four.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
We all see how McD handles disgruntled players. Lets hope we dont have another cluster F scenario playing out with another anytime soon.

Maybe we actually get the luck of the draw this season with securing a better pick opposed to our record? Yeah, right?

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right, so the top 5 projected guys in the draft are definitely going to have the 5 best NBA careers....that NEVER happens.

If it's a deep draft then there's all-nba talent littered through it.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think its five. Porter, Ayton, Bagely, Bamba, Doncic. And Ayton is the player we want.

Or five... bottomline that is where we want to be. Fans can't bank on us trading up into it or getting what need lower than that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just reply to what I said? Plus spell it out what you are meaning because I'm not following you at all.

On 9-28-17 you are calling for a day 1 tank, "I'm calling for a DAY ONE tank."

Today, you "don't advocate sitting players early in the season"

See the contradiction.

Maybe you should be relieved of being a tank commander. :p

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On 9-28-17 you are calling for a day 1 tank, "I'm calling for a DAY ONE tank."

Today, you "don't advocate sitting players early in the season"

See the contradiction.

My version of the tank then was trading vets. I never said sit someone in the beginning of the season. I thought it would be crazy to sit a player this early in the season...but then again they are sitting Bled already so anything is possible.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right, so the top 5 projected guys in the draft are definitely going to have the 5 best NBA careers....that NEVER happens.

If it's a deep draft then there's all-nba talent littered through it.

With the preface that it is very early and these things always evolve...

My understanding is that this not a deep draft. Just strong at the top.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22