takers for Bledsoe?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee really needs a center. They are not starting one right now. They are a weak rebounding team.

Bledsoe and Chandler for Monroe, Brogdon and Telly works. I think Telly is a contract they would like to get out of. Monroe is basically an expiring.

I do not want Mirza Teletovic. The Suns might as well keep Chandler.

I definitely want a first round draft pick from the Bucks. Maybe the Suns can get a third team involved if other Buck players are involved instead of Mirza. They have the second round picks to use.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Seems reasonable for both sides, but I don't think the Bulls are interested in Bledsoe for many of the reasons he doesn't work for the Suns. He doesn't fit their timeline either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Do it!

Lots of youth in this trade coming from the Bulls. I liked Portis in the draft.

The Suns could probably do some spinoff trades with these players.

Like @ColdPickleNachos said, I doubt if the Bulls are interested.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd trade Bledsoe to Chicago for Dunn and a pick. Have fun on a team that's worse than the Suns!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If we improve to 30-35 wins we will likely be picking 9th to 12th. Or worse.

Let me see, as a Suns fan, what would be more exciting - seeing the Suns win 30 to 35 games this year (and probably stall at that for the foreseeable future) and have the 13th pick in next year's top heavy draft... or seeing them win 20 to 25 games and get a top four pick that likely yields Ayton, Bagley, or Porter, likely franchise changers to add to other young developing core players?

I know what I would choose...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd trade Bledsoe to Chicago for Dunn and a pick. Have fun on a team that's worse than the Suns!

I haven't kept up on Bobby Portis other than the fight with Mirotic, but I liked Portis in the draft. Since Mirotic cannot be traded until January 15th, Portis might be an option as well. He is a young developing big man. However, I don't know anything about him as a person.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me see, as a Suns fan, what would be more exciting - seeing the Suns win 30 to 35 games this year (and probably stall at that for the foreseeable future) and have the 13th pick in next year's top heavy draft... or seeing them win 20 to 25 games and get a top four pick that likely yields Ayton, Bagley, or Porter, likely franchise changers to add to other young developing core players?

I don't think trading Bledsoe effects the Suns that much going forward as he wants out. Actually trading Bledsoe may improve the Suns. Perhaps this is one of the reasons the Suns are considering trading Chandler. He is a veteran who anchors the team. It also allows the Suns to give Len a closer look.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah and it’s not even close to a question for me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a bit torn, I want the team to get a top 5 pick in this next draft but I don't know if we will considering how the team has played since Watson's departure. I like seeing them win but winning this year is pointless because we won't win enough to make the playoffs. Stranger things have happened though and if they made the playoffs I wouldn't be mad so long as it happens with our team and not someone the Suns went out to get either in the Bledsoe trade or a deal shortly after that. We go from losing our first 3 games to winning the next 2 and looking really good, doing a total 180.

I'm not sure what can be done to help us lose more, sure we could trade Chandler but I don't see that helping us all that much. I know Brogdan is a player almost everyone would be happy to get in return for Bledsoe but he might be the worst to bring in this year because he'd help us win more. He would help round out our core also, giving us our wings and PG's of the future. Brogdan and Ulis should make for a great PG unit for the next few years. Seeing him play alongside Booker, Warren, Jackson, Chriss, and Bender would definitely help the team's long term future but it is questionable just how much he'd help in the win column right now.

I think getting a pick is vital though because we'll need that in order to move up into the top 5 for this draft. If the Suns finish with 2 late lottery picks, ours and Miami's, I'm not sure that's enough to move us into the top 5 but having a 3rd pick should help with that, whether it be one this season or in the next few years. I'm against trading any picks of our own but we could make a trade sending away the lesser of picks between ours and the Miami pick in 2021. Dragic brought in 2 firsts, I think Bledsoe should be able to bring a similar haul since he's in no position to request where he goes like Dragic did and EB has 2 years left on his contract, not just a few months. Ideally we'll be able to add a player who is young and 2 firsts. If think we might better waiting for Brogdan if he is someone the Suns really want. Make a move for him at the draft, his value is high right now and another year under Jason Kidd in Milwaukee will help him and the Suns because he won't help us win more games.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a bit torn, I want the team to get a top 5 pick in this next draft but I don't know if we will considering how the team has played since Watson's departure. I like seeing them win but winning this year is pointless because we won't win enough to make the playoffs. Stranger things have happened though and if they made the playoffs I wouldn't be mad so long as it happens with our team and not someone the Suns went out to get either in the Bledsoe trade or a deal shortly after that. We go from losing our first 3 games to winning the next 2 and looking really good, doing a total 180.

I'm not sure what can be done to help us lose more, sure we could trade Chandler but I don't see that helping us all that much. I know Brogdan is a player almost everyone would be happy to get in return for Bledsoe but he might be the worst to bring in this year because he'd help us win more. He would help round out our core also, giving us our wings and PG's of the future. Brogdan and Ulis should make for a great PG unit for the next few years. Seeing him play alongside Booker, Warren, Jackson, Chriss, and Bender would definitely help the team's long term future but it is questionable just how much he'd help in the win column right now.

I think getting a pick is vital though because we'll need that in order to move up into the top 5 for this draft. If the Suns finish with 2 late lottery picks, ours and Miami's, I'm not sure that's enough to move us into the top 5 but having a 3rd pick should help with that, whether it be one this season or in the next few years. I'm against trading any picks of our own but we could make a trade sending away the lesser of picks between ours and the Miami pick in 2021. Dragic brought in 2 firsts, I think Bledsoe should be able to bring a similar haul since he's in no position to request where he goes like Dragic did and EB has 2 years left on his contract, not just a few months. Ideally we'll be able to add a player who is young and 2 firsts. If think we might better waiting for Brogdan if he is someone the Suns really want. Make a move for him at the draft, his value is high right now and another year under Jason Kidd in Milwaukee will help him and the Suns because he won't help us win more games.

I still thinking dumping Bled and Chandler will tank us. I don't know much faith I have in our turnaround...the sample of games is too short to put much faith in. I don't think Len can do heavy minutes without being a liability. His sample of games is too short as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think dumping Bledsoe might help us, we've won since he's been sat so far but beyond that we may get a piece that helps us on the court more. Mike James was impressive early in the season but I think he came back down to earth during the Jazz game. Ulis should be starting but I guess keeping him in the 2nd unit helps him familiarize himself with who he'll see most minutes with and keeps him from having to adjust to starting only to move him back to the bench if we bring in a PG for Bledsoe who will be our starter.

Losing Chandler should help but I'm not entirely sure how much, again it's what we get in return. If we moved Chandler and didn't get anyone in return and started playing Dudley more with Bender as our 2nd unit front court then we'd keep some veteran leadership in that unit and lose some rebounding but we'd gain offense. If we had Big Sauce to take up the minutes that Chandler is getting then I think we'd actually do better without Tyson, even with Tyson playing really well since the coaching change.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We suck, no matter who we trade or keep. We've gotten lucky that with good effort, better coaching, catching opponents off guard with new coaching, and having weak opponents during home games we've won a couple. We still massively suck. Bledsoe is out. If we trade anyone else, like Chandler, we'll suck even more.

This is going to be a lost season unless we massively surprise, and we don't have a chance of doing that unless we give our young guys a chance to surprise. I don't think it will happen, but the right course is trading for young guys and/or future picks and playing to develop. Doing this we should be in position to get a top 5 pick. Now we could get screwed via lottery like usual, but we can't nor should we can ever believe we can control that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if we really suck that bad, time will tell of course but we looked good against the Kings and Utah. The Kings suck but Utah was a playoff team and we showed improvement from the Kings game. It's too early to say who will be great, terrible, fall in the middle, and so on this season. The Cavs have looked awful and the Magic have the best record in the East, with wins against the Cavs and Spurs under their belt. I'm worried we'll overachieve like we did in Hornacek's first year here, which could hurt the team in the long run. If we hadn't had that year somewhat recently I wouldn't worry about it but that was only 4 years ago and I think our roster is better than it was that season.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if we really suck that bad, time will tell of course but we looked good against the Kings and Utah. The Kings suck but Utah was a playoff team and we showed improvement from the Kings game. It's too early to say who will be great, terrible, fall in the middle, and so on this season. The Cavs have looked awful and the Magic have the best record in the East, with wins against the Cavs and Spurs under their belt. I'm worried we'll overachieve like we did in Hornacek's first year here, which could hurt the team in the long run. If we hadn't had that year somewhat recently I wouldn't worry about it but that was only 4 years ago and I think our roster is better than it was that season.

The west is brutal so it's not just about the suns but everyone else. But I am concerned about the other bottom dwellers and how we stack against them. I don't know if we are top five "worthy"... maybe top seven.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. Winning with young talent is a long ways from being pointless. It may not be enough to make the playoffs this year, but it would be a very good step in the right direction towards this team becoming a contender.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more with that statement. Winning with young talent is a long ways from being pointless. It may not be enough to make the playoffs this year, but it would be a very good step in the right direction towards this team becoming a contender.

I agree, I worded that poorly on my part. I wouldn't say it's pointless but having a good season this year could hurt us in the long run because the team planned on being bad this year, not awful like they were the first 3 games though, which would allow them to get a high draft pick and hopefully draft the last piece of their core. Winning is good for the youngsters, definitely, but winning enough to end up with 35-41 wins, missing the playoffs, and ending up with a draft pick between 10 and 14 won't help us that much going forward. However to win that many games that would mean someone other than Booker and Warren stepped up, hopefully Chriss and/or Bender so adding another young piece may not be that much of a necessity. Anything we get from Jackson this year is a bonus as well. I expect him to have a good year but not great statistically. He does a lot of little things that the stat sheet doesn't pick up. He's like a really good athletic version of Tucker, same amount of hustle but a much higher BB-IQ also.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I agree, I worded that poorly on my part. I wouldn't say it's pointless but having a good season this year could hurt us in the long run because the team planned on being bad this year, not awful like they were the first 3 games though, which would allow them to get a high draft pick and hopefully draft the last piece of their core. Winning is good for the youngsters, definitely, but winning enough to end up with 35-41 wins, missing the playoffs, and ending up with a draft pick between 10 and 14 won't help us that much going forward. However to win that many games that would mean someone other than Booker and Warren stepped up, hopefully Chriss and/or Bender so adding another young piece may not be that much of a necessity. Anything we get from Jackson this year is a bonus as well. I expect him to have a good year but not great statistically. He does a lot of little things that the stat sheet doesn't pick up. He's like a really good athletic version of Tucker, same amount of hustle but a much higher BB-IQ also.
I think the team planned on seeing improvements from the young players more than anything else. A big part of young players improving is learning how to win games and thus I don't think they planned on losing a ton of games this year. If their goal was to be bad this year they wouldn't have fired Watson as he was doing a great job at losing games. I think their plan was simply to roll with the young players and go with whatever that means to the win total.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was all for the 'happy' tank - that's what I thought the point of earl watson was, turns out he was just incompetent - but I think there's a better way:

- play as hard as we can, worst case we pick 8 - 12.

- trade Bledsoe for a first rounder

- we also have miami's first rounder most likely.

Considering what McD did to get Chriss, three top twenty picks should be plenty of leverage to get us a star from the draft...

...so we accomplish both goals at once, playing hard and winning, and getting a high draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn it you guys already got me nervous about the draft.

I'm scared....very scared now. Smh

Oh by the way im not joking im very serious

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Damn it you guys already got me nervous about the draft.

I'm scared....very scared now. Smh

Oh by the way im not joking im very serious

I'm nervous too bro because if we don't get one of those premier bigs in the draft we are kinda screwed. Not to a certainty but pretty much...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree. Develop the young players and see where this takes the Suns. This not only prepares the players for the future but likely gives the Suns a good draft pick. If the Suns can win without Bledsoe and Chandler, more power to them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm nervous too bro because if we don't get one of those premier bigs in the draft we are kinda screwed. Not to a certainty but pretty much...

We'll have 2 picks plus 1 or 2 good sized expiring contracts in Dudley and Chandler, giving us about $23 million in expiring contracts, to use in trades to move up in the draft. Of course if we can unload one of them this season it'll be important not to take on any salary but I can see them being fairly valuable for teams looking to free up cap space going forward.

Taking on a bad contract to get a high draft pick would be fine with me if that's the difference between getting one of the top recruits or hoping to luck out in free agency the following season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the team planned on seeing improvements from the young players more than anything else. A big part of young players improving is learning how to win games and thus I don't think they planned on losing a ton of games this year. If their goal was to be bad this year they wouldn't have fired Watson as he was doing a great job at losing games. I think their plan was simply to roll with the young players and go with whatever that means to the win total.

Ironically I think Watson was in win-now mode. LOL

He never embraced losing. He did not agree with sitting Bledsoe and Chandler last season.

However, I think the Suns are even more so in development mode listening to Triano and McDonough. Triano wants the players to play a certain way and play the right position. In other words, how they play is more important than wins. If the Suns win, it will be because the youngsters are playing well.