takers for Bledsoe?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The suns took Bledsoe's "hair sallon" excuse and used it to their own ends and benched him to force more tanking.. although it backfired :eek:

You've had some theories that don't really warrant a response, but this one tops the cake.

It didn't backfire. Bledsoe blasted the team, lied about why and clearly had been putting out zero effort in games so far. They benched him because he had become a saboteur both on and off the court. If your goal is purely to tank you don't bench that guy.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You've had some theories that don't really warrant a response, but this one tops the cake.

It didn't backfire. Bledsoe blasted the team, lied about why and clearly had been putting out zero effort in games so far. They benched him because he had become a saboteur both on and off the court. If your goal is purely to tank you don't bench that guy.

But they DID bench him. Last season and this season. Last season he got benched solely to tank. This season probably for multiple reasons... contract negotiations failed...they are mad he shot his mouth...and to tank.

That's why they want to dump Chandler too...for the tank.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
When Saver addressed the team before the start of the season he made clear his thoughts that the Suns should be a 500 win team this year. That doesnt sound like he intends to tank atleast not from the get go?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When Saver addressed the team before the start of the season he made clear his thoughts that the Suns should be a 500 win team this year. That doesnt sound like he intends to tank atleast not from the get go?

Then why has he been shopping Chandler??

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I dont know man. Maybe he's the only big man with value??? Im only telling what I heard.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But they DID bench him. Last season and this season. Last season he got benched solely to tank. This season probably for multiple reasons... contract negotiations failed...they are mad he shot his mouth...and to tank.

Yeah I don’t think Bledsoe’s benching this year and last are the same. I think you’re reaching here poker.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think Bledsoe’s benching this year and last are the same. I think you’re reaching here poker.

:lol:

I'm telling you the Bled tweet is just an excuse to bench him. That tweet on it's own wasn't enough to bench a player indefinitely...even with his lame lie about it. Plus they sat him last season so I don't know why this seems so far fetched. Then to top it off they shopped Dudley and Chandler earlier and now Chandler again and none of you have any explanation as to why...when the explanation is obvious. They don't want to win a lot of games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They did not bench him to tank. YOu can believe what you want.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is not what happened. Sarver was on the radio and the hosts asked what he thought they could do this year, and he said that he thought they might be good enough to go .500. He said he thought that was what the players want to do too. It was not an ultimatim, it was just an owner saying he believed in his team. I was listening when he said it live.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm telling you the Bled tweet is just an excuse to bench him. That tweet on it's own wasn't enough to bench a player indefinitely...even with his lame lie about it. Plus they sat him last season so I don't know why this seems so far fetched. Then to top it off they shopped Dudley and Chandler earlier and now Chandler again and none of you have any explanation as to why...when the explanation is obvious. They don't want to win a lot of games.

Its because Bledsoe said he did not want to play here any more. He wanted to be traded. His play was detrimental to the team. If they wanted to tank, then they should have kept playing Bledsoe.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Its because Bledsoe said he did not want to play here any more. He wanted to be traded. His play was detrimental to the team. If they wanted to tank, then they should have kept playing Bledsoe.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Then why did he bench Bledsoe last season? Because they wanted to win more games??

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You don't know that. Because Bledsoe started the season out bad doesn't mean he would tank them all year. Besides, Watson played a part in all that. You don't know what to attribute to Watson or Bled.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is not what happened. Sarver was on the radio and the hosts asked what he thought they could do this year, and he said that he thought they might be good enough to go .500. He said he thought that was what the players want to do too. It was not an ultimatim, it was just an owner saying he believed in his team. I was listening when he said it live.

Sarver was put on the spot. What is he supposed to say? "They are going to win about twenty games...and I want them to!" Is he going to say that on a program? Of course not.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

I didnt say it was an ultimatum and yes it was before the start of the season, and yes he was also on the radio saying the same thing. sheesh dude! You gotta argue every FN thing I say on here? Again. I dont make this poo up. I hear it and then I relay that information I hear to you guys who want to or didnt know. Got it?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Actually you are right and more NativeAZfan. Coming into the season Sarver expected the Suns to have a winning record and compete for the playoffs in the 2017-18 season. This is confirmed in an article at AZSports dated 10-18-17 and a recorded radio interview at about the 10:45 mark. See link below.

It is worth the listen.

Also see the part in bold below.

Sarver, of course, is betting on the Suns’ youngest players to develop. Devin Booker, Marquese Chriss, Josh Jackson and Dragan Bender were all lottery picks. And an honest Sarver said two of those players must develop into All-Star caliber players within the next few seasons.

“I think all four of them have a chance to become excellent players,” Sarver said. “We need two of those players to develop into All-Stars. Two of them. And then we will have a really good group of young players on rookie contracts, and in 2020 we’ll be able to combine that with two max player contracts that we can sign. And that’s really kind of the strategy.

As for the upcoming season, Sarver said he’d be disappointed if the Suns again won 24 games like they did a season ago.

In a speech to the team earlier Wednesday, he told Phoenix players he believes they can become a winning team this year.

By Kevin Zimmerman | October 18, 2017 at 3:35 pm
UPDATED: October 19, 2017 at 11:29 am

http://arizonasports.com/story/1281706/suns-owner-robert-sarver-embracing-thetimeline-means/

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didnt say it was an ultimatum and yes it was before the start of the season, and yes he was also on the radio saying the same thing. sheesh dude! You gotta argue every FN thing I say on here? Again. I dont make this **** up. I hear it and then I relay that information I hear to you guys who want to or didnt know. Got it?

Well I never knew that propaganda was said...Thanks for the info!

:mrgreen:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Actually you are right and more NativeAZfan. Coming into the season Sarver expected the Suns to have a winning record and compete for the playoffs in the 2017-18 season. This is confirmed in an article at AZSports dated 10-18-17 and a recorded radio interview at about the 10:45 mark. See link below.

It is worth the listen.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1281706/suns-owner-robert-sarver-embracing-thetimeline-means/

Yeah well that talk isn't consistent with his shopping/benching players. If he doesn't deal Chandler and plays Bledsoe then maybe I start believing.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

It is worth the listen.

Thx Mainstreet. That certainly sounds like a 500 team to me. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score