The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Nice unis...I kept looking for Magic and Kareem.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Nice unis...I kept looking for Magic and Kareem.

That was the best thing I've seen in some time.

Ariza looked just like Coop. Bynum had me thinking he was Magic.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was the genius that decided it was cool to wear the short shorts yet wear the baggy jersey at the same time?

Laaaaaaaame!

Magic didnt wear a baggy jersey..

You must be registered for see images attach

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was the genius that decided it was cool to wear the short shorts yet wear the baggy jersey at the same time?

Laaaaaaaame!

Magic didnt wear a baggy jersey..

The whole thing was dumb. One of those, "good on paper" ideas.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole thing was dumb. One of those, "good on paper" ideas.

No doubt.. Its like when the Suns, or any team for that matter, decides to go retro and wears the old school unis but have em baggy.. Do it right or dont do it at all..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/071230_shortreaction.html

The team before the game getting the shorts and their reactions. Some are great.

Kareem yells to Bynum "you look wonderful!"

Dumb gimmick to pull out for a big game. Posey was right in what he said after the game:

"They looked like some clowns. I don't know why they did that. It was like they didn't take the game seriously...It's more important for us to get the win instead of make a fashion statement."

I hate to say it, but I agree.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers blow the hell out of the sixers. 100 points at the start of the fourth. Beat them by 30, putting 120 plus on them.

Bynum another great game, didn't play a lot though as the bench played most of the game.

Critt was spectacular, getting run with the first team as well...put in 19 points.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lakers blow the hell out of the sixers. 100 points at the start of the fourth. Beat them by 30, putting 120 plus on them.

Bynum another great game, didn't play a lot though as the bench played most of the game.

Critt was spectacular, getting run with the first team as well...put in 19 points.

Bynum continues to amaze me. I can't believe that at one point I actually doubted that he was going to be that good of a player. I guess those couple years of development have really paid off.

I love watching the kid go up to block shots, he's a great shot blocker. He can score, he can rebound, and his Defense is getting better by the game.

Bynum's the real deal. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum continues to amaze me. I can't believe that at one point I actually doubted that he was going to be that good of a player.

Yeah, me too. He really has come on strong.

The dunk from inside the free throw circle was SICK. Sportscenter's number one play of the night tonight.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Lakers didn't make all their shots. It just seemed that way. The Lakers recorded their best shooting percentage in more than 23 years when they went 47-of-72 from the floor (66.2 percent) Friday night in a 124-93 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers. On Nov. 11, 1984, the Lakers shot 67.8 percent in a 130-108 victory over Houston.

:thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum continues to amaze me. I can't believe that at one point I actually doubted that he was going to be that good of a player. I guess those couple years of development have really paid off.

I love watching the kid go up to block shots, he's a great shot blocker. He can score, he can rebound, and his Defense is getting better by the game.

Bynum's the real deal. :thumbup:

Ditto. Great to see how far he's come.

And it's great to have a legit center. Some teams have never had one. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Drew would have been able to play the fourth, it would have been an easy 20-20 game for him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I gotta give it up for Bynum... i really didn't think he had this in him. Can he possibly be developing into the latest version of Kobe's Shaq?? Yikes!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'll eat some minor crow on Kupchak (Kwame Brown for Caron Butler and not getting enough for Shaq are still his legacy for now), but the Lakers have some pretty good young talent in the pipeline. A friend in LA told me the Lakers see more in Crittenton than Farmar which is scary as Farmar has turned into a pretty damn good PG.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers down the Pacers in another blowout, although this one was close late and Phil had to put the starters back in for a bit.

The bench played AWFUL tonight...kept blowing huge leads. Very different than usual.

Bynum continues his tear. Should be most improved player hands down. Tonight put up 23 points 13 boards and 4 blocks. Kobe shot horrid to open the game, but was huge and clutch down the stretch. Lamar played very well, as did Luke. Critt got a lot of run, but didn't do much at all. And fish...damn, HUGE shots he made in this one. Finished with 22 points and 5 assists.

Gotta love back to back blowouts.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell, make it back to back to back blowouts.

Lakers CRUSH the Grizz on the road...wasn't nearly as close as the 16 point final difference lets on.

Fisher was unreal tonight...first bucket on, he was on fire.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers suck!

In all honesty.. I have absolutley no idea what is going on in the NBA this year.. I hear lil things here and there but that damn 06-07 season is still effecting me.. I cant shake it.. I still have no desire to even follow a Suns game much less another game.. Maybe I'll catch some interest come playoff time? :shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05