The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:notworthy

FISH !!

Report:

Derek Fisher scored 26 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 117-101 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday night, making 10 of 11 shots from the field. Or so the stats read.

"He was actually 10-for-10," Bryant said. "They need to take away that one miss they gave him. That was a lob to Andrew (Bynum). It wasn't a shot."

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recaps as I missed the game. I hit the boxscore and it looks like the Lakers had great games all the way around including the automatic LO double double. :)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Man! Lakers puttin' the wood to the Hornets in the Big Easy tonight. This team can make The Finals the way they are playing the last few weeks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make that 4 straight blowouts, downing the Hornets 109-80. Take that, Nooch!

Last two were on the road, and that's nice. This is sooooo not like last years lakers who couldn't win on the road and never beat anyone big.

Oh, and those guys are having fun out there.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Unreal.. Lakers are 15-5 in the West, that's impressive in itself.

In this 4 game win streak, the Lakers have out scored their opponents 462-370 making their average margin of victory 23 points over this span. They have given up over 100 points only once (101 to Memphis.) Their energy level just seems higher then their opponent night in and night out and that's very encouraging.

I remember last year if Kobe didn't score at least 30 the Lakers usually lost. This year we see him putting up in the 18-25 point range and the Lakers still blowing people out. Bringing back Fisher, having Odom healthy, and the emergence of Andrew Bynum has turned the Lakers into a real contender.

I love it! :thumbup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my fiancee. We turn on SportsCenter in our bedroom while we get ready in the morning for background noise. She comes over to the shower and says "Wow, did you see the Lakers score? They killed them!".

:thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my fiancee. We turn on SportsCenter in our bedroom while we get ready in the morning for background noise. She comes over to the shower and says "Wow, did you see the Lakers score? They killed them!".

cohabitation!!!!! Busted.

:)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I nominate this for the most disgusting post ever made in the history of ASFN.. Not only is there a pro lakers referrence, it also envokes imagery of abomb naked in a shower.. This is a PG site.. :bang:

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I nominate this for the most disgusting post ever made in the history of ASFN.. Not only is there a pro lakers referrence, it also envokes imagery of abomb naked in a shower.. This is a PG site.. :bang:

:lmao:

My shower has translucent glass if that helps.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MIL visits the Lakers tonight at 8:30PM AZ time on ESPN.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Close one tonight, but the Lakers are now on a five game win streak.

Bynum is an absolute monster, he played great. Kobe and Bynum are a pretty scary tandem.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum: 25 points and a career-high 17 rebounds

He's getting better all the time.

:notworthy

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a great win for us...though 5 point win, it wasn't in doubt from the end of the 3rd quarter on. We always have problems with these guys...I hate playing them.

Kobe looks horrible...like 5 times the sweat he usually has. But 37 points and 7 assists is worth it.

Bynum was outstanding...simply amazing play out there. He and Kobe have that two man game going...I can't begin to say how good it is that Kobe and Shaq played together for so long, because Bynum is reaping the benefits of a great guard who already knows how to play with a big man.

Go lakers!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers squeak out a win, look terrible with a 100-99 nailbiter vs. the Grizz...they missed a shot at the end and we got away with a foul there too.

Andrew twisted his knee. MRI tomorrow. Doesn't look good. :(

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum on the radio (Recap from LG)

hurts on the knee cap mainly

no pops heard at all, hurts when he bends thats all

never injured this knee

he can put weight on it and move it and walk

it is feeling far better

they iced it and starting feeling better immediatly.

isn't extremely concerned about the injury.

can move it side-2-side

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my wife said ,out of the blue, "I think I will become a Lakers' fan." (She wants to start watching the NBA, which she stopped watching when the Jordanaires broke up.)

Should I join her?

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my wife said ,out of the blue, "I think I will become a Lakers' fan." (She wants to start watching the NBA, which she stopped watching when the Jordanaires broke up.)

Should I join her?

Why wouldnt you?

Great history, great players, great fans on ASFN. ;)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Should I join her?
I'm speechless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05