The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont like the idea of Webber. He was largely ineffective on the Sixers and Pistons last year, doesnt play much defense and is injury prone. If he plays for free, I'd take 'em.

Webber was quite effective in stretches for the Pistons last year.

Oh, and Webber hasn't played with the 76ers since the 04-05 season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but still.

Just say no.

Has he really not played since the 05 season for the Sixers? I thought for sure that he played for the Pistons for 2 years.. now I will have to look it up.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I'll take his 11 ppg, 7 rpg and 3 apg that he put up last year with the pistons. Better than NOT having depth with Mihm and Bynum and VladRad out.

He's going to play for peanuts, so I'm fine with that. Plus, he is familiar with the triangle after getting spanked by it for years. :D

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Most people forget he played for the Sixers because he was injured 90% of the time he was in Philly. The remaining 10% was spent embarrassing himself with some of the worst play of his career.

I don't like Webber because he's a cry baby. If the Lakers pick him up, fine, I'll go along, but I hope they don't. I think that a combination of Brown and Turiaf can get us through 8 weeks. All we have to do is stay a float till Bynum gets back.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we would just cut Brown. He sucks out loud. Such bad hands and indecision with the ball. The guy is a freaking joke. How did he get picked #1 overall?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if laker fans are laughing about signing Webber now?

That was just a terrible game by the Lakers...Kwame was atrocious and Luke was bad. Together they combined for some horrid, horrid basketball.

Fish was a ghost.

Sasha and Farmar and Ronny had some spark.

Kobe spent three quarters basically begging someone on the team to step up and get in a rythm...nobody took the challenge.

We better win some games in a hurry....

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I keep hoping that Kwamie will eventually prove his worth, but after all this time, maybe it's just time to realize he'll never be anything more then a joke. I just hope there is an answer other then Webber, I can't stand that guy.

I hate losing games more though, so what ever they do, I'll go along.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

That was just a terrible game by the Lakers...Kwame was atrocious and Luke was bad. Together they combined for some horrid, horrid basketball.

Fish was a ghost.

Kobe spent three quarters basically begging someone on the team to step up and get in a rythm...nobody took the challenge.

Don't be so hard on them... The Lakers had a bigtime off night and yes, played a horrendous game. And of course were without Bynum... Still, the Suns in their typical pathetic fashion, couldn't find a way to dust them off and again, allowed a team to make a big run... If anything, I think that all bodes well for the Lakers and should scare the crap out of the Suns...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fish was a ghost.

I loved how the Laker players were blasting your fans for booing Kwame as soon as he touched the ball. It was hilarious, and I don't know if I have ever seen anything like it from a home crowd.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved how the Laker players were blasting your fans for booing Kwame as soon as he touched the ball. It was hilarious, and I don't know if I have ever seen anything like it from a home crowd.

Well, those fans there were stupid and I agree with the players.

Any semi-knowledgeable fan would know

a) Kwame doesn't respond well to criticism, boos, humbling, etc.

and

b) That Phil was NOT going to pull him and would make him play through it.

and

c) there is nobody else on the bench to fill that role until at least Mihm returns (never) or Bynum gets back (thirty games).

thus, they only made things worse...much worse.

Now, they should have booed Luke to kingdom come as "a" and "c" didn't apply.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now understand why the lakers have reverted back to turning down the lights on the crowd like the forum days.. They dont want the world to see that the arena is half full from the los angeles "faithful"..

:D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I now understand why the lakers have reverted back to turning down the lights on the crowd like the forum days.. They dont want the world to see that the arena is half full from the los angeles "faithful"..

That's funny considering that PHX has the biggest front-running fans in the NBA.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score

:D

I sure hope you're not a Suns fan making comments like this Gee. There is no bigger fair weather city on earth then Phoenix. When the playoffs start, everyone here is a Suns fan and in the offseason after their inevitable elimination, suddenly everyone knew they wouldn't win. Laker fans actually like the Lakers even when they suck.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's funny considering that PHX has the biggest front-running fans in the NBA.

I sure hope you're not a Suns fan making comments like this Gee. There is no bigger fair weather city on earth then Phoenix. When the playoffs start, everyone here is a Suns fan and in the offseason after their inevitable elimination, suddenly everyone knew they wouldn't win. Laker fans actually like the Lakers even when they suck.

I did make this this comment.. And I find it ironic that two laker fans living in AZ make this comment.. You dont think that somehow folks exactly such as yourselfs have something to do with this problem? I mean cmon.. Your two people in AZ not following the home team.. You guys are the very reason AZ fans are the way they are..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did make this this comment.. And I find it ironic that two laker fans living in AZ make this comment.. You dont think that somehow folks exactly such as yourselfs have something to do with this problem? I mean cmon.. Your two people in AZ not following the home team.. You guys are the very reason AZ fans are the way they are..

That's because the home team is not the Lakers. Duh.

If they were, I'd be at every game.

But that's not the point, Gee. The point is, they have no problem selling out the place when they are in the playoffs or doing really well, but if they aren't on top of their game, the fairweather fans stay home.

The Lakers fans always show up...they just show up late..especially to friday games because of the traffic. Never fails, every friday I comment on it watching the games because it is empty in the first half, full in the second.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that's not the point, Gee. The point is, they have no problem selling out the place when they are in the playoffs or doing really well, but if they aren't on top of their game, the fairweather fans stay home.

The Lakers fans always show up...they just show up late..especially to friday games because of the traffic. Never fails, every friday I comment on it watching the games because it is empty in the first half, full in the second.

Really? They may show up but for how long? A quarter? show up half way thru the 2nd then leave half way thru the 3rd.. I mean, they make an appearence then jet.. Dont even say the laker fans aint like that..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? They may show up but for how long? A quarter? show up half way thru the 2nd then leave half way thru the 3rd.. I mean, they make an appearence then jet.. Dont even say the laker fans aint like that..

They stay the whole game, once they finally arrive.