The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt there an entire Suns forum for you to crap out your opinions?

I know you guys see this place as a refuge, but we are in the Smack Shack.....

Besides, when Kobe wins the MVP, he'll be gone anyway.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you guys see this place as a refuge, but we are in the Smack Shack.....

Besides, when Kobe wins the MVP, he'll be gone anyway.

I think it is 60-40 for Paul.

I hate the NBA voting process. They should poll the players for MVP.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

The real joke is that Nash won over KB two years ago.

It would only be a joke if they gave it to LBJ this year, for doing the same things that got KB left off of several ballots completely, and a 3rd or 4th finish.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would only be a joke if they gave it to LBJ this year, for doing the same things that got KB left off of several ballots completely, and a 3rd or 4th finish.

That would be a joke. I agree.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya because you are def. a person who can gauge who is a good and bad Suns fan..

yeah, I think actually being objective, while loving my team, does make me a person who can gauge who's a good and bad fan and when someone's being a freaking baby and crying about everything and anything, that pretty much makes my fans look like crap.

good lord, what a pathetic human..

boy, you know you've really struck a nerve with someone when they play this card. Hope you don't drown in your pool of tears when hammering away at the keyboard when you reply to this. toodles!

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
boy, you know you've really struck a nerve with someone when they play this card. Hope you don't drown in your pool of tears when hammering away at the keyboard when you reply to this. toodles!

i repeated what you said but changed one word you genius.. god keep owning yourself..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i repeated what you said but changed one word you genius.. god keep owning yourself..

better me owning myself than someone else. And personally, questioning one's kind of fandom seems pretty justified when that fan is embarassing not only themselves, but a group you belong. However, elevating that convo out of the realm of fandom onto one's actual existence (ie, "pathetic human"), yeah, that's another story altogether, a comment made by someone who's just a baby with nothing else to do because the ducts in their eyes have completely dried up from incessant crying. In other words... you. ;) toodles again.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I think Jackson is right. Too many haters.

Not this year. I think he has turned around a lot of people.

I think that it is important for LA to finish above NO in the standings. I think that will make a difference to some voters....

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wont cry if Chris Paul is named MVP, I just dont care for the entire process.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid of the same thing. It's a shame really, cause no one deserves it more then Kobe.

my best friends uncle is Jamal Wilkes .. die hard lakers fan he is.. he says Chris Paul is more deserving..

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roy Tarpley's godson is my brother's gardner and he is a Kobe man all the way.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Roy Tarpley's godson is my brother's gardner and he is a Kobe man all the way.

Never heard of Roy Tarpley.. Mr Wilkes is a cool dude .. i'll hit em up when i see him on nba classic..

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Not this year. I think he has turned around a lot of people.

I think that it is important for LA to finish above NO in the standings. I think that will make a difference to some voters....

That's Kobe's only shot. The Lakers winning the West could tip the vote to him.

I think a lot of voters are just looking for a reason not to give it to him.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
That's Kobe's only shot. The Lakers winning the West could tip the vote to him.

I think a lot of voters are just looking for a reason not to give it to him.

Sad but true. The definition of "most valuable player" is so skewed in my opinion. It should go to the player that is most vital to his team, it shouldn't matter if that team is a 1st or 2nd seed. Kobe took on the task of leader of the Lakers when guys like Sasha, Jordan, Luke, and even Andrew Bynum were players no one else would even want. Those guys have developed into legit talent by playing with and learning from Kobe. He almost single handedly changed the Lakers from a .500 team to a potential champion. Yes, getting Gasol helped, but he held that team together through all the injuries and all the controversy. It's a shame that he might not win just because people don't like him personally.

Overall, I agree with ABomb, I won't cry if CP3 wins it, he's also very deserving, and I like him a lot. I do, and will continue to feel that Kobe is more deserving though.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Those guys have developed into legit talent by playing with and learning from Kobe. He almost single handedly changed the Lakers from a .500 team to a potential champion. Yes, getting Gasol helped, but he held that team together through all the injuries and all the controversy. It's a shame that he might not win just because people don't like him personally.

Overall, I agree with ABomb, I won't cry if CP3 wins it, he's also very deserving, and I like him a lot. I do, and will continue to feel that Kobe is more deserving though.

ya they def got better only because they learned from KOBE and not because they were all rooks and rooks develop.. oh ya i forgot they actually practice too that might be way they are getting better.. oh crap i forgot there is a coaching staff too.. dang didn't think they had anything to do with it.. it was def all KOBE..

singlehandedly LOL.. if gasol wasn't on the team you all wouldn't even have made the playoffs..

your view of kobe is so misconstrued its pathetic..