The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Shocker. Lakers still can't win in the Rose Garden.

Man, thank God the Blazers aren't in the post season this year. They are to us as Golden State was to Dallas.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm glad they aren't in, but next year, I think they will be. They match up with us better then anyone in the NBA, they kill us everytime.

Looks like the division race is still on. I'm not surprised though, I didn't watch this game cause I knew we were gonna blow it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, things have gotten heated since last time I visited. In any case, is Linderbee the same Linda from the AZ Cards board? I was just wondering....
Nope. ;) Never been on the Cards board. I think the Linda from the AZ Cards board is the one that is a huge USC/Leinart fan? She got banned from here for being REALLY rude to Skkorp.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Nope. ;) Never been on the Cards board. I think the Linda from the AZ Cards board is the one that is a huge USC/Leinart fan? She got banned from here for being REALLY rude to Skkorp.
OK, got it wrong...sorry. Yup she is the one I was referring to. I've had my run ins with her in the past till we called a truce.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
So huge game tomorrow..

Phoenix at San Antonio

Who to pull for?

We need the Suns to lose to help us toward the division title, but the Spurs are ahead of us over all. I guess I have to root for the Suns, but the only reason I would want the #1 seed is for the Kobe MVP case.

I guess I'll just watch it and enjoy it, should be a good game. My guess is that Phoenix takes it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So huge game tomorrow..

Phoenix at San Antonio

Who to pull for?

We need the Suns to lose to help us toward the division title, but the Spurs are ahead of us over all. I guess I have to root for the Suns, but the only reason I would want the #1 seed is for the Kobe MVP case.

I guess I'll just watch it and enjoy it, should be a good game. My guess is that Phoenix takes it.

i'll be shocked my boys pull off a W tomorrow night. That choke job against Dallas shook my confidence in the Suns to the core. I think the division title is all but wrapped up for you guys tomorrow.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
i'll be shocked my boys pull off a W tomorrow night. That choke job against Dallas shook my confidence in the Suns to the core. I think the division title is all but wrapped up for you guys tomorrow.

Either way, it won't decide the division. The Lakers need 3 wins or 3 Suns losses to lock up the division. I don't know though, my gut say the Suns will win. We'll see I guess, but it could go either way. Those are two heavyweights going at it, it's gonna be a battle.

Good luck to you and your team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs all the way. :barf: Division is important to win here.

I agree. (for your sake) Your 3rd seed right now has you up against Houston right now IIRC. If you lose the division and fall to 5th, you have to face Utah.

I don't think anyone wants to play Utah in the 1st round.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I agree. (for your sake) Your 3rd seed right now has you up against Houston right now IIRC. If you lose the division and fall to 5th, you have to face Utah.

I don't think anyone wants to play Utah in the 1st round.

I'm not afraid of the Jazz if we have the home court. If someone has to face them as a road team, that will get ugly. Jazz aren't the same on the road. Still good, but not next to invincible like they are at home.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of the Jazz if we have the home court. If someone has to face them as a road team, that will get ugly. Jazz aren't the same on the road. Still good, but not next to invincible like they are at home.

All they have to do is show up for one of the 4 games on the road though. They did that to Houston in game 7 of last year's first round.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, got it wrong...sorry. Yup she is the one I was referring to. I've had my run ins with her in the past till we called a truce.
:thumbup: Couldn't think of her name for the life of me last night--today it comes to me no problem. Amazing what some sleep will do for you. She is/was 1usctrojan on here.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Utah doesn't scare me either. The Lakers finished 3-1 against them this season and they won in Utah w/out Pau or Bynum. L.A. matches up well against the Jazz.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah doesn't scare me either. The Lakers finished 3-1 against them this season and they won in Utah w/out Pau or Bynum. L.A. matches up well against the Jazz.

Then you should lose the division so you can face them in the first round. :)

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That win was easily one of Utah's worst-played games of the year.

I will worry enough for both of us. ;)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I really hope Phoenix gets the Spurs in the 1st round. That would get the Spurs out of the way early.

This game tonight was just an example. The Spurs cannot and will not beat the Suns. We need to finish in whatever spot puts Phoenix against the Spurs in the 1st round. Get the Spurs out early.

Thank you Phoenix! :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Suns were supposed to lose this one so we could clinch with wins over Kings and Clips.

Now we have to win both of those AND one of the Spurs/Nooch. Nooch is ass end of back to back as well, but I don't fear them at all. We should win on Friday. Watch us lose to the effing kings on the last game of the season though.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not gonna be easy, that's for sure. Overall though, the Phoenix win was the best thing for us. All we have to do is win and Phoenix can't catch us, we control that. We needed the Spurs loss though, we can pass them by beating them now.

For some reason, I'm more afraid of the Clipper and Kings games then the Spurs and Hornets games. I have no idea why.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not gonna be easy, that's for sure. Overall though, the Phoenix win was the best thing for us. All we have to do is win and Phoenix can't catch us, we control that. We needed the Spurs loss though, we can pass them by beating them now.

For some reason, I'm more afraid of the Clipper and Kings games then the Spurs and Hornets games. I have no idea why.

....They play down to bad teams. They have the Clips game but not so sure on about The Kings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the love of God, I've never rooted for a Laker win harder in my life than I will on Sunday (except for that series in the Finals against the Nets where Jason Kidd was exposed as the pretender Suns fans knew him to be/the Nick Van Exel team that knocked out Seattle back in 1995). Please beat the Spurs and hopefully we take care of business giving us the 3rd seed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if I were a Laker fan they wouldn't scare me either. You guys have owned them this year for the most part, and even last year when you sucked, you won the season series, blowing them out by 30 once and beating them in Utah another time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not worry about:

Nooch
Jazz
Warriors
Nuggets
Rockets

Mild worry but confidence:

Dallas

Concern--knock down, drag out series.

Suns
Spurs

Fear we'd lose a series to and thank goodness they aren't in it:

Portland

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont worry
Nooch
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets

Worry, but confident
Dallas
Warriors

Concerned
Suns
Spurs

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont worry
Nooch
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets

Worry, but confident
Dallas
Warriors

Concerned
Suns
Spurs

Aren't you guys worried about bring LO back just in time for the playoffs? That has to be scary for any player not named Kobe on the Lakers....

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Aren't you guys worried about bring LO back just in time for the playoffs? That has to be scary for any player not named Kobe on the Lakers....

You mean Bynum? Personally, I can't wait to get him back. I think the transition will be smooth.

Bynum has been in the triangle for three years and Pau has fit in seamlessly. I heard Fish on The Herd the other day and he said that they have been working on having Pau at forward in practice in anticipation of getting Bynum back.

No worries here. :)