The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
The Hawks could be up 3-1. They only lost one of the games in Boston by 3 points.

You might have this series confused with another, Atlanta got blown out twice in Boston. They lost 104-81 in Game 1, and 96-77 in game 2.

I'm glad the Lakers are up in this one, but I'm far from happy. We're letting them get too many 2nd chance points, our free throw shooting still isn't great, and why the hell are we ignoring Pau Gasol on the offensive end? Part of it is that Pau needs to be more aggressive, but they need to feed him, especially when Kobe is on the bench. He's got 12, but the last several times they have ignored him with good post position.

I want more Gasol damnit. :p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might have this series confused with another, Atlanta got blown out twice in Boston. They lost 104-81 in Game 1, and 96-77 in game 2.

Doh - I was thinking of the Cavs/Wizards game that was 100-97. So many games mixing together...LOL

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Is anyone else here decieved by Pau's game?

Every time I watch the Lakers, I think to myself "my god, Pau's not getting any shots," then I look at the box and tonight he's 6-10 with 18pts. I'm sitting on my couch wondering why they are ignoring him, then I look at the box and guess what? He's the games leading scorer.

Happens to me all the time for some reason, he manages to score so quietly it's just weird. He must score every time I blink or something.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Effing Lakers keeping DEN close here in the third.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in all fairness, after ripping Kobe for being a phony, I gotta say, his smirk right in Kenyon Martin's face on that inbounds play when Kenyon tried to get physical with him was just flat out hilarious. Not losing his cool, not getting back in his face, just a grin like "You're too much of a joke to care about".

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has 15 ever committed a foul? Ever?

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Gasol with the chin-up and a four-point lead.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitting airball for JackAss Smith.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw all the haters re: Pau's first round failures.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05