The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Besides Kobe and Fish, who else has experience on the lakers? Its not like you guys are trotting out playoff vets with your team.. What a weird statement that was...

While I don't think experience is all that big of a factor...Kobe and Fish and Luke have Finals experience. As does Phil. Between them, that's 19 Finals appearances...and 15 rings.

How deep in the bench do you have to go in Boston for that same level of experience?

I'll wait over here, picking my teeth with bones of your argument.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so funny reading this forum these days. You have us Laker fans, and a bunch of bitter ass Suns fans that are so desperate to avoid acknowledging the greatness of the Lakers that they are jumping on the Boston Bandwagon out of desperation.
Then there are those like me...rooting for the Lakers, because no matter what, I want the West to win. I'm sure I'm not alone; it's just the bitter Suns fans are more vocal.

Not particularly happy about cheering on the Lakers, but doing it nonetheless.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Besides Kobe and Fish, who else has experience on the lakers? Its not like you guys are trotting out playoff vets with your team.. What a weird statement that was...

You realize morons have been leaning on that tired arguement the entire playoff run? Care to quote Gasol's playoff record while your at it?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allow me to elaborate then..

Kobe and Fisher both have finals experience, no one on the Celtics can say that. Also Phil Jackson is their coach, vs Doc Rivers for Boston. Phil better knows what to expect and how to prepare his team. Neither team overall is all that experienced in finals play, the Lakers have move experience then the Celtics though. Does that make more sense?

While I don't think experience is all that big of a factor...Kobe and Fish and Luke have Finals experience. As does Phil. Between them, that's 19 Finals appearances...and 15 rings.

How deep in the bench do you have to go in Boston for that same level of experience?

I'll wait over here, picking my teeth with bones of your argument.

You realize morons have been leaning on that tired arguement the entire playoff run? Care to quote Gasol's playoff record while your at it?

They way you all talk, you make it seem like your team is loaded with a plethera of Finals experience.. Which just isnt the case..

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Who else finds it funny to see Gee on Boston's jock after all his complaining that Arizona residents should only cheer for Arizona teams?

Talk about irony!

:biglaugh:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They way you all talk, you make it seem like your team is loaded with a plethera of Finals experience.. Which just isnt the case..

Still waiting for you to comb through the Celtics roster and let me know their ring count and Finals experience.

Doesn't take long, dude.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguing with the new Celts fan is like playing handball against the drapes.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers are a -200 to win it all, meaning they are a pretty heavy favorite.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Lakers are a -200 to win it all, meaning they are a pretty heavy favorite.

Wow.. I figured that with Bostons regular season record, being 2-0 against LA, and having home court, that the Lakers would be under dogs.

I have to agree though that LA is the favorite. They are playing better then anyone right now, the 2 games were in December, and the Lakers have played better on the road then anyone in the playoffs.

I'm guessing we drop game 1, and then win game 2.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The Lakers have only played one bad game this playoffs, Game 3 vs the Spurs. I'd say they are the favorites.

Kobe won't allow the team to lose. 4-3 on the road in the playoffs. 3-0 when they have a chance to eliminate their opponents. The Lakers are talented and mentally tough.

They never panic. The rest of the team feeds off of Kobe's confidence. Boston won't go quietly, but I like L.A.'s chances.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who else finds it funny to see Gee on Boston's jock after all his complaining that Arizona residents should only cheer for Arizona teams?

Talk about irony!

:biglaugh:

What does 20 + 5 + 34 = ???????

Answer..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at least your math is consistent with your logic.

Worthless?

Well Id hope you two are just being petty.. But on the outside chance you two are clearly not bright enuff to figure it out.. I'll solve it for you..

20(Allen's #) + 5(Garnett's #) + 34(Pierce's #) = 17(The number of total championships the Celtics will win after this year)

So by this equation I am saying these 3 will bring the next championship to boston..

Ooohhhwweeeeee..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Id hope you two are just being petty.. But on the outside chance you two are clearly not bright enuff to figure it out.. I'll solve it for you..

20(Allen's #) + 5(Garnett's #) + 34(Pierce's #) = 17(The number of total championships the Celtics will win after this year)

So by this equation I am saying these 3 will bring the next championship to boston..

Ooohhhwweeeeee..

Yeah, everyone got it. Wasn't funny. And the C-rags will still have 16 titles after this year; the Lakers will close that gap to 1.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are gonna magically win 6 championships in one year?

Don't know your history, do you? Ever heard of a guy named Mikan? I'm sure you did Mikan drills as a kid...yeah, that guy is responsible for 5 titles for the Lakers franchise.

Of course, your city-centric view probably messes your logic up there.

Lakers = 14 titles
Celtics = 16 titles

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know your history, do you? Ever heard of a guy named Mikan? I'm sure you did Mikan drills as a kid...yeah, that guy is responsible for 5 titles for the Lakers franchise.

Of course, your city-centric view probably messes your logic up there.

Lakers = 14 titles
Celtics = 16 titles

Oh, so were now counting non NBA titles? lol ok.. Whatever helps you sleep at night.. I only count 9 titles..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, so were now counting non NBA titles? lol ok.. Whatever helps you sleep at night.. I only count 9 titles..

Dude, you can't POSSIBLY be that daft. I didn't count the 2 NBL and BAA titles the Lakers won. Only the NBA titles. 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954. NBA.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you can't POSSIBLY be that daft. I didn't count the 2 NBL and BAA titles the Lakers won. Only the NBA titles. 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954. NBA.

Well someone on this board isnt telling the truth.. But it really matters not.. Who has the most?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05