The 2007-08 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Colin Cowherd the other day he had ex NBA players and experts on to rank the greatest all time players.. Heres the short list in order..

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlin
Larry Bird
Bill Russell

They had this discussion to see where Kobe ranks.. And they said he has just broken into the top 10 after this year..

Ooopps.. No Kobe for you.. Not even a top five slot..

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Colin Cowherd the other day he had ex NBA players and experts on to rank the greatest all time players.. Heres the short list in order..

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlin
Larry Bird
Bill Russell

They had this discussion to see where Kobe ranks.. And they said he has just broken into the top 10 after this year..

What's your point? Most Lakers fans and KB jockers here wouldnt put KB in the top 5 all-time.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlin
Larry Bird
Bill Russell

Do you have a point rumbling around in there? That Kobe is right now considered a top 10 player of all time? Damn impressive. Somehow I think you were going for something that would piss people off.

Per usual, you fail.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KB cracking the top 10 all-time is amazing and awesome.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald ranks Kobe above Jordan..

At the end of his career, maybe. Talent for talent, it's close. I'm not the only one to say it. Several announcers and analysts are saying the same thing.

As to where they stand now in all time lists? No. Kobe clearly has a lot of catching up to do.

Again...you get the buzzer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of his career, maybe. Talent for talent, it's close.

As to where they stand now? No. Kobe clearly has a lot of catching up to do.

Again...you get the buzzer.

Oh no.. You never once told me by the end of their careers.. The way you always presented your case was in the present..

And what does a buzzer have to do with soccer? Even after the final second has ticked off the clock the game can still be decided by shots on goal..

oops..

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even after the final second has ticked off the clock the game can still be decided by shots on goal..

You must be registered for see images

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no.. You never once told me by the end of their careers.. The way you always presented your case was in the present..

And what does a buzzer have to do with soccer? Even after the final second has ticked off the clock the game can still be decided by shots on goal..

oops..

When comparing who is more talented? Yes, that uses the present.

When comparing where they stand in NBA history? No, that uses the totality of a career, where Jordan stands above. I do argue Jordan vs. Magic though.

Buzzer and soccer? That's your whiny argument. Nope. Again you get a buzzer. FAIL!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buzzer and soccer? That's your whiny argument.

Point is in context to what you said and the pic you chose to reflect your or enhance your witty lil know it all statement did not go together.. And in fact it could be, and was, debated that I indeed did not fail.. :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which brings up, who do I have in my top 20 all time?

1. Magic
2. Jordan
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Wilt
5. Larry Bird
6. Jerry West
7. Kareem
8. Dr. J
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Bill Russell
11. Elgin Baylor
12. Shaq
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Timmah
15. Kobe
16. Malone
17. Stockton
18. Moses Malone
19. Rick Barry
20. Charles Barkley

I don't even have Kobe in the top 10...yet.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flushing out the top 10, KB will have to add to the trophy case (MVP, titles, etc) to surpass some of these guys.

(no order)

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Wilt Chamberlain
Larry Bird
Bill Russell

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Julius Erving
Shaquille O'Neal
Elgin Baylor
Bob Cousey
Hakeem?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point is in context to what you said and the pic you chose to reflect your or enhance your witty lil know it all statement did not go together.. And in fact it could be, and was, debated that I indeed did not fail.. :thumbup:

Now you are arguing about sarcastic pictures instead of the fact that you went down a path that you were wrong about? Once again, you hear the buzzer.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you are arguing about sarcastic pictures instead of the fact that you went down a path that you were wrong about? Once again, you hear the buzzer.

These pics dont even make sense.. What does Zune have to do with anything? And dude.. Your the one putting up the pics.. lmao..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeke too high.

Zeke very short. Amazing how good he was at his size. Plus two titles....gritty as hell and though a superbitch, I respected the hell out of his game. Hated him, but respect. He was that team. Man, I hated that team.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These pics dont even make sense.. What does Zune have to do with anything? And dude.. Your the one putting up the pics.. lmao..

Inability to string logic together into a zenlike realization = buzzer sounding in the distance and....ahhhhh......you.....

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this one.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Which brings up, who do I have in my top 20 all time?

1. Magic
2. Jordan
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Wilt
5. Larry Bird
6. Jerry West
7. Kareem
8. Dr. J
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Bill Russell
11. Elgin Baylor
12. Shaq
13. Isiah Thomas
14. Timmah
15. Kobe
16. Malone
17. Stockton
18. Moses Malone
19. Rick Barry
20. Charles Barkley

I don't even have Kobe in the top 10...yet.
And it looks like you don't even have Kobe as one of the top 5 Lakers of all time, let alone the entire league.

This reminds me of a radio discussion yesterday between Dan Patrick and Dick Stockton where they tried to name the all-time starting lineup for both the Celtics and Lakers. Pretty amazing on the Laker side when Kobe probably isn't even a starting guard, you gotta start Magic and the Logo ahead of him, don't you?

I think they had Kareem as the center with Wilt and Shaq backing him up. Geezus, the bench on that team would kill most all-star teams.

The Celtic version is a little easier. I think everyone pretty much agrees that their all-time lineup would consist of Bird, McKale, Russell, Cousy, and Havlicek. Stockton tried to sneak Tommy Heinsohn in there, but that's crap.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it looks like you don't even have Kobe as one of the top 5 Lakers of all time, let alone the entire league.

This reminds me of a radio discussion yesterday between Dan Patrick and Dick Stockton where they tried to name the all-time starting lineup for both the Celtics and Lakers. Pretty amazing on the Laker side when Kobe probably isn't even a starting guard, you gotta start Magic and the Logo ahead of him, don't you?

West and Kobe could battle it out in practice for the starting spot...Kobe'd beat him out, but man, how can you sit either of those guys??

I'd have to bring up a guy who I love at the 4 for that team though. Bring in Big Game James.

Magic, Kobe/West, Baylor, Worthy, Wilt as the starters...Kobe/West sixth man and you just keep him out there as long as you can.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
West and Kobe could battle it out in practice for the starting spot...Kobe'd beat him out, but man, how can you sit either of those guys??

I'd have to bring up a guy who I love at the 4 for that team though. Bring in Big Game James.

Magic, Kobe/West, Baylor, Worthy, Wilt as the starters...Kobe/West sixth man and you just keep him out there as long as you can.

SI.com just did this. They slid KB over to SF and had no qualms about doing so.