The Arsenal FC thread

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Well that didn't go as planned. ManU completely outworked us and we didn't play very well either. Our passing, especially in the 1st half, was bad.

Luckily a lot of the other top teams dropped points this weekend.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Such a typical Arsenal season.

A couple months of hope before falling away, tons of injuries, complete failure in big games, wasted January transfer window, a battle for 4th, etc.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a typical Arsenal season.

A couple months of hope before falling away, tons of injuries, complete failure in big games, wasted January transfer window, a battle for 4th, etc.

That Everton game was brutal. No creativity etc. They looked as if they gave up after the first goal.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
The wheels seem to have fallen of lately, but there is still a good shot at some hardware in the FA Cup. As long as the team that played Everton in the quarter finals shows up as opposed to the team that played Everton last weekend, we should be in the finals. COYG!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Wow. I hope my neighbors can forgive all the yelling and cursing after the first 10 minutes. But after Santi got one back on that awesome free kick, I thought we'd win it. Great way to put an end to that "_____ years without a trophy" every year.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramsey is awesome. Good job winning a Wenger double! 4th place and the FA cup!

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Glad for Arsenal. At least they're a proper football team. Would have been terrible if a nothing of a club like Hull won it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bittersweet. After leading the Premiere League for longer than any other team, the FA Cup seems more like a consolation than an accomplishment.

Wenger is signing a new deal--I hope that comes with bringing in some good talent. Ozil was ok last year, but we need more than one major signing this summer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Glad for Arsenal. At least they're a proper football team. Would have been terrible if a nothing of a club like Hull won it.

Hmm, a bandwagon-type opinion. You'd rather a big club wins than an underdog? So good to know you'd never like Leeds to do anything every again then, as they're not a proper football club ;)

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Alexis Sanchez coming to Arsenal. One seat on the bandwagon please.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mathieu Debuchy, the French right back, is also slated to join Arsenal. With Alexis coming, it makes for the best summer the club has had in ages.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Mathieu Debuchy, the French right back, is also slated to join Arsenal. With Alexis coming, it makes for the best summer the club has had in ages.

Yep. It's also good to get deals done before the season starts. I think we still need a CB and a maybe a more defensive midfielder. Vermaelen might leave and I thought we were already short there last season. Luckily Per and Kos were pretty healthy and Sagna could fill in at times. But Sagna's gone, so if Vermaelen leaves we'll have basically no backups at CB. For midfield, Flamini and Arteta aren't getting any younger and I thought both got worse as last season went on.

Also, you're a Barca fan and I don't watch La Liga. How good is Alexis? I can watch youtube highlights all day but those don't give you the whole picture. Do you think he'll play up top or or on the wing more?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Don't expect a lot of defense :) He's a good attacking RB, but is caught out too much on defense. As long as we get that Dutch replacement in, I'm fine with this move.

Edit: Also, neither of those transfers are 100 percent done yet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. It's also good to get deals done before the season starts. I think we still need a CB and a maybe a more defensive midfielder. Vermaelen might leave and I thought we were already short there last season. Luckily Per and Kos were pretty healthy and Sagna could fill in at times. But Sagna's gone, so if Vermaelen leaves we'll have basically no backups at CB. For midfield, Flamini and Arteta aren't getting any younger and I thought both got worse as last season went on.

Also, you're a Barca fan and I don't watch La Liga. How good is Alexis? I can watch youtube highlights all day but those don't give you the whole picture. Do you think he'll play up top or or on the wing more?

He's pretty darn good, better than Giroud at any rate. He plays the wing on Barca because of Messi, so I would assume he'd be a Podolski type position. And MUCH more effective.