The Arsenal FC thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the exact type of player that Aresnal needs to be more competitive at the top of the league. Despite what Mulli says, Ramsey and Arteta aren't anywhere close to being a good defensive midfield pairing.

I said nothing of Arteta.

Ramsey is awesome.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said nothing of Arteta.

Ramsey is awesome.

Ramsey doesn't belong on a team's starting 11 trying to win titles in the toughest league in the world. He belongs on the bench on that type of team.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramsey doesn't belong on a team's starting 11 trying to win titles in the toughest league in the world. He belongs on the bench on that type of team.

You are nuts.

Ramsey's overall record for the season was W24, D3, L7 for a superb win rate of 70.6 per cent. Arsenal's record for the 20 games he missed due to a thigh injury at the start of 2014 was W11, D5, L4 - a 55 per cent win rate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are blinded because you are nuts.

Same argument as before. I could name you at least 10 defensive midfielders in the world that are better than Ramsey, easily. For a team that wants to be in the upper echelon of the world team, you need to have the world's best players playing for it consistently. Right now, Aresnal doesn't have even one player you could say that he is top 3 in his position in the world at the moment, and that isn't good enough to win the Champions League.

This year it seems like they are finally ready to spend some of the money that they have been making over the years by selling their best players.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same argument as before. I could name you at least 10 defensive midfielders in the world that are better than Ramsey, easily. For a team that wants to be in the upper echelon of the world team, you need to have the world's best players playing for it consistently. Right now, Aresnal doesn't have even one player you could say that he is top 3 in his position in the world at the moment, and that isn't good enough to win the Champions League.

This year it seems like they are finally ready to spend some of the money that they have been making over the years by selling their best players.

Yet, Arsenal was killing it before Ramsey went down. And just signed Alexis Sanchez. Ramsey is awesome and just 23.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Debuchy signing is official.

Word is Khedira might be resigning with Real Madrid, so it's looking like we won't get him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Word is Khedira might be resigning with Real Madrid, so it's looking like we won't get him.

I think RM needs Khedira more than the money that they can make selling him. Modric and Kroos play the same type of role from their defensive midfield position where Khedira is the different style player.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The Janmaat signing is official today too. I much prefer Janmaat to Debuchy; similar player, similar style, more defensive capability, half the price, four years younger.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Vermaelen is off to Barcelona for £15m. Not a bad price for someone who has hardly played the last 2 seasons and was in the last year of his contract. Of course, we need another CB now.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Playing in just over half an hour. Alexis is starting up top over Giroud. With Ozil back in the team as well, hopefully the attack will be a lot more dynamic.

Mertesacker is also back but Podolski didn't make the trip. There's a lot of speculation that he's going to be sold.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Blatant bad call gives Everton a 2 goal lead. Arsenal tying it for the draw is good, but what a horribly officiated game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blatant bad call gives Everton a 2 goal lead. Arsenal tying it for the draw is good, but what a horribly officiated game.

That was a bad offside call for sure, but Arsenal didn't do anything of consequence until Giroud came in. Howard didnt make a save or barely touch the ball with his hands in the first half.

For as great as it looks when they can complete 5 passes inside of the box to score, they rely on it to much a la Barcelona.

Until they improve, I see them beating the lesser teams and struggling with the top 6.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
We signed Danny Welbeck at the end of the window. He seems like a decent option at striker, at least while Giroud is out. However, I can't believe we didn't get another defender. We currently only have 6 in the squad. Gibbs is injury prone (currently injured already) and Chambers is a 19 year old who is playing CB for the first time in his short career. Chambers has looked promising so far but I'll be really worried if Kos or Per get injured and he has to play against any of the big clubs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Crappy loss to Chelsea, but like that Wenger won't back down. He actually PUSHED Mourinho on the sideline. Not a good move, probably, but nobody ever stands up to Mourinho and his tactics.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
0 shots on goal for the entire match. There's something tactically wrong. There's plenty of attacking talent but we seem so easy to defend against.