The Arsenal FC thread

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walcotts not a midfielder. He's a winger who actually prefers to play in the center.

I agree. He's the guy you want counter-attacking against the high line. He's not the guy you want trying to be creative in the middle against a sagging back line. If he can't out-run guys, he doesn't seem very effective to me.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I was about to say that was a weird game. We dominated large parts of it and should have been up a few goals in the first half. Then we gave away a stupid penalty and lost all momentum and it should have been 2-2 on Altidore's goal. But for Arsenal that's not a weird game, kind of normal actually. Ramsey and Giroud have been fantastic so far. Not only has Ramsey been scoring goals, but he leads the Premier League in tackles.

Here's Ramsey's 2nd, really nice passing from Giroud and great finish by Ramsey:

You must be registered for see images

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not to discount Ozil. Fantastic signing and we could see just why he is far and away the best assist man in Europe, if not the world.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Not to discount Ozil. Fantastic signing and we could see just why he is far and away the best assist man in Europe, if not the world.

Yeah, his first touch to bring down that long ball from Gibbs to set up Giroud's goal was fantastic. He made it look effortless.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walcotts not a midfielder. He's a winger who actually prefers to play in the center.

I said attacking midlfield. I meant their attacking 3 behind the striker.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I said attacking midlfield. I meant their attacking 3 behind the striker.

Ok, makes more sense. That said, Walcott's been pretty average this season so far. He's got speed, but that's the only weapon he has. That's why his preference at playing center forward is so baffling.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, makes more sense. That said, Walcott's been pretty average this season so far. He's got speed, but that's the only weapon he has. That's why his preference at playing center forward is so baffling.

Agreed. Especially since he wasted 3 golden opportunities. You would think he would try to use his speed more to get around the keeper. I rarely ever seen him do that.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Ramsey is just ridiculous right now. An assist and another goal. That's 8 goals in 9 games now.

The win is especially nice with Tottenham and Chelsea drawing and both Manchester clubs losing. We're already 8 points ahead of United.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Hey, Napoli, I would rather eat pizza in Rome, so there!

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
What a dominate performance. Came out and took an early lead and then stayed so composed throughout the rest of the game. Great win!

I was wrong on Flamini. He's been really good so far. He has a hard nosed, nasty approach that we haven't had in a long time. He knows his role and doesn't try to be flashy like Alex Song was a few years ago.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
That first goal was insanely good. Giroud has a knack getting one-touch assists like this and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

And then Ramsey's goal and Ozil's 2nd were awesome too. They're all playing with such confidence around the goal right now and it's really fun to watch.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first goal was insanely good. Giroud has a knack getting one-touch assists like this and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

And then Ramsey's goal and Ozil's 2nd were awesome too. They're all playing with such confidence around the goal right now and it's really fun to watch.
:eek:
number1.gif

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at home and I'm certain I woke the numbers on that goal. Spilled my coffee and choked on my eggs. Coughed all the way through Ozil's goal.

Anyone want to try the Yucca Lounge? Arizona Gooners hang ou there on gameday.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I was at home and I'm certain I woke the numbers on that goal. Spilled my coffee and choked on my eggs. Coughed all the way through Ozil's goal.

Anyone want to try the Yucca Lounge? Arizona Gooners hang ou there on gameday.

I've been meaning to make it out to some of those. I'm in the group on facebook already. However, with my work schedule, I usually don't wake up until the early afternoon and have to DVR the games.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Lots of people were questioning Arsenal's schedule, saying they hadn't played many tough teams. Then we beat Liverpool and Dortmund in less than a week. Arsenal are currently 5 points clear in the PL and in the driver's seat in the CL group. Feels pretty good right now.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of people were questioning Arsenal's schedule, saying they hadn't played many tough teams. Then we beat Liverpool and Dortmund in less than a week. Arsenal are currently 5 points clear in the PL and in the driver's seat in the CL group. Feels pretty good right now.

And some of the top teams have played the same weak teams with lesser results.