The Dbacks offseason thread

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Gambo and Ash reported that the Dbacks are very close to acquiring Cory Patterson from the Cubs. Do any of you know what he makes???

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Are you sure Lofton's a FA??? I heard he wasn't but it would make sense as the Phillys acquired Rowand??

Kenny Lofton is indeed a FA.....

devilfan02 said:
Gambo and Ash reported that the Dbacks are very close to acquiring Cory Patterson from the Cubs. Do any of you know what he makes???

Oh lord... I wont react to this one since Gambo/Ash and whoever their sources are..arent really the most credible/reputable whatsoever, but Patterson would possibly be one of the worst decisions the Dbacks can make at this juncture... I'll just cut-and-pasted my remarks regarding him from earlier in this thread:

This was the initial rumor linking Patterson to the Dbacks:

- Luis Gonzalez. He's no longer a feared hitter, and the Diamondbacks wouldn't mind moving Gonzalez's $11.5 million salary. If he or Matt Murton threw well enough to play right field, they would be a fit for the Cubs. But neither does, and the Cubs have committed to Murton in left.

The Diamondbacks do have interest in Corey Patterson and might consider moving Shawn Green, who drove in 73 runs last year.

I wonder if that suggested that it would be a straight-up deal for either Gonzo or Green? That would be extremely worthwhile, however, dont know if the Cubs would want to take on either of their lucrative contracts in return.... So.. the Dbacks might have to sacrifice one of their best prospects which is something that Im obviously absolutely not in favor for....

Patterson lacks plate-discipline, is somewhat injury prone, has never lived-up to his high expectations/potential, but perhaps a change of scenery could benefit him well......

Im mixed I guess.... it's contingent on who the Dbacks would have to give-up, however, they're still in dire need of a 'legit lead-off hitter and since Patterson lacks in the area of OPS/OBP, then Im completely elated, but perhaps at 24 he still has some slight upside.....

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
KLL said:
Kenny Lofton is indeed a FA.....

Oh lord... I wont react to this one since Gambo/Ash and whoever their sources are..arent really the most credible/reputable whatsoever, but Patterson would possibly be one of the worst decisions the Dbacks can make at this juncture... I'll just cut-and-pasted my remarks regarding him from earlier in this thread:

This was the initial rumor linking Patterson to the Dbacks:

I wonder if that suggested that it would be a straight-up deal for either Gonzo or Green? That would be extremely worthwhile, however, dont know if the Cubs would want to take on either of their lucrative contracts in return.... So.. the Dbacks might have to sacrifice one of their best prospects which is something that Im obviously absolutely not in favor for....

Patterson lacks plate-discipline, is somewhat injury prone, has never lived-up to his high expectations/potential, but perhaps a change of scenery could benefit him well......

Im mixed I guess.... it's contingent on who the Dbacks would have to give-up, however, they're still in dire need of a 'legit lead-off hitter and since Patterson lacks in the area of OPS/OBP, then Im completely elated, but perhaps at 24 he still has some slight upside.....

I read somewhere last night that the Cubs have interest in Green. I don't want Patterson, his attitude and discipline are horrible. And for 3 mill a year plus a prospect???? No way.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Mao, I didn't realize Lofton was a FA. Maybe if he's decently cheap but like you said, he'll prob end up with the Yanks. Their not going to bite on Damons rediculous 7 year contract

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Lofton's a free agent who will likely take a short contract, no prospects will have to be sacrificed unless forfeiting a draft pick is involved. I don't think it matters though, I'm guessing Lofton ends up wherever Johnny Damon doesn't betwen New York and Boston.

Lofton had a poopy run in his first go with the Yanks. I'm not too certain they bring him back for an encore.

Also, I feel sorry for whoever bites on Johnny Damon's assnine contract demands. He's a good player, but not THAT good.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Snake said:
Lofton had a poopy run in his first go with the Yanks. I'm not too certain they bring him back for an encore.

Also, I feel sorry for whoever bites on Johnny Damon's assnine contract demands. He's a good player, but not THAT good.

Can Anquan Boldin play CF for a couple years????:D :D :D

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Can Anquan Boldin play CF for a couple years????:D :D :D

Sure, in between tours of the Middle East to try and put an end to Terrorism and trips to his lab, where he's working on a cure for cancer, I'm sure he'd man CF well for the D-Backs. :biglaugh:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Snake said:
Sure, in between tours of the Middle East to try and put an end to Terrorism and trips to his lab, where he's working on a cure for cancer, I'm sure he'd man CF well for the D-Backs. :biglaugh:

Thats exactly what I was thinkin. Gambo and Ash actually reported that Quan found a cure for the bird flu and then he agreed to the MLB minimum to roam BOB's CF. Love that guy! Deion Sanders Who?

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Thats exactly what I was thinkin. Gambo and Ash actually reported that Quan found a cure for the bird flu and then he agreed to the MLB minimum to roam BOB's CF. Love that guy! Deion Sanders Who?

Wow.. I heard Gambo also reported that in the middle of serving soup at one of the Valley shelters, he invented the internet.

What can Q do for you??

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Snake said:

Yeah I agree. Baseball Tonight analyst all agree that the Yankees will go w/ Bubba Crosby until a big name like A. Jones, M. Cameron, and some other big name CF become available.

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Reports are a couple of ex-Diamondbacks are on the verge of being traded for one another...

The Brewers and Jays reportedly are finalizing a deal that would see 1B Lyle Overbay landing in The Great White North in exchange for SP Dave Bush or OF Alexis Rios and 3B Shea Hillenbrand.

First, anyone know why Hillenbrand can't seem to stick with a team for more than two years?

Second, what's the though behind this deal? Rios and Hillenbrand seems kind of steep.

To think Arizona had he and Capuano (who's fit in nicely in to Milwaukee's rotation.) I hate that Sexson deal more and more every day. At the time, it seemed like highway robbery on our behalf. Now, I think the other way around.

Fortunately, we have a chance for retrobution with a young 1B with a million dollar upside, and a GM who's smart enough not to piss him away.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Because Shea's an absolute dick. I hated that guy when he was here. He was the most unclutch player I've ever seen, Glaus a very close second. He couldn't hit worth a crap when anything mattered but was awesome when we're getting blown out. Look at what he did in Toronto last year. They were never in it and he a had a good year. Plus, do I need to bring up his horrible defense??? Capuano and Overbay were the two big losses in that deal. Although Overbay wouldn't really fit in here anymore with Clark and Jackson he was still solid and a good clubhouse guy. Capuano is awesome and would have been a #3 or 4 starter for us

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Because Shea's an absolute dick. I hated that guy when he was here.

LOL I take it you never invested money in a Shea Hillenbrand DBacks jersey huh? :biglaugh:

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Yeah, it's in my closet next my Richie Sexson & Joe Johnson jerseys:gun:

Sexson? Ouch..

(Quickly stuffs my Sexson jersey underneath my Simeon Rice Cardinal jersey)

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Javy was almost traded tonight.

The Nationals and Diamondbacks were reportedly closer to a deal that would have sent Javier Vazquez to Washington for Ryan Church, Jamey Carroll and a minor leaguer, but talks broke down.
The Diamondbacks wanted either Mike Hinckley or Collin Balester, both among Washington's top pitching prospects, in the deal. "We thought we had a deal, but when we walked into the room, the deal completely changed," a Nationals source said. "The talks broke off and they are done now." Dec. 7 - 10:10 pm et
Source: MLB.com

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Now that Clemens is prob not coming back to Houston, do you think they'd have any interest in Javy? They have some guys in the pen we could def use

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Quick question- Is Brian Bannister, the Mets pitching prospect who was involved in lots of trade rumors recently, from Scottsdale and then pitched for USC?? Just wondering

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Quick question- Is Brian Bannister, the Mets pitching prospect who was involved in lots of trade rumors recently, from Scottsdale and then pitched for USC?? Just wondering

Yeah he pitched for the Trojans

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05