OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
I was making a point. Someone else viewed Hairston and Terrero as lazy and I put the blame on Melvin.
You are putting the blame on Melvin for their attitudes even though its the same lazy attitude they have had years before Melvin? Whatever you say...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Wanna evaluate Terrero.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

You must be registered for see images

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
You are putting the blame on Melvin for their attitudes even though its the same lazy attitude they have had years before Melvin? Whatever you say...

Don't just quote one part of my post. If you would have posted the rest of it you may have seen my point. Even if they were lazy before, which I have no idea if they were or not, Melvin does absolutely NOTHING to cure the problem. If anything, their attitudes get worse. Dbacks with lackluster attitudes: Glaus, Snyder, Green, Terrero. Former players like Matt Williams and Mark Grace have been quoted as saying there is very little clubhouse camraderie. While a manager may not be able to make a huge impact on a players attitude/effort, he should be able to make them presentable. If you take a look around our field, you can clearly tell Melvin's not putting anywhere near the effort needed in that aspect of the game. But whatever you say....

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Steve Finley traded to the Giants for 3B Edgardo Alfonso. Seeing Fins in a Giants jersey hurts almost more than him in a Dodgers one. He's almost played for every NL West team, Colorado being the only one left.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Wanna evaluate Terrero.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

That picture looks l ike the game against the Marlins when his dumba$$ got cherry picked at 3rd. The last time I saw that happen was in coach pitch little league

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
CoyotesHockey and DevilFan, we're all Diamondback Fans.. Let's save our negative vibes for any poor Gnat or Dodger fans who stumble on to our boards to talk ****.

Shake hands you two :biglaugh:

The Finley for Alfonso deal all but kills any chance of Troy Glaus being traded to Anaheim, and makes it more likely he returns to Arizona next season.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Snake said:
CoyotesHockey and DevilFan, we're all Diamondback Fans.. Let's save our negative vibes for any poor Gnat or Dodger fans who stumble on to our boards to talk ****.

Shake hands you two :biglaugh:

The Finley for Alfonso deal all but kills any chance of Troy Glaus being traded to Anaheim, and makes it more likely he returns to Arizona next season.

I thought the same thing but I just read on ESPN.com that they might put Alfonzo at 2nd and Figgins in CF. The Glaus deal may still be alive but now it seems it's up to Boston. Who knows what the Sox are up to these days

Alfonzo played in only 109 games last season, batting .277 with two home runs and 43 RBI.

"He will come in and take a shot at playing a lot of infield. Whether it would be at second or third will probably be determined in spring training,'' Stoneman said. "By trading Steve Finley, it makes it more likely that Chone Figgins is going to be playing more out in center than he did in the past.''

He knew his future with the club was in question because the Giants want to develop Pedro Feliz as a regular starter at one position. He got 569 at-bats last season and played 79 games at third.

cardsfan22

Rookie
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Steve Finley traded to the Giants for 3B Edgardo Alfonso. Seeing Fins in a Giants jersey hurts almost more than him in a Dodgers one. He's almost played for every NL West team, Colorado being the only one left.

Say it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just read on FSN that the Cubs are willing to trade Prior for Tejada but talks have stalled because the Orioles don't want to depart with Bedard and the Cubs unwilling to part with Felix Pie or another pitching prospect. We should try to trade for Prior using Quentin and Halsey and maybe Valverde. Prior is an ace and if he is healthy, he is only 25, will be a force for the next 10 years.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
overseascardfan said:
Just read on FSN that the Cubs are willing to trade Prior for Tejada but talks have stalled because the Orioles don't want to depart with Bedard and the Cubs unwilling to part with Felix Pie or another pitching prospect. We should try to trade for Prior using Quentin and Halsey and maybe Valverde. Prior is an ace and if he is healthy, he is only 25, will be a force for the next 10 years.

If Boston gets rid of Manny I bet the Red Sox will then try and trade for Glaus.

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks, moving aggressively to trade third baseman Troy Glaus, are in serious discussions with the Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles and an unidentified National League club, FOXSports.com has learned.

The Red Sox and Blue Jays are the front-runners for Glaus, according to an official from one of the interested clubs. The Sox, Jays and Orioles likely would move Glaus to first base, a position he has not played in his eight-year major-league career.

It looks like Troy Glaus' days in Arizona are numbered. (Elsa / Getty Images)

Glaus, 29, has limited no-trade protection in the four-year, $45 million contract he signed with the Diamondbacks last off-season. He would need to approve a deal to the Blue Jays, according to a source with knowledge of his contract. It is not known whether the other suitors are on his no-trade list.

The Diamondbacks, trying to add pitching, believe they can unload Glaus without paying any of the $32.75 million that he is owed in the final three years of his contract, sources say.

The Jays offered second baseman Orlando Hudson for Glaus, and probably would be willing to part with right-hander Miguel Batista as well if they obtained another player in the deal.

The Diamondbacks have discussed left-hander Erik Bedard from the Orioles and a number of other options. It is not known which Red Sox players the D-Backs are targeting, but Arizona's new general manager, Josh Byrnes, previously was the Red Sox's assistant G.M. The Sox have been protective of their young pitching in trade discussions.

A trade of Glaus would enable the Diamondbacks to move Chad Tracy from right field to third base. Shawn Green would go from center to right, and Conor Jackson and Tony Clark would share time at first.

Glaus batted .258 with 37 homers and 97 RBIs in his first season with the Diamondbacks, appearing in 149 games. Friends of his believe that he might be even more productive in '06. Glaus was unable to work on his upper body last off-season while recovering from shoulder surgery. Ken Rosenthal is FOXSports.com's senior baseball writer.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
The Blue Jays have been said to be interested in Koyie Hill. What about trading him for Josh Towers who is a back of the rotation starter with good control, but his stuff isn't all that great. He had a superb season and might be too much to ask for, but I think this is was career year for him.

Although, since they are also rumored to be after Glaus I can see Hill being packaged with our power 3rd baseman.

From Boston, I would not mind getting a pitcher like Bronson Arroyo or Matt Clement. However, I am against recieving Wells from the Red Sox and would like a pitching prospect (mid-tier) as well.

Lastly, I would love for the D'Backs to pick up Wade Miller. He is a low-risk, high-reward pitcher with a lot of potential. The arm injury hurt him badly, but if he can return from that to his previous form he will allow for us to have two good pitchers at the top of our rotation.

Edit: Some Boston fans are talking about Graffanino and Clement for Glaus. That is tough because I like Hudson over Graffanino but I like Clement over Batista. If we have to decide on either of this players I would have to go with trading Glaus to Boston for their better pitcher.

Edit #2: Eric Byrnes was also non-tendered by the Orioles. He would probably be a cheap alternative in CF. Last year we tried to pick him up, but the asking price was too high.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The Jays would be on crack to give up Towers for Koyie Hill. We'd have to throw in an elite prospect or Glaus for the deal to happen. I really like Orlando Hudson due to his defense, but with Drew and Upton on the horizon in the middle infield I don't se him fitting long-term. I only wish we could package Ortiz, Green, or Gonzo with Glaus but unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
overseascardfan said:
I say trade Glaus for Tejada and then flip him and Green to Chicago for Prior and and prospects.

If the O's won't trade Tejada for Prior straight up, they def won't for Glaus. It would have to take Glaus, Nippert, and one or two of the Big 3. The only way we get pitching for Glaus is either through Balt for Bedard or Boston for Clement. It would take way too much

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
If the O's won't trade Tejada for Prior straight up, they def won't for Glaus. It would have to take Glaus, Nippert, and one or two of the Big 3. The only way we get pitching for Glaus is either through Balt for Bedard or Boston for Clement. It would take way too much

I don't see why it would take Glaus and 2 high level prospects to get Tejada. Glaus is just as productive as Tejada, he's been an all star, and is young. If you think that is what it would take for Tejada then we should trade Glaus to Boston for Lester, Papelpon, and Pedroia.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
overseascardfan said:
I don't see why it would take Glaus and 2 high level prospects to get Tejada. Glaus is just as productive as Tejada, he's been an all star, and is young. If you think that is what it would take for Tejada then we should trade Glaus to Boston for Lester, Papelpon, and Pedroia.

If Joe G. Jr. was their GM we would have a shot at that deal. :D

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Espn Insider Says:
Troy Glaus
Diamondbacks

Blue Jays?

Glaus to Blue Jays?
Dec 22 - Peter Gammons reports one American League GM says he "expects Troy Glaus to Toronto to happen." Boston and Baltimore have been in, but the Blue Jays were the leaders on Thursday.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Espo said:
Espn Insider Says:
Troy Glaus
Diamondbacks

Blue Jays?

Glaus to Blue Jays?
Dec 22 - Peter Gammons reports one American League GM says he "expects Troy Glaus to Toronto to happen." Boston and Baltimore have been in, but the Blue Jays were the leaders on Thursday.

Let's hope then it's a better deal then Hudson and Batista.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
green machine said:
Let's hope then it's a better deal then Hudson and Batista.

Hopefully it is McGown and Hudson, but it will probably be Hudson, Batista, and a lower-tier pitching prospect. Which isn't all that bad, but I would still want the Boston trade more.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
"Talking about Troy Glaus, one major league executive who recently spoke with Diamondbacks GM Josh Byrnes said, "I think he’s going to Boston, that’s what it sounds like."
The Blue Jays may still be further ahead in talks at the moment. The Boston Herald believes that the Red Sox will try to add both Glaus and Kevin Millwood and that the team isn't presently involved in the Miguel Tejada-Mark Prior talks between the Cubs and Orioles"

hmmmmmm interesting

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might make you laugh.

Free agent Shawn Estes is seeking Scott Elarton money ($8 million over two years) from the Rockies, Padres or Rangers.
Why not? His ERA isn't that much over 5.00 for the last four years. The Diamondbacks didn't offer Estes arbitration, so they're no longer a possibility. Dec. 23 - 5:11 am et
Source: Denver Post

Rioss

Reaction score
Espo said:
Espn Insider Says:
Troy Glaus
Diamondbacks

Blue Jays?

Glaus to Blue Jays?
D-Backs get:Orlando Hudson Braond League Miguel Batsita Blue Jays get:Tory Glaus and PTBNL PTBNL is Koyie Hill?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think if we trade him to Toronto we should ask for Chacin and Towers and we will throw Hill in with Glaus and maybe Gosling. P.S. What happened to Gosling is he even w/ the organization anymore?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well you can count out Toronto, Glaus has a no trade clause and they are on that no trade list.

I am hoping for Arroyo and Lester to add to our rotation this year with Webb and Halsey and Ortiz (unfortunately, hopefully Vargas beats him out). Next year we need to sign both Zito and Garland since they will be the top two pitchers available. I think that would be a fair trade especially when the Sox will bring up Papelpon and are looking to sign Millwood.

As far as Baltimore, why is everyone on Bedard's jock? He is smallish for a pitcher, has a career ERA over 4.00 and is 12-18 in his career so far. Daniel Cabrera is Baltimore's top SP in my opinion.