The official HOF Cards vs. Saints thread...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take Lindley and Bartel before I take McNabb

You really want the guy that Kevin Kolb replaced?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol... no ****. the guy that Kolb... and Rex Grossman... and a rookie in Minny replaced. He's got as much value as a used tampon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McNabb is done. And he does not know it. From everything Ive heard about him over the last 2 years I wouldnt want him in the lockerroom or as the starter.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even if Kolb has more "skill" (which is clearly debatable), he seems to be prone to injury. Skelton needs work. Every game that Kolb starts now is taking away valuable reps that Skelton needs to continue develop...

I haven't had a favorite one way or another - just what's best for the team. I really thought Kolb would show more improvement this year

I'm with you man. That's one reason I was so disappointed in camps so far because I would expect Kolb to just blow Skelton away after learning the system (which is the only excuse I gave him last year). When he couldn't do that I got worried.

I'd like to know something for the people who went to training camp: is this how Skelton looked in camp? Because it didn't sound that way from everything I've read. Skelton may be one of those guys who looks better in games than practice.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather take a has been rather than a never will be. At least they can pretend they are trying.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Koncussed
Or
Limping
Badly

:p

Man I was hoping he could take at least one hit this year. Really glad Skelton is looking poised, we really need him to stay healthy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you base that on? Kolb has NEVER shown that he is the better player.

Skelton is the better QB, whether Kolb is healthy or not. Kolb is a crappy QB, and will always be.

Skelton has potential to be good enough to win games.

More accurate, much more accurate. The thing with Skelton is even the balls he completes are often inaccurate, behind the guy too high etc.

But Kolb just can't stay healthy that's totally obvious now. AS someone else said at this point give the time to Skelton because he needs it, keep Kolb around as a backup in case Skelton goes down or has a bad game.

I sincerely hope Skelton is the man but nothing I've seen from him tells me he's ever going to be accurate enough to be a good NFL QB.

But at this point that's irrelevant, he's the guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round One of Kolb v. Skelton in pre-season games is a KO... from both a health standpoint and playing standpoint.

Let's see what happens next week.

ugh... can't ONE of our WRs have a WR number. Nice to see the long throw to Housler.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Floyd looks huge out there.

Housler, Floyd, Fitz

:( Makes me sad we dont have a QB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More accurate, much more accurate. The thing with Skelton is even the balls he completes are often inaccurate, behind the guy too high etc.

"much more accurate"? I just don't see how folks keep saying this.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its going to really annoy me to see Heap getting PT over Housler. I hope the staff learned their lesson when they stuck with Joey Porter's corpse for too long.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ouch..Massie just got abused

Jeff Otah at RT?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the NFL Massie, man that guy beat him easily. Seemed way too upright blocking him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05