The Official US Soccer thread

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Jordan Morris, Jerome Kiesewetter, Matt Miazga, Cameron Carter-Vickers could be the real deal and will press for spots (much needed) on the senior squad. Gedion Zelalem and Zack Steffen looked to be more hype than substance, in this match.

cardfaninfl

Reaction score
6-1 victory over Cuba. Morris, Kiesewetter, Miazga, Carter-Vickers and Gil are the names you keep hearing and reading about. There is a very good reason for that.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
6-1 victory over Cuba. Morris, Kiesewetter, Miazga, Carter-Vickers and Gil are the names you keep hearing and reading about. There is a very good reason for that.

I haven't been able to watch either match but is good to see the success. I have been a big fan of Gil since he was with the U17's, he is growing in MLS and it is good to hear he is playing well so far.

Morris just has come out of nowhere, Stanford soph invited to USMNT camps, scores against Mexico...still playing college. We need more of those type of stories.

cardfaninfl

Reaction score
4-0 against Panama. 1st half was Nil-Nil with some good possession in the midfield and the back line looked solid. Luis Gil commanded the play. 2nd half subs Morris and Kiesewetter changed the match. Jerome's pace, play-making, aggression, and distribution are a perfect compliment to Jordan's finishing ability.

Jordan Morris has speed, smarts, strength, and a great shot. What he is missing is stamina. Jordan always looks gassed after 30 minutes. Morris is clearly superior in talent to others at this level, but he would only be a late substitution/project for a year or two with a club team.

Defensively, the squad looked more confident and played smart. This could be just the outcome of players getting use to each other. If Ethan Horvath is in goal on Saturday, it will be due to improved cohesion shown tonight.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I actually got to watch last nights match. Good showing by the youth especially considering they did not run out their first choice 11 to start.

It will be interesting IF we qualify for the Olympics if Green, Yedlin and Brooks are called in as they will all be age eligible and I will be curious to see who the over age players will be--it is normally a GK (Hamid maybe?).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So the U23's play Honduras tomorrow afternoon with a guaranteed Olympic berth on the line and the MNT plays Mexico later that evening with a berth to the 2017 Confed Cup at stake.

Hopefully we get 2 victories.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So the U23's play Honduras tomorrow afternoon with a guaranteed Olympic berth on the line and the MNT plays Mexico later that evening with a berth to the 2017 Confed Cup at stake.

Hopefully we get 2 victories.

yes big day. gotta qualify for the Olympics with all the young players we have moving forward. also the confed cup is big can't let mexico gain momentum on us.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Crap. That was a terrible game by the U23's, not only did they have a poor game they lost their cool with about 15 minutes to go. Awful.

cardfaninfl

Reaction score
Everything about that match was a disappointment. The end just showed their heads were not in the match, but stuck somewhere else.

USMNT Starting XI for USAvMEX:
Guzan
Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Beasley
Jones, Beckerman, Bradley (C), Zardes
Dempsey, Altidore

Well... hooray experience.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Everything about that match was a disappointment. The end just showed their heads were not in the match, but stuck somewhere else.

USMNT Starting XI for USAvMEX:
Guzan
Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Beasley
Jones, Beckerman, Bradley (C), Zardes
Dempsey, Altidore

Well... hooray experience.

Not much change in center defense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Beasley is playing well. Need more from jozy and Dempsey. They seemingly never pair well almost always have to drop Dempsey to get them going.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The better team easily won. This game looked a lot like Belgium. With One team attacking. The USA deserved to lose. Dempsey and altidore are nothing together. the few times they get the ball they do nothing with it.

cardfaninfl

Reaction score
Cue the 'Fire Jurgen' talk, and well deserved. All of the chances, all of the possession, all of the attacks were directed to the Beasley/Jones side. And all of the subs were to replace the opposite side. Made no sense when the problem was clear and persistent from the start.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What a joke! Terrible day for US Soccer. Beckerman went 120 minutes!? Are you kidding me coach? Couldn't sub him out for Danny Williams at some point?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Better team won today. We aren't good enough at any way shape or form to win these type of games.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a joke! Terrible day for US Soccer. Beckerman went 120 minutes!? Are you kidding me coach? Couldn't sub him out for Danny Williams at some point?

I think there were a lot of questions. I'd question the whole selection. Beasley and the back four. Beasler is not good enough. Why is wondo being picked. Black eye for soccer today. M

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really believe that all of the top talent coming back to MLS has really set us back.

Time to go young IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake