The Official US Soccer thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it was mentioned above that Brooks returned home due to injury, but where were the other guys. I know jones has been injured was Bradley suspended?
I thought Bradley is hurt.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bradley and Orozco were suspended and are available for the game against T&T.

Injured Jones should have never been named to the roster to begin with, not when Danny Williams and Perry Kitchen are available, fit and getting playing time in Europe.

Christian Pulisic is pretty exciting, isn't he? Hard not to buy in to the hype.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bradley and Orozco were suspended and are available for the game against T&T.

Injured Jones should have never been named to the roster to begin with, not when Danny Williams and Perry Kitchen are available, fit and getting playing time in Europe.

Christian Pulisic is pretty exciting, isn't he? Hard not to buy in to the hype.
ok I was not sure because I heard some guys were suspended others were injured. I actually read somewhere that kitchen was injured. it is hard to get good info on these guys in the media. It seems like there are a handful of guys that JK will give roster spots no matter what. hopefully pulisic has earned some trust with his play. hopefully he will get some playing time at Dortmund. and yes it is hard not to buy in. if he is ready let him play. he's not the only young guy that we need to step in. I'd like to see more of them and stop trying to label a guy the next big thing. It takes a full team.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct that goal differential is the first tie breaker, so the US is essentially but not officially in. Really should get a result at home against T&T anyhow.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So it looks like there will be a different lineup. Yedlin returned to Newcastle and Bradley will start...interested to see who he pairs with. Johnson may move to right back with Acosta in the left. we will see if pulisic starts probably coming off the bench.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As a Newcastle fan, I am A-okay with Yedlin going home. Advancing is secured, so I'd rather he didn't get injured. I'd still love to see a good result in this game, though.

Stout

Reaction score
Crank up the Pulisic hype engine

The kid was amazing. He has a bright future.

I saw the lineup before the game and didn't hate it--I mostly liked it, but scratched my head over the Kljestan (sp?) selection. Well, it was a brilliant move. This guy, at least for the moment, has come to life on an international level. No, I don't want him starting going forward, but he's earned a spot in the squad.

Anyway, we started slow but really turned in a solid performance for a smashing win. Bring on the hex!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
As a Newcastle fan, I am A-okay with Yedlin going home. Advancing is secured, so I'd rather he didn't get injured. I'd still love to see a good result in this game, though.
well it worked out for both club and country then. the german players have a had a rough go balancing their national duty and club expectations.

as far as your other post I agree about sasha. he sort of played some where Dempsey would be now both facilitator and goal scorer. and today his distro was good. as long as jozy is healthy and wood is here clint should not be pushing to the front as much nor should he play as many minutes. I would not put him and jozy together for long stretches either. sasha makes sense moving forward even if just a bench player because he has an attacking mentality. We need players that want to confront and attack not ball watch. there is not room for Bradley and Beckerman IMO. and I hope we saw the last camp with wondo involved.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Crank up the Pulisic hype engine
indeed...good news is he along with jozy was the most dangerous man on the pitch in a game vs T&T. the bad news it was a game vs T&T. skeptics will still want to see this vs. mexico and tougher opponents. I think his time will come sooner than later.

I also want to see jozy do this vs. mexico. he needs to be more consistent with the national team but I think his legs/fitness are mostly to blame. he looked like a runner today. he is naturally strong no need to body build. when he runs he is tough to handle because he is going to win most physical battles. I think he is better off pairing with wood than Dempsey, but the pairing with wood needs some polishing for sure.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So Megan rapinoe knelt during the national anthem during a team USA game. It also happened to be O'reily's last game. Glad O'reily is getting the attention she deserves.

Stout

Reaction score
This one I have a problem with. If you're willing to represent the UNITED STATES, you will respect the national anthem. She should be dropped from the team and suspended indefinitely. It is a massive slap in the face to the country at large that you're willing to represent the COUNTRY but protest during the ANTHEM.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I agree. I love megan rapinoe. she is actually my favorite UWMNT player. there are many other countries in the world where women are oppressed and do not have the basic freedom that women in the USA enjoy. she has enjoyed great success because of the opportunities afforded to her in the USA and in particular with the national team. It just does not equate to me that she feels oppressed to the point that she does not stand for the anthem that has given her so much. but that is her right as a citizen...

Stout

Reaction score
What's to be determined is whether it's her right as a USWNT soccer player. If the federation decides, they can easily and legally kick her off the team for it. If she won't desist, I'd do it, too.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ha yeah I never thought I would see that from Landon. And it was classic Landon goal. I wonder if he is on JKs watch list hahaha...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What's to be determined is whether it's her right as a USWNT soccer player. If the federation decides, they can easily and legally kick her off the team for it. If she won't desist, I'd do it, too.
I just don't get why she would do it on the national team on a day one of your top mates is playing their send off game. It just says "hey look at me" more than it helps her cause. I think it would have been a great nod to say i stood for heather today. More people (who do not agree that there is a problem) would have been willing to listen to her now that she has everyone's attention. Its unfortunate because if you look at any WMNT forum it's littered with anti Megan rapinoe rather than any real discussion on any topic beit women soccer or something else.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blessing in disguise. We want our younger players in there anyway. Wood/Pulisic deserve playing time over Dempsey.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This one I have a problem with. If you're willing to represent the UNITED STATES, you will respect the national anthem. She should be dropped from the team and suspended indefinitely. It is a massive slap in the face to the country at large that you're willing to represent the COUNTRY but protest during the ANTHEM.
I don't see how. You can love your country without loving everything about it. If I represented the UK I wouldn't sing or stand for the anthem. I dislike the monarchy and god. I wouldn't be a part of some song for them.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't see how. You can love your country without loving everything about it. If I represented the UK I wouldn't sing or stand for the anthem. I dislike the monarchy and god. I wouldn't be a part of some song for them.

Then, were I in charge of the UK national team, you wouldn't be on it. Protesting in the NFL or other leagues is one thing; disrespecting the national anthem while playing for that team is quite another.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake