OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Would have looked better with the crest not being monochromatic I think.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I kind of like those, but still not our color on the sleeves. I don't mind the red it is different. and I like the dark blue shirts when they wore those against England in South Africa 2010.

Interested to see the camp for the next wave of WCQ's. I think some of JK's mainstays will be left off. Jordan Morris and Bobby Wood need to be the strikers for me. am I leaving someone off?

there is a lot of talent on the team. Yedlin is clearly the best winger on the right with Fabian Johnson on the left. they both need to be paired with someone like pulisic who has pace and can run at people. and put a strong playmaker in front of Bradley's position that he has locked down(sigh). I don't know who that is frankly there is a log jam of MEH...eventually that could be pulisic if no one else takes it.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I greatly disagree about Jordan Morris. I know he scored the goal in the last game, but he was LAZY for most of that game. And, for a young kid trying to make an impression, lazy isn't a word I want associated with a player. He wasn't at all busting his butt to get to balls, and even let two balls run all the way to the end line without even TRYING to give chase--and I think he had a chance to get to both of them. Until he scored, I was really giving him the business (or, well, giving the TV the business lol). So Morris hasn't earned it over Altidore.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I missed the last game. That's not good for Morris. I've kind of been going off the media that seems to have anointed him.

That's one reason why I like wood is that he goes after it.

Stout

Reaction score
I missed the last game. That's not good for Morris. I've kind of been going off the media that seems to have anointed him.

That's one reason why I like wood is that he goes after it.

Seriously! They never even mentioned it. I mean, there goes a nice ball in the channel for him to chase down. Maybe he won't get to it, but he might just get to it, and then who knows? Pulling up fifty yards away when you're a young striker is just TERRIBLE. To do it multiple times, and to play a lazy game elsewise, is inexcusable to me.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah so the last few articles I've read have been praising him too much then. But I guess I should be used to that with ussooccer. They've come a long way with critics in management but maybe not holding players accountable.

Stout

Reaction score
Wow, I just uncovered an incredible fact. Researching the history of the world cup, I came up with the team that won the first EVER WC game (okay, one of them--the first two games were played simultaneously). Any guesses? No cheating either!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Aw, did the US Soccer thread posting give it away? You are correct, sir!
Actually I just guessed because of the thread being USA and figured it would be a team that was a weird stat....

Stout

Reaction score
Bad news, US fans. Yedlin has a slight thigh problem/tear (though how can a tear be minor?). Out two weeks for now, but even if it's only two weeks, that ain't good news.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Bad news, US fans. Yedlin has a slight thigh problem/tear (though how can a tear be minor?). Out two weeks for now, but even if it's only two weeks, that ain't good news.
Bad timing for USA and for him as well. He was in good form

Lorenzo

Reaction score
My dream lineup For the next batch of qualifiers:

Wood Altidore
Pulisic
Johnson Acosta Bedoya

? Brooks Cameron yedlin
Rimando

I doubt Acosta will supersede Bradley now but he should by 2018. There are just so many alternative options now that Bradley is older. Danny Williams perry kitchen and others playing in Europe. You could consider jones in that spot but he probably would frustrate us all just the same. Cameron could play that spot as well but he pairs best with brooks. There's actually a highly Touted Israeli American playing at (belgium)gent the team that displaced spurs from Europa. And no one is talking about him.

Even at 18 pulisic is far more potent than Klejstan feilhasbeen or anyone else at attacking midfield establishment in MLS.

I really hope that arena does not go with blind loyalty with his MLS and prior USA background. Undue Loyalty to certain players has been the undoing of every American manager if you ask me. I thought JK would be different at first with how he took a stand with Landon but he was so back and forth.

Arena actually has made the point in the press to slotting Fabian Johnson in the midfield which for me is one of the largest failures of JK not developing a legit left back and wasting Johnson out of position.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So I like arenas squad with the exception of Demarcus Beasley unless he is a player coach at this point. He has to figure out left back. It's a shame that yedlin is out he really has made strides moreso than any any USA player other than pulisic and wood. For me jones Dempsey and Bradley need to be phased ouT. But there are not any proven options that are better so I guess they get the nod.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yedlin out for at least ANOTHER five weeks. Oof.

Eesh.

That could hurt with these WCQ in the next two weeks. Interesting to see Dempsey get the call up as well. Maybe a late substitution option.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The loss of yedlin really stinks. But I think down the line the roster will be a lot more dangerous from a pace and quality standpoint with yedlin in that mix as a legit defender that can attack. Just need to produce his counterpart on the left.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Omg the guy that could not make a tap in goal to beat Belgium in the World Cup just got called up. (Cannot believe that was even possible) We are in a bad way.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Wondo? Seriously? He'd better not make the game day roster, let alone see playing time. At least Beckerman didn't make camp.
True. I honestly don't see much of a difference between arena and JK based on call ups to this WCQ cycle. Hopefully it's just because of injury and those new adds do not see the pitch unless something crazy happens. But still yet it's the same ole guys. Maybe he plays a younger guy that JK would not. I'm seriously worried about this roster.

It's hard to believe that JK left yedlin on the bench for Mexico. Yedlin has grown a lot since then under Rafa.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. I honestly don't see much of a difference between arena and JK based on call ups to this WCQ cycle. Hopefully it's just because of injury and those new adds do not see the pitch unless something crazy happens. But still yet it's the same ole guys. Maybe he plays a younger guy that JK would not. I'm seriously worried about this roster.

It's hard to believe that JK left yedlin on the bench for Mexico. Yedlin has grown a lot since then under Rafa.

It will be interesting to see how he views European talent. Without Klinsmann, we wouldn't have had our best player by some distance in Pulisic. Let's see if he can find more diamonds in the rough.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how he views European talent. Without Klinsmann, we wouldn't have had our best player by some distance in Pulisic. Let's see if he can find more diamonds in the rough.

I think it is pretty embarassing to contact kids that are still in school and never set foot in America because they have American ancestrary and despite playing in other countries youth teams.

And then luring them with way pre-mature senior national team call-ups but dropping them as soon as there is no need to lock them up anymore because as everyone had already known they are not ready.

Julian Green eg, latest example Tillman.

Stout

Reaction score
I think it is pretty embarassing to contact kids that are still in school and never set foot in America because they have American ancestrary and despite playing in other countries youth teams.

And then luring them with way pre-mature senior national team call-ups but dropping them as soon as there is no need to lock them up anymore because as everyone had already known they are not ready.

Julian Green eg, latest example Tillman.

Blah blah blah.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
My take on that rubbish is that those kids wanted to play for the USA. Did they want to play for Germany? No they did not. Did Germany want them? No they did not. Who cares....I'm sure Germany is flawless in developing football talent. They would never do wrong by any child....