The Official US Soccer thread

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice to see that they got the win with plenty of chances to score goals. The talent is there with this team. How did they line up? Interesting that wood was on the bench. Who should be starting wood or Dempsey? The good thing is they are all servicing one another.
Wood. Dempsey didn't look too hot yesterday.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who cares if Dempsey is pissed. Suck it up, buttercup. You're old and were playing like crap. If you can't cut it, you won't play. Let's see, do I care more about your goal record or qualifying for the World Cup? Hmm...

I mean, I'd like for him to break the record, but not at the expense of the WC.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Absolutely. And I am a Dempsey supporter but he is somewhat selfish to say the least. No senior citizen discounts shall be given in football. Either you are producing or you are not. We no longer need Dempsey to simply poach. Bring your full skill to the match or sit down.

Aside from that minutes need to be managed carefully with the short turnaround with Mexico.

With wood rested I start him and if he has the right mindset bring deuce off the bench. Deuce and altidore are both alike and may be the best set piece players they have. Both need to continue to service other players aside from themselves if they are to remain.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
United States starting lineup
Brad Guzan; Omar Gonzalez, Geoff Cameron, Tim Ream; Deandre Yedlin, Kellyn Acosta, Michael Bradley, DaMarcus Beasley; Paul Arriola, Bobby Wood, Christian Pulisic

USMNT manager Bruce Arena mentioned rotating players and he stood by that in a big way. Perhaps the biggest surprise is the change in goal, with Tim Howard out and Guzan in. Having just played on June 8 and having to travel to Mexico City, the United States lines up with a significantly different starting XI than the one that faced Trinidad & Tobago.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/gal...ineups-usmnt-2018-world-cup-qualifying-061117

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I understand it but Don't care for all of Bruce arenas lineup changes especially in goal. There is a major difference between Howard and Guzan for me. especially in distribution and defending set pieces.

Beasley for me should not be on the roster.

I'm interested to see who will come on. Johnson didn't play a full 90 last game. Obviously Dempsey and altidore as well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't mind the formation with wood playing the 9 if they drop back. That's what he is good at. This will be my first look at Acosta. I do like that arena is playing guys to their strength.

Last edited:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow I thought the crowd noise was drowning out Jenny Taft microphone, seems like they forgot to turn it on.:mrgreen:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Beasley one on one doesn't make sense for him to be out there. But a tough break there. Could of been 2-0.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
USA can attack them. Just poor defending by Beasley he's too light.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Should of been a free kick for the US Mexican player hurt himself on a poor tackle on wood.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Crime for USA to be the first to be booked for a cheap foul at that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
USA played a great first half. Mexico had more of the ball but they really pressed them. Unlucky not to be a man up and up a goal.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
2nd half was all Mexico on the ball. They had the brilliant strike by Herrera which was their only real chance. Bradley would have been a saint if he hit that last shot. Good lord. I thought Pulisic was going to score. The defender blocked his angle at the last second.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake