The Official US Soccer thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-lose-faith-in-klinsmann's-leadership?cc=5901

So now players are complaining about Klinsmann--looks like an effort to oust him from coaching the national team. My issue about this is where the hell do ANY of our players get the cajones to call out the coach? Right now, most of the young players look like they don't belong on a national team, let alone start complaining that the coaching is making them look bad.

We are just simply terrible. We'll be lucky to make the World Cup at this rate. And we can blame Klinsmann all we want, but a majority of the blame should be placed at the feet of our prima donna sucky players.

I think Zeno does a pretty good job of outlining the problems with Klinsmann. Some of his decisions are outright stupid. We have a major illness/injury crisis, especially in the defense, and he drops our captain Bocanegra from the next two games. I don't care what his form is overseas, he is at least needed for leadership on the roster right frickin' now!

I don't know if I have ever had less confidence in the US National team than I do right now.

From JK's puzzling choices to the lack of team chemistry to the utter lack of effort on the field--the team looks like garbage more often than not...not that I really want it to happen but maybe not qualifying for the WC would be the wake up call our federation needs.

Bingo.

You know, I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that the U.S. won't make the next WC.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One win and we will forget all of this.

In the mean time..... His decisions have been puzzling to say the least.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk II

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Klinsmann supporter right now, although I supported his hiring 100%. However, removing Klinsmann isn't going to make the US National Team any better right now. We need more than just better coaching, we need better players. Klinsmann's tendency to bring in green recruits has to be over now.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Klinsmann supporter right now, although I supported his hiring 100%. However, removing Klinsmann isn't going to make the US National Team any better right now. We need more than just better coaching, we need better players. Klinsmann's tendency to bring in green recruits has to be over now.

I am pretty much with you here...the one suggestion I liked most from the Sporting News article was the suggestion he bring in a person qualified to be his tactics guy and not Vasquez (who the article says is a "yes man").

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Exactly!

Stout

Reaction score

I agree with all of this. It's a tough time for our team right now, kind of like being in purgatory.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The US would still have to perform really, completely, tremendously, horrifically poor in order to not qualify. Top three make it in, and number four gets a winnable series against (presumably) New Zealand.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What a horrible game to watch. US Soccer embarrasses themselves again.

I hope we can hold on to this lead. Costa Rica seems like they are holding their own.

Stout

Reaction score
Who scheduled the game in Colorado? Dumb.

It's a week from April. And I'm perfectly fine with the weather--the definition of home field advantage. The Costa Ricans must have been looking around saying 'WTF?'

What a horrible game to watch. US Soccer embarrasses themselves again.

I hope we can hold on to this lead. Costa Rica seems like they are holding their own.

I think you are completely off base. No embarrassment here. We had a great time watching the game--in fact, I wish I would have been there. I think we went too defensive after having taken the lead, sure, but we got the points, and that's all that matters.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a week from April. And I'm perfectly fine with the weather--the definition of home field advantage. The Costa Ricans must have been looking around saying 'WTF?'

I think you are completely off base. No embarrassment here. We had a great time watching the game--in fact, I wish I would have been there. I think we went too defensive after having taken the lead, sure, but we got the points, and that's all that matters.

Yep. As if it was the first match ever played in snow. Good job usmnt

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I get home field advantage..... It was like watching basketball in a rainstorm. Or Football with no gravity. It wasn't soccer...... It was ugly.

If Guzan has a ball slip in front of him in that stuff and get past him, we would all be screaming bloody murder about it.

But whatever..... We got the 3 points.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT: have you guys seen the documentary The Two Escobars, about Columbian football and the Cartels? Amazing. Can't watch footy without thinking of it. USMNT is in it for a few seconds. :spoiler: :)

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get home field advantage..... It was like watching basketball in a rainstorm. Or Football with no gravity. It wasn't soccer...... It was ugly.

If Guzan has a ball slip in front of him in that stuff and get past him, we would all be screaming bloody murder about it.

But whatever..... We got the 3 points.

It wasn't a good game, but man it was a good time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
As far as the snow game I have no problem with that. I don't think the USMNT scheduled Denver with Snow in mind. I think they did for the altitude(and the fans) like Klinsy said. they also knew that it could have been cold that time of the year so they were ok with it. I think that game in that location, that time of year, can do wonders to help them prep for Mexico City. When is the last time you can say that the MNT played a game a week before the Azteca in worse conditions at altitude? this cool night game at the azteca will be much better than the freezing snow with no visibility.

To back this I say look at Columbus. The reason they usually play there is location. There aren't as many mexican fans in this region of the united states. In those times the USA gets the early spring game against mexico in the USA and the ohio weather also is an advantage for the americans. if they were playing mexico in columbus now it would be very cold, snowy, and wet. that same storm that hit denver slammed about 6 inches of snow in Columbus over the last two days.

as far as costa rica, just look at the game. in the opening 20-30 mins the USA played their best portion of the game. The tide turned as the snow got worse and costa rica had their best chances of the equalizer in the worst conditions. I think the game leveled out once the snow went on. Obviously the USA wanted to finish with the lead and the game changed with costa rica deperate to push forward and the USA concentrating more on not making a mistake rather than trying to score.

Last edited:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mexico just didn't have the creativity to get through the bus that Klinsmann parked.

We were never in real danger of losing the match though. Enjoy the historic point.

Stout

Reaction score
Mexico just didn't have the creativity to get through the bus that Klinsmann parked.

We were never in real danger of losing the match though. Enjoy the historic point.

We'll enjoy the point, yes.

+1

After 3 games, I think we would be happy to have 4 points especially with 2 road games.

+2

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake