The Official US Soccer thread

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2013/03/donovan-returns-galaxy-ready-contribute-club-and-country

WASHINGTON – Landon Donovan missed the entirety of the LA Galaxy’s preseason as well as the first month of games while on a self-imposed break from the game of soccer, but now the club’s all-time leading goal scorer feels fresh and ready to contribute for his club and his country.

“I definitely needed a break, I was fortunate to have a lot of people both personally and professionally that also understood that,” Donovan told reporters in his first media availability since 2012 following the Galaxy’s training session at Georgetown on Thursday. “Now I’m excited to be back and to move forward and enjoy playing.”

As for his goal of once again playing for the U.S. National Team, Donovan understands that his performance with the Galaxy will determine his future. Throughout his absence, Donovan said that U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann was “very, very respectful” with him, although he admits that “no coach wants to hear what I had to say or what I did over the last three months.”

However with the lines of communication between him and U.S. Soccer firmly open, Donovan has set a goal of returning for the U.S. team’s three World Cup qualifiers in June, but he knows that it is only with a strong showing with the Galaxy that he will earn his way back.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Great news...this team needs Lando, and I think he needs the US team too.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edu, Shea, and Bradley out for tomorrow's Belgium game (first two with injuries, Bradley due to schedule). Klejstan starting, and we'll be treated to Brad Evans and Brad Davis over the clearly undeserving Landon Donovan. Beasley likely to reach the 100 cap mark.

For tomorrow:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire)

DEFENDERS (6): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/05/withdraw-dallas-treatment.html#more-37994

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Edu, Shea, and Bradley out for tomorrow's Belgium game (first two with injuries, Bradley due to schedule). Klejstan starting, and we'll be treated to Brad Evans and Brad Davis over the clearly undeserving Landon Donovan. Beasley likely to reach the 100 cap mark.

For tomorrow:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire)

DEFENDERS (6): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (Augsburg)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/05/withdraw-dallas-treatment.html#more-37994

So dumb. JK is really sending a message.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One he'd better hope doesn't backfire when the games count 10 days from now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Glad to see Holden out there running around.

Belgium in a top 10 national team IMO. Love what they have to offer and really hope they make the World Cup. Remember.... Their best player didn't play tonight so this was a real drubbing IMO.

I am glad we are getting pushed real hard before our Hex games. Very smart to play the top teams in the world each summer.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score

Belgium in a top 10 national team IMO. Love what they have to offer and really hope they make the World Cup. Remember.... Their best player didn't play tonight so this was a real drubbing IMO.

I am glad we are getting pushed real hard before our Hex games. Very smart to play the top teams in the world each summer.

Their best player was in goal ;)

Looks like the Mig was pretty much untested from the report I have just read though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Their best player was in goal ;)

Looks like the Mig was pretty much untested from the report I have just read though.

Isn't Courtois their #1? He didn't play either.

That team looks real good IMO. Not Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina good. But #9 or 10 with high potential seems very fair to me.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk II

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Belgium in a top 10 national team IMO.

I'm with you. I think Belgium is a top 10 team. They do not have any major flaws. I keep saying it time and time again, our midfield is our problem. They were horrible on their side of the pitch.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No European team is top 10 except for Germany, who should be #1 by a huge margin. Don't you get it???

I think we're all supposed to be grateful that the Germans let us play soccer to begin with.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jozy played possessed today. Beautiful assist. Love the scheme, but US defenders aren't there yet to play so spread out. They put Howard in peril all day.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jozy played possessed today. Beautiful assist. Love the scheme, but US defenders aren't there yet to play so spread out. They put Howard in peril all day.

Jozy's best game in 2 years. He gave the German defenders fits all game long.

So frustrated with our defense right now. They are making silly mistakes time and time again that lead to goals.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake