The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I’m getting this crazy feeling Kyler might be back in week 5.
I’m probably nuts but if it happens I can say you heard it here first:) lol!
I think we have heard that many times. Problem is , no one knows for sure.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
We are 2-0 with Kyler. I truly believe that.

Easily, The mood on this board would be far different right now if he were playing. We would be the surprise 2-0 team to start the season.

However, I will give Dobbs credit. Guy has been on the team for a few weeks and has performed admirably under the circumstances. His ceiling is just much lower than Kyler obviously.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think the Cards would be 2-0 with Kyler at QB. I'd say more likely they'd be 1-1. I think they would have won against Washington with Kyler, but not yesterday. The offense couldn't have performed any better in the first half yesterday with Kyler because they were almost flawless, and I don't think Kyler could have overcome the offense's fourth quarter letdown. The offensive problems in the fourth quarter were penalties, complete lack of a running game, receivers that didn't get open, and questionable play calling. Also, Kyler doesn't play defense. I just don't think he would have made a difference yesterday. A team loss.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Cards would be 2-0 with Kyler at QB. I'd say more likely they'd be 1-1. I think they would have won against Washington with Kyler, but not yesterday. The offense couldn't have performed any better in the first half yesterday with Kyler because they were almost flawless, and I don't think Kyler could have overcome the offense's fourth quarter letdown. The offensive problems in the fourth quarter were penalties, complete lack of a running game, receivers that didn't get open, and questionable play calling. Also, Kyler doesn't play defense. I just don't think he would have made a difference yesterday. A team loss.
I don't think you can plug him in to what already happened without him being there. When people say, "If we had player X, we'd have won." they say it because things would have happened differently, not the same. Kyler might have connected with Ertz early on and we wouldn't have had to settle for missing a FG, for example. The halftime lead may have been even larger, and the Giants wouldn't have been able to overcome it. Lots of variables would have been different.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's a silly argument, because we just don't know. Both sides can make valid points, because we believe what we want to believe. JMO.
99% of the 'arguments' on here are silly. With that said, there is little us die hard fans can do but speculate.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's a little strange we haven't seen any videos of progress/updates on that end...there were some in the beginning but basically radio silence since...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a little strange we haven't seen any videos of progress/updates on that end...there were some in the beginning but basically radio silence since...
The less they talk about it, the less they have to talk about it? Maybe Wolf's comment about complications are true, but the organization doesn't want to admit it publicly?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It just seemed like we were getting updates and status reports, and now the drips have stopped.
Smells fishy.
We didn't really. There was an instagram post of Kyler on the beach with Hollywood. Then there was the Flight Plan video. Now there's PUP.

There's nothing that can happen with Kyler for at least two more weeks. My guess is that he comes off PUP after the San Francisco game, we see him suited up in practice, Coach says he's coming along...

... and we don't see him until Week 8 or 10 .

Bold prediction: We see Clayton Tune starting games before we see Kyler Murray doing so.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bold prediction: We see Clayton Tune starting games before we see Kyler Murray doing so.
Didn't you claim like 10 days ago that we would never see Tune starting games for us?