The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We didn't really. There was an instagram post of Kyler on the beach with Hollywood. Then there was the Flight Plan video. Now there's PUP.

There's nothing that can happen with Kyler for at least two more weeks. My guess is that he comes off PUP after the San Francisco game, we see him suited up in practice, Coach says he's coming along...

... and we don't see him until Week 8 or 10 .

Bold prediction: We see Clayton Tune starting games before we see Kyler Murray doing so.
You're ignoring the video of Kyler on the bike and rehabbing earlier on? I'd imagine if he were anywhere close to returning or making serious progress we'd have heard about it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You're ignoring the video of Kyler on the bike and rehabbing earlier on? I'd imagine if he were anywhere close to returning or making serious progress we'd have heard about it.
Ooh... Kyler on a bike!

He's prohibited from doing anything with the team for at least two more weeks. What have you seen from this front office and coaching staff that suggests they're open about injury status one way or another?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're ignoring the video of Kyler on the bike and rehabbing earlier on?
Everyone in rehab gets on a bike. Didn’t understand his bike work getting people excited back then about an early comeback.
I'd imagine if he were anywhere close to returning or making serious progress we'd have heard about it.
We definitely would be hearing about it.

Stand by my prediction… weeks 8-10 is around when he comes back.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ooh... Kyler on a bike!

He's prohibited from doing anything with the team for at least two more weeks. What have you seen from this front office and coaching staff that suggests they're open about injury status one way or another?
Again - I'm saying the lack of videos or updates are a surer sign that he's NOT coming back anytime soon. Wish I were wrong.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I doubt the team would be advertising when he is potentially coming back. They may not know ATM anyway.

Dobbs performance yesterday was improvement enough over Week 1 though that he will likely be the starter until Kyler can play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again - I'm saying the lack of videos or updates are a surer sign that he's NOT coming back anytime soon. Wish I were wrong.
I’ll be honest, knowing that Kyler usually takes a while to come back from any injury and the fact that the team pretty much punted on the off-season, I was surprised how bullish you were thinking Kyler would come back early in the year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, knowing that Kyler usually takes a while to come back from any injury and the fact that the team pretty much punted on the off-season, I was surprised how bullish you were thinking Kyler would come back early in the year.
We're all stupidly optimistic at times about this team otherwise we wouldn't be here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I doubt the team would be advertising when he is potentially coming back. They may not know ATM anyway.

Dobbs performance yesterday was improvement enough over Week 1 though that he will likely be the starter until Kyler can play.

I think people are really underestimating how much Kyler has to do to just get on the field. It's not just healing. He hasn't thrown a pass in anger to Michael Wilson, Zach Pascal, or Geoff Swain. He hasn't taken a snap from under center in a very long time.

We know that the specific mechanics of taking the snap, leaving the pocket, etc. are extremely important to Petzing. Maybe it's less important when you're dealing with Kyler Murray and not finding a reason to dump Colt McCoy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are really underestimating how much Kyler has to do to just get on the field. It's not just healing. He hasn't thrown a pass in anger to Michael Wilson, Zach Pascal, or Geoff Swain. He hasn't taken a snap from under center in a very long time.

We know that the specific mechanics of taking the snap, leaving the pocket, etc. are extremely important to Petzing. Maybe it's less important when you're dealing with Kyler Murray and not finding a reason to dump Colt McCoy.
Yup.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Very true. But hey, Dobbs with far less skills was our Day 1 starter with very little preparation and has shown periods of surprising competence running the offense. Surely we should expect our franchise QB to do better?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Very true. But hey, Dobbs with far less skills was our Day 1 starter with very little preparation and has shown periods of surprising competence running the offense. Surely we should expect our franchise QB to do better?
Dobbs has played all offseason including taking under-center snaps with different franchises.

Yeah, he’s had to get to know these guys, but the talent on the offense is likely to erode before Kyler comes back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Realistic? Your entire post is based on speculation.
First hand experiential speculation.

I had to have my knee reconstructed. My father (the ortho) only wanted one surgeon doing it. He was able to get me on the cutting table a month earlier than would have been the case had I been some ordinary DCR (I keed, I keed). I guarantee you a star gets even better treatment than another doc’s kid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everyone has gotten some fringe benefit at some point in their life, celebrities obviously more than the rest of us.

To assume that celebrities ALWAYS get special treatment is just as naive.
This isn’t just a celebrity getting a fringe benefit. This is a high profile athlete and a surgeon. This is exactly the type of patients the high end surgeons cater to. It makes their business. To believe anything other is naive.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This isn’t just a celebrity getting a fringe benefit. This is a high profile athlete and a surgeon. This is exactly the type of patients the high end surgeons cater to. It makes their business. To believe anything other is naive.
The ultra rich and famous - they're nothing like us, and get perks we can't even imagine.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Dobbs has played all offseason including taking under-center snaps with different franchises.

Yeah, he’s had to get to know these guys, but the talent on the offense is likely to erode before Kyler comes back.

Then Kyler likely won't be our QB next year and we draft a QB with the high pick. Since how he does upon returning will likely determine what the organization does next off-season.

I'm sure they don't expect him to be awesome the first game he returns. If he isn't playing much better than Dobbs though after a couple weeks, I don't see him being a Card next year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Then Kyler likely won't be our QB next year and we draft a QB with the high pick. Since how he does upon returning will likely determine what the organization does next off-season.

I'm sure they don't expect him to be awesome the first game he returns. If he isn't playing much better than Dobbs though after a couple weeks, I don't see him being a Card next year.
Players usually need more then a year to get at 100% of their level
Probably playing him this year can decrease his real value

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I obviously believe that celebrities get benefits that the rest of us can't. That wasn't the debate.

The debate was whether celebrities ALWAYS get benefits. They don't. You can use Trump as a classic example.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Folks, he literally had surgery 22 days after injury...Not "several" weeks, or "months", or even a month. 22 days. Also, look at the freaking calendar. It was Xmas time and then New Years. Does an athlete, regardless of how good the doctor is, want to be operated on at Christmas or New Year? It also probably took a week, maybe 2 for the swelling to go down and he may have been able to walk on the knee (with or without aid) until surgery.
Valid points all, but 22 days is literally the meaning of “several weeks.”

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe. I actually think it'll have less to do with his play on the field than in his attitude in practice, his ability to take correction, and how he handles the adversity of another lost season.

There are no sure things in the NFL. If Kyler can check the three boxes noted above to the satisfaction of the coaching staff, I really believe he's a less risky option than Maye or Williams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22