The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Personally I tell Kyler let’s wait till next year.

In the meantime I’ll get you an amazing WR and the best tackle in a tackle rich draft. We’ll draft smart and invest heavily in FA.

We’ll activate you game 13 so you can practice with the team for the remainder of the season.

Look son, we have a poo load of money invested in you and have no intention of moving on as this is your team. We are here to help you reach your full potential.

We really believe Tune will be your backup for years to come so we need to see if he can be that for you.

Sports media will write and talk about your return all offseason. With our draft position and amount of draft capital your team will be a constant discussion leading up to and after the draft.

We got this, trust us and remember the pay is the same:)
I disagreed with this because i don’t want to watch 15 more weeks of Dobbs and Tune, but the best-case scenario is probably Kyler feeling he’s ready to play and work and the Cards having to hold him back.

I forget the timing now, but I think Kyler has to come off PUP between week 5 and 9 and then gets 2-4 weeks to ramp up before either rejoining the active roster or going on IR.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In the meantime I’ll get you an amazing WR and the best tackle in a tackle rich draft. We’ll draft smart and invest heavily in FA.

We’ll activate you game 13 so you can practice with the team for the remainder of the season.

Look son, we have a poo load of money invested in you and have no intention of moving on as this is your team. We are here to help you reach your full potential.

We really believe Tune will be your backup for years to come so we need to see if he can be that for you.

Sports media will write and talk about your return all offseason. With our draft position and amount of draft capital your team will be a constant discussion leading up to and after the draft.

Are you the one that has been giving Kyler advice, up to this year?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Bickley is a weird man.
I won’t believe anything until I see him cut. That’s the last thing. Strength and straight line is great, but the stability he needs is side-to-side.

That they’re not showing anything…?

Must be pretty terrifying for the athlete to make that first hard cut on a rebuilt knee.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

This makes more sense than having him come back and we win enough to blow top 3 picks in every round.

The problem is we wouldn't know which Kyler is the new Kyler (1st half of 2021 or 2nd half of 2021 and 2022).

As you mention, the best case scenario is Kyler becoming a top 5 QB and us not blowing the top draft picks to try and build him (not have to gamble on a rookie QB).

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This makes more sense than having him come back and we win enough to blow top 3 picks in every round.

The problem is we wouldn't know which Kyler is the new Kyler (1st half of 2021 or 2nd half of 2021 and 2022).

As you mention, the best case scenario is Kyler becoming a top 5 QB and us not blowing the top draft picks to try and build him (not have to gamble on a rookie QB).
I figure bring him back to practice with the team will be his audition…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

This won't work. They need to see what they have in Kyler, if his turnaround has worked. On the field, not on the practice field. They need this information to make decisions on the roster at the QB position heading into the offseason. It is crucial. And the hope is they see a lot of good out of Kyler, and we don't have to move on. That would be my preference.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I figure bring him back to practice with the team will be his audition…
If he's practicing, then he's active on the 53...they aren't going to burn a roster spot for him. Once the week 4 game is over, the team gets a 3 week window for Murray to practice and to be fully activated. If they don't activate him, then he goes to IR for the season. I highly doubt a 3 week practice window will be the deciding fate of Murray...he will need to play in some games.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And the hope is they see a lot of good out of Kyler, and we don't have to move on. That would be my preference.
Mine as well, but the risk of bringing him back this year is too great. Keeping him off the field has many benefits. The current makeup of the team says do not put him on the field.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine as well, but the risk of bringing him back this year is too great. Keeping him off the field has many benefits. The current makeup of the team says do not put him on the field.
What is the major risk? Kyler getting an injury guarantee of 80M+ if he gets hurt again? Kyler is going to get that money either way; it isn't really a risk.

We have 2 of the top QB prospects to come out in a decade, with a team that is well poised to be able to draft one if they want. The absolute worst scenario for this team IMO is not knowing that Kyler is your QBoF, AND passing on Williams/Maye.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence was billed as a generational prospect & he has only been very good, not great. He can be this season, but we still gotta see. I’m starting dislike the idea less & less of drafting Caleb/Maye & already bringing them to a very talent-deficient team & probably won’t be actual real contenders until they’re set for a pay-day. Hell I feel Caleb is going to struggle to adapt for his first 2 years.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Our schedule is brutal.

I think even with Kyler back by week 6 our odds of winning more than 4 or 5 games is really small, which should still leave us with a top 5 pick - and it sure looks to me like the Houston pick will be top 5 too.

We should have the ammo to move up if we really feel we need to. Especially if we also have Kyler to trade.

I just want the team to do the best it can, I don't want the coaching staff to give the players even the slightest hint they might want to tank.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence was billed as a generational prospect & he has only been very good, not great. He can be this season, but we still gotta see. I’m starting dislike the idea less & less of drafting Caleb/Maye & already bringing them to a very talent-deficient team & probably won’t be actual real contenders until they’re set for a pay-day. Hell I feel Caleb is going to struggle to adapt for his first 2 years.
I really only count 2023 as Trevor's 2nd season....his 1st year is a complete mulligan, IMO. What he went through is far worse than anything we've seen a long, long, time.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our schedule is brutal.

I think even with Kyler back by week 6 our odds of winning more than 4 or 5 games is really small, which should still leave us with a top 5 pick - and it sure looks to me like the Houston pick will be top 5 too.

We should have the ammo to move up if we really feel we need to. Especially if we also have Kyler to trade.

I just want the team to do the best it can, I don't want the coaching staff to give the players even the slightest hint they might want to tank.
I’m done with football for this year. Moving over to NBA soon:) I’ll start paying attention last few games of the season when I can get excited about draft position possibilities.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you keep him off the field, he's no longer on the team next year. He'll get traded. We cannot in the least move into the offseason without knowing if he's the guy or not.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you keep him off the field, he's no longer on the team next year. He'll get traded. We cannot in the least move into the offseason without knowing if he's the guy or not.
The coaches and front office may not need to see him on the field to determine whether he's the guy. If you believe what Monti (less so) and JG (very much) say, they are completely sold on him already. I think they can learn what they need to know about Kyler in that two week practice period before they have to decide whether to put him back on IR.

The more we lose now the easier it's going to be to bring Kyler back, I think. If we're 0-8 and Kyler comes back and we go 3-6 the rest of the way (with a bad roster already riddled by injuries), we're probably where we want to be or already close.

If we're 2-6 and Kyler comes back, we're close to the purgatory @DVontel is very worried about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22