The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought we all figured his contract/study stipulations were leaked by the FO...most likely Keim.
I thought the crazy thing about Steve Keim was that he was willing to throw " Anyone " under the bus to save his prestigious job as an NFL GM. It is kinda obvious now that Keim is gone where all the blaming others ( and leaks ) came from. Head coaches, Quarterbacks,Recievers, O.C's, D.C's, front office,. It didn't really seem to matter to Keim as long as he kept his position and the perks that went along with it. I applaud you on your post.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
the study provision was going to come out -- NFLPA releases all contracts, so it just took one member of the press to read it.

what Keim likely did was the whisper campaign on Kyler being a poor team mate, not prepping, etc.

its clear this year Keim likes talking to the media-- so it shouldnt surprise that he was talking to them unofficially for a long time

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Personally, I don't think anyone outside of Gannon, Monti and Kyler actually knows. Remember, even when it looked obvious that Dobbs was gonna start against Washington, Gannon still continued to say he wasn't naming a starter.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Personally, I don't think anyone outside of Gannon, Monti and Kyler actually knows. Remember, even when it looked obvious that Dobbs was gonna start against Washington, Gannon still continued to say he wasn't naming a starter.
Adam's pretty damn credible tho - his name might be Schefter but he ain't no chef

The question we might want to be asking is - is this a cautionary strategy protect our asset type of deal - or is it a literal unable to perform at this time thing?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
My understanding is that if we don’t activate him by week seven then he is out for the year.
That's the way I always understood it. Once the 4 weeks is up they basically have 3 weeks to see if he's going to be able to play or go to IR. I've tried looking for clarification online but I can't find it to be that way 100%. It's just my understanding.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wonder if Kyler's issues were an artifact of just a poor scheme and poor coaching.

He says as much below.

The only thing that gave you a peak into this possibly being real, is how mad he got at his coach for not being able to get the plays called in soon enough to avoid having to take time outs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's the way I always understood it. Once the 4 weeks is up they basically have 3 weeks to see if he's going to be able to play or go to IR. I've tried looking for clarification online but I can't find it to be that way 100%. It's just my understanding.
Yeah but they can activate him next week then take a few weeks to get him ready to play. That puts him in november.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They have to clear a roster spot. Complicated right now with all these DL shenanigans

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Strong cope there.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, it’s extremely disappointing he isn’t coming off the PUP. It’s disappointing he’ll have already missed four games with no return date set.

I thought there was a real possibility he would be ready week 1 given his age and work ethic in the workout room.

I mean, what’s the hold up at this point?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, it’s extremely disappointing he isn’t coming off the PUP. It’s disappointing he’ll have already missed four games with no return date set.

I thought there was a real possibility he would be ready week 1 given his age and work ethic in the workout room.

I mean, what’s the hold up at this point?
The hold up is that he tore an ACL less than a year ago. They are being extra cautious to make sure he is ready before throwing him out there.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The hold up is that he tore an ACL less than a year ago. They are being extra cautious to make sure he is ready before throwing him out there.
Didn’t seem to stop Joe Burrow. He tore his ACL in wk 11 (Nov 22) then returned on opening day the next season (Sept 12). That off-season he said he was at 100% in late July.

I tend to believe they are taking their time not because he isn’t ready but because they are being cautious with their most expensive investment.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t seem to stop Joe Burrow. He tore his ACL in wk 11 (Nov 22) then returned on opening day the next season (Sept 12). That off-season he said he was at 100% in late July.

I tend to believe they are taking their time not because he isn’t ready but because they are being cautious with their most expensive investment.
Burrow had surgery 10 days later. Kyler's surgery was 3+ weeks?

Positive thread,so not trying to derail, but it would take a while when he had hamstring pulls. So its not too surprising. Im sure Kyler's hamstring issues could be a cause for concern if they rush him back too soon.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This Schefter tweet is crap.

He was never going to come off PUP next week, that's not how it works.

At the end of the 4 weeks the team has a 5 week window to activate the "practice window" and from the 1st day of practice they have 3 weeks to activate him from PUP to the active roster.

So he was never coming off PUP next week. Whether Schefter means he won't start practicing next week and it's just very badly worded I don't know.

But it was always likely he wouldn't come off PUP for a few more weeks.

The key here is not when he comes off PUP, but when he starts practicing.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hearing they likely play him some of the time in the Cleveland game. That would mean he starts practicing in about 2 weeks. So if he does, know Cleveland is the plan. They‘ve apparently not chosen that date due to physical condition. If he were a certain dominant player and the Cards were true playoff contenders, he could likely safely play now. By holding him back until the weak portion of the schedule the Cards enhance Murray’s chance of a stellar performance. That way they keep their trade options open. Whether he’s traded depends on the Cards’ final position of their draft choices. Also factored in are the trades offered. To a lesser extent Dobbs performance is a factor, but there’s still much skepticism Dobbs could QB a playoff team.