The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If he's healthy, and whether he plays or not, I don't see him being traded, UNLESS we can draft Williams. None of the other QB's look special to me, meaning they can start from Day One. Williams does look special.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m hearing they likely play him some of the time in the Cleveland game. That would mean he starts practicing in about 2 weeks. So if he does, know Cleveland is the plan. They‘ve apparently not chosen that date due to physical condition. If he were a certain dominant player and the Cards were true playoff contenders, he could likely safely play now. By holding him back until the weak portion of the schedule the Cards enhance Murray’s chance of a stellar performance. That way they keep their trade options open. Whether he’s traded depends on the Cards’ final position of their draft choices. Also factored in are the trades offered. To a lesser extent Dobbs performance is a factor, but there’s still much skepticism Dobbs could QB a playoff team.

Throw him back in against the #1 defense in the league seems silly. With the injuries the Ravens have they would be better putting him in vs the Ravens the week before.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the coaches know what they are doing, and write four possibilities on slips of paper. Put the slips in a bowl and pull out the winning slip of paper. No problem.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s a positive I heard yesterday at Suns media day… he has become good friends with Book lives very close and has been hanging at Books house. Book said he looks good and wants to be great here! If there is another athlete I would want Kyler hanging with it would be Book! If nothing else just the work ethic and the way Book does things the right way…

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Here’s a positive I heard yesterday at Suns media day… he has become good friends with Book lives very close and has been hanging at Books house. Book said he looks good and wants to be great here! If there is another athlete I would want Kyler hanging with it would be Book! If nothing else just the work ethic and the way Book does things the right way…
Book is pretty much the perfect valley athlete - 100% effort, total dog, and loyal as hell. Kyler couldn't have a better model to follow.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book is pretty much the perfect valley athlete - 100% effort, total dog, and loyal as hell. Kyler couldn't have a better model to follow.
Couldn’t agree more hope he rubs off on him in a positive manner, seems to have already imo. Kyler seems bought in and engaged with the team and just generally looks happier than I can remember under KK.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Kyler hates Keim more than he does Kliff, if he hates them at all.
I think he was unhappy with coaching in general he could see all the guys screwing up and not being well coached, he’ll we all saw it from home! You don’t think a player can look around at practices and say wth are we doing, you don’t think he got sick of the stupid sideways passes and super predictable play calling?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think he was unhappy with coaching in general he could see all the guys screwing up and not being well coached, he’ll we all saw it from home! You don’t think a player can look around at practices and say wth are we doing, you don’t think he got sick of the stupid sideways passes and super predictable play calling?
I think it was more about kks deminer on the sidelines that bothered K1. He was always running around in a panic and hence the comment to calm the eff down. Hard to keep your composure when your coach is running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Didn’t seem to stop Joe Burrow. He tore his ACL in wk 11 (Nov 22) then returned on opening day the next season (Sept 12). That off-season he said he was at 100% in late July.

I tend to believe they are taking their time not because he isn’t ready but because they are being cautious with their most expensive investment.
Not all injuries and recoveries are the same. Just because Burrow was back in a certain amount of time does not mean Kyler should be back in that same amount of time.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not all injuries and recoveries are the same. Just because Burrow was back in a certain amount of time does not mean Kyler should be back in that same amount of time.
For whatever reason, every time he's been injured Murray has spent a LOT more time on the injured list than most anticipated.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that Burrow came back too soon?
From his torn ACL? Doesn't seem that way, considering that he led the Bengals to the Super Bowl and won Comeback Player of the Year the next season, then followed that up by leading Bengals to the AFC Championship game and making the Pro Bowl.

From his calf strain? Sure looks like it.