The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Play him when he’s ready is my opinion, but don’t be overly critical if we have no Conner, no Ertz, crappy line play etc. don’t get me wrong he’s still gonna be way more successful than Dobbs slinging the ball around!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Waiting for Conner gives Murray an NFL running back. And Conner is a much better receiver than any other RB on the roster. If it is going to be 6 weeks for Conner than obviously you don't wait.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why would you want to evaluate him with zero running game? Seems kind of dumb, we want the balanced offense to see how it’s supposed to work. It’s not like we have an elite Oline and a stable of WRs to run out there and put it all on his shoulders. You think we beat Dallas or even looked competitive in our games if we were just trying to sling it around? We need a running game or it’s just gonna be shotgun same ole poo, I want to see he under center and running this NFL offense, no some dumb version of a spread! If we want to know if we are keeping him then evaluate correctly imo…
I don't think we need to evaluate him. He's the franchise's QB, even with the QB heavy draft, he's gonna be here. He needs reps in the new system.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Waiting for Conner gives Murray an NFL running back. And Conner is a much better receiver than any other RB on the roster. If it is going to be 6 weeks for Conner than obviously you don't wait.
Only problem is there is no guarantee Conner comes right back after 4 games.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think we need to evaluate him. He's the franchise's QB, even with the QB heavy draft, he's gonna be here. He needs reps in the new system.
I dunno. I think the way Ossenfort has manipulated the payroll this past offseason makes me think he's hedging his bet on Kyler, but that can only pay off if he knows whether to keep him or not in 2024.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
curious to see if Kyler goes with a knee brace or no

it doesnt look like he is practicing with one

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
curious to see if Kyler goes with a knee brace or no

it doesnt look like he is practicing with one
I think it was reported yesterday that he had shed the brace...He previously had it on just about anytime he was in the building for rehab or practice.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess we’ll find out if this new regime is honest or not. Monty said from day 1 that they would play Kyler when he’s ready.

If he’s healthy he should play. No more of this none sense of treating these next couple of weeks as his training camp. He’s an instant upgrade at QB and gives the team an opportunity to win even if he needs to shake off the rust.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess we’ll find out if this new regime is honest or not. Monty said from day 1 that they would play Kyler when he’s ready.

If he’s healthy he should play. No more of this none sense of treating these next couple of weeks as his training camp. He’s an instant upgrade at QB and gives the team an opportunity to win even if he needs to shake off the rust.
Ready means more than his health. Has to show he's comfortable with the new offense.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I do think there is merit to needing reps to get back to game speed. Players that sit out training camp seem to get injured more often and Kyler's missed a lot more than just training camp.

I would be thrilled if Kyler played though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22