The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A poll might be in order. Put me down for the Ravens.
I think he's activated next Friday, after 2 weeks of practice. He may not start, but would be available to come in for relief if Dobbs struggles or if they have packages specifically for Murray. Kyler on the bench looks a whole lot better than Tune and it actually might help Dobbs.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing the 53, we have Just Two RBS available, dimercado and Ingram, a level u cant even find in the other 31 practice squads
Pathetic. That should be an embarrassment. Sure, they are young, but seriously.... They have shown nothing to indicate they will still be in the league next year or the year after.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Time it was
And what a time it was
It was a time of innocence
A time of confidences
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time it was
And what a time it was
It was a time of innocence
A time of confidences
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I was at that game. Murray threw for like 350 yards, but KK’s play calling in the red zone was atrocious. That was the 2nd game oF 2019. Boy, do we miss Kirk! And Murray did last year BIG TIME.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was at that game. Murray threw for like 350 yards, but KK’s play calling in the red zone was atrocious. That was the 2nd game oF 2019. Boy, do we miss Kirk! And Murray did last year BIG TIME.
Not sure Kirk was worth the money he got in Jax. However, yea Keim should have tried to sign him earlier to friendly contract.

Seemed like Kirk caught most of the deep passes thrown to him in 2021. 2022 our deep passing game was awful.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure Kirk was worth the money he got in Jax. However, yea Keim should have tried to sign him earlier to friendly contract.

Seemed like Kirk caught most of the deep passes thrown to him in 2021. 2022 our deep passing game was awful.
He's on a pace for 94 catches, 1150 yards and 9TDs. Including the game winning TD with 3 minutes left against the Saints.

i bet the Jags are happy with what they are paying him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I must be missing something - what does Conner have to do with Kyler? His blitz pickups?
I think his running ability might take some pressure off of Kyler and help keep the offense on schedule.

A low-key interesting thing is that we barely throw the ball to our backs at all.

Last year under Kliff backs had 111 targets (25.6% of total targets).

This year under Petzing, backs are on pace for just 68 targets (12.6% of total targets). We only throw the ball to running backs four times per game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think his running ability might take some pressure off of Kyler and help keep the offense on schedule.

A low-key interesting thing is that we barely throw the ball to our backs at all.

Last year under Kliff backs had 111 targets (25.6% of total targets).

This year under Petzing, backs are on pace for just 68 targets (12.6% of total targets). We only throw the ball to running backs four times per game.
I still don't understand this.

So you want Conner back because he is more effective than our other backs, so that will in turn allow us to run more running plays.

OK - again what does that have to do with Kyler? Do people only want him to come back if we have a good chance to win or something? Is it about being afraid he is more likely to be injured due to more likely being sacked? Is it people being afraid we can't evaluate him in a best case scenario?

To me you play your best players when they are able to play. Players being out and you not having your ideal lineup is closer to the norm than the exception, so I don't get why anyone would not want him out on the field as soon as possible.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I still don't understand this.

So you want Conner back because he is more effective than our other backs, so that will in turn allow us to run more running plays.

OK - again what does that have to do with Kyler? Do people only want him to come back if we have a good chance to win or something? Is it about being afraid he is more likely to be injured due to more likely being sacked? Is it people being afraid we can't evaluate him in a best case scenario?

To me you play your best players when they are able to play. Players being out and you not having your ideal lineup is closer to the norm than the exception, so I don't get why anyone would not want him out on the field as soon as possible.
I'd play Kyler whenever he's ready.

I think some want Kyler to return when he's most likely to win.

Others want Kyler to return when he'll have the most diversified offense at his disposal.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd play Kyler whenever he's ready.

I think some want Kyler to return when he's most likely to win.

Others want Kyler to return when he'll have the most diversified offense at his disposal.
Put me firmly in the "Play him when he's ready" camp. If that's this week, then do it, if it's Cleveland? Fine. He's a franchise QB(to some here that jury is still out), you don't shy away from good defenses for a franchise QB.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would you want to evaluate him with zero running game? Seems kind of dumb, we want the balanced offense to see how it’s supposed to work. It’s not like we have an elite Oline and a stable of WRs to run out there and put it all on his shoulders. You think we beat Dallas or even looked competitive in our games if we were just trying to sling it around? We need a running game or it’s just gonna be shotgun same ole poo, I want to see he under center and running this NFL offense, no some dumb version of a spread! If we want to know if we are keeping him then evaluate correctly imo…

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22