The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray vastly exceeded my expectations against the Falcons.

He looked more mature as a quarterback and hadn't lost a step. His skills as a passer were evident.

Maybe I forgot how quick he was, but he looked even faster yesterday.

I couldn't ask for more with Kyler's first start after returning from injury.
I’ll say it again, I am not a Kyler Murray fan but WOW… I was glued to the tube.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that Murray was definitely climbing the pocket and was going through his progressions. I think having no Hopkins kind of helps him.
Thats a helluva leap to make when he was without Hopkins 11 games the last two years.

I'd say its more coaching.

Although even with that its still early cause he has to consistently do that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Thats a helluva leap to make when he was without Hopkins 11 games the last two years.
It's different when you know he won't be playing at all.
I'd say its more coaching.

Although even with that its still early cause he has to consistently do that.
Coaching maybe. We saw Kyler play this way over the Kingsbury years at times as well. But Kyler started feasting on alert throws to Hopkins and when he was injured or it didn't work, he struggled.

That's my point I'm making. He cant predetermine before the snap that he's going to throw it to Hopkins who is in man coverage.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Coaching maybe. We saw Kyler play this way over the Kingsbury years at times as well. But Kyler started feasting on alert throws to Hopkins and when he was injured or it didn't work, he struggled.

That's my point I'm making. He cant predetermine before the snap that he's going to throw it to Hopkins who is in man coverage.
the same thought occurred to me. No safety blanket. Of course...it looks like he found a new one, lol... those big targets are nice.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is still such a strange point.

He lost Hopkins when he was playing his best football ever. And even when he was playing his best football ever Hopkins was only averaging 4 catches a game. Once losing Hopkins his play fell off, then he KNEW going into the 2022 he'd have no Hopkins for 6 weeks and played his worst stretch of his career. So he literally went 11 games straight without Deandre Hopkins.

His passer rating was in the mid 80s those 11 games. It was close to 100 the last two years when Hopkins was on the field.

Its coaching. And hopefully keeps taking to it.

Edit: An even stranger point when realizing Will Levis threw 4 tds against this very same Falcons defense because of Deandre Hopkins lol

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lamar at 2 is a joke, Burrow should be at 2. One thing is certain, it’s Mahomes and then everyone else. Prescott is vastly overrated, and is Herbert and Lawrence. Murray could easily be inside the top 5 going into next season.
No it isn't. He is the front runner for MVP right now.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think ranking Kyler at 10 is fair, but I also don't think I'd be willing to trade him for any of the QB's after the top 5.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it isn't. He is the front runner for MVP right now.
Did you watch the Cleveland game? Or the Cardinal game. Or the Steeler game? Jackson feasts on the trash, and gets exposed by the better teams or the well coached teams (Cardinals). The Bengal’s D is trash, so I’m sure he’ll rebound tomorrow night. But, he’ll be injured soon, and none of this discussion will matter. I live in an area crock full of Ravens fans, and they would agree with me.