The Vent Thread

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
He can't. Dirk came at him. You can see it on replay. It could have been called a technical, no question, but Dirk instigated it.

My lame attempt at :sarcasm:

Dallasjetfan

Reaction score
O said:
We have the "MVP" and he gets no respect.
While Dirk get the upmost respect, including tossing the ball at TT, which should have been an ejection.

Then you have eject TT for the kiss or the shove through the Mavs huddle!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
JAndrews said:
LOL what we can't be mad?

Sure, but not in 25 freaking threads! There's a "Vent Thread" if anyone wants to complain about the officiating at length.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The Mavs also got a bad technical called on them in return so it doesen't really matter. It cancels out. The Suns just played bad and they did not deserve it. The Mavs got very little advantage from the refs.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The T's were bad...but the Suns let it get to them and became flusterd, something the team is usually good at not doing.

The Mavs made the plays down the stretch...if Dirk doesn't go off like that in the 4th it's a totally different game.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What I would like to know is why they call us for Ts like that but when Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse react to calls by falling on the floor and such in the 2nd quarter there is no Technical?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need to have some dignity over this! Its lame to keep blaming refs when the Suns choked at the end and blew their cool.

mribnik

Reaction score
I agree 100% with the title of this post. However, the entire game changed not because of the technical, but because the Suns folded right after it. It was a stupid call IMO, but we played like a stupid team right after it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
green machine said:
The T's were bad...but the Suns let it get to them and became flusterd, something the team is usually good at not doing.

The Mavs made the plays down the stretch...if Dirk doesn't go off like that in the 4th it's a totally different game.

Absofreakinglutely. You hit the nail on the head Adam. :thumbup:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dallasjetfan said:
Then you have eject TT for the kiss or the shove through the Mavs huddle!!

Yeah walking between two players on your home court court....... tossing a kiss.

OR;

Throwing the basketball at an opposing player?

What a troll!

BTW, Dirk is a PUNK.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Dallasjetfan said:
Just a beat down!! Plain and simple!!

In the 1st and 4th qtrs it was a beatdown one way and in the 2nd and the 3rd it was a beatdown in a different direction. Unfortunately the 1st and 4th qtr beatdowns are much more important

This was honestly a really weird game of runs. The Suns had their shot and they folded, thats why they lost the game

The T on Raja was garbage but I don't think that anything to do with the lack of effort immediately following

If they could learn how to rebound they would blow out Dallas every game

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
What I would like to know is why they call us for Ts like that but when Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse react to calls by falling on the floor and such in the 2nd quarter there is no Technical?

Honestly I'm hoping the NBA has a system next year where its similar to soccer. In soccer you can get penalized for obvious acting and I'm sure if the NBA instituted a "You flop you get a T" type penalty the games would become very different

and Flopinobli would probably be out of basketball

mribnik

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
In the 1st and 4th qtrs it was a beatdown one way and in the 2nd and the 3rd it was a beatdown in a different direction. Unfortunately the 1st and 4th qtr beatdowns are much more important

This was honestly a really weird game of runs. The Suns had their shot and they folded, thats why they lost the game

The T on Raja was garbage but I don't think that anything to do with the lack of effort immediately following

That's the odd thing about the game. Through three quarters, the rebounding differential was only like 3. It ended up being 14. The fouls were kinda the same way.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Honestly I'm hoping the NBA has a system next year where its similar to soccer. In soccer you can get penalized for obvious acting and I'm sure if the NBA instituted a "You flop you get a T" type penalty the games would become very different

and Flopinobli would probably be out of basketball

I hate flopping as much as the next guy...especially Manu Gifloppoli...but there is really no way to tell sans using instant replay.

And for instance, on the defensive end alot of the time a flop is used to draw attention to contact that was made. Is that wrong?

I get mad because Manu flops alot on offense to draw fouls that never happened...but that's a different story.

:goesandcursesmanu'sname:

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Dallasjetfan said:
Just a beat down!! Plain and simple!!
You talking about game 4 or game 5?
Dirk played great with the sixth man being the refs'

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

Its defeating to a team when you get poor calls all game and then get 2 technical fouls which were horrid. 1 leading into the other.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
I don't mean to complain but.....

Does anyone else agree with me that the refs were HORRENDOUS?!?!?! I mean they called so many bs fouls for dirk/howard that were ridiculous. The amount of contact i saw on most of the fouls wouldn't be enough to hurt my 98 year old grandma! I don't mean to blame the entire loss on the terrible officiating but man was it the worst I have seen these playoffs. :computer:

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
PHX 32 said:
Does anyone else agree with me that the refs were HORRENDOUS?!?!?! I mean they called so many bs fouls for dirk/howard that were ridiculous. The amount of contact i saw on most of the fouls wouldn't be enough to hurt my 98 year old grandma! I don't mean to blame the entire loss on the terrible officiating but man was it the worst I have seen these playoffs. :computer:
go to the vent thread its already being discussed

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
PHX 32 said:

:bang: Stop, please!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
green machine said:
I hate flopping as much as the next guy...especially Manu Gifloppoli...but there is really no way to tell sans using instant replay.

And for instance, on the defensive end alot of the time a flop is used to draw attention to contact that was made. Is that wrong?

I get mad because Manu flops alot on offense to draw fouls that never happened...but that's a different story.

:goesandcursesmanu'sname:

The majority of the time you can tell without instant replay if you use good officiating crews.

Trust me good refs know when a player is flopping but unfortunately the officiating league wide since the tax evasion scandal has gone down the toilet. However the rating are up so they'll ignore it AGAIN

Pretty much officiating has gone to the point where you have to flop to get the attention of the refs. Its really quite a shame

Please note I'm not saying they cost us the game because they are usually equally bad to both teams

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05