The Vent Thread

Mavzy

Go Mavs!
Reaction score
jibikao said:
No, Suns will win in game 7!!!!!! Believe. Thanks for the reasonable post.

We just need some rest before game 7 and we'll take it. Too bad we don't have Amare and healthier Kurt Thomas.

One problem, there is no rest. Game 6 = Saturday Game 7 = Monday

jibikao

Reaction score
Mavzy said:
One problem, there is no rest. Game 6 = Saturday Game 7 = Monday

Unlike the Clipper series eh?

Then we'll probably lose. We need some miracles.

Mavzy

Go Mavs!
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Unlike the Clipper series eh?

Then we'll probably lose. We need some miracles.

Obviously, I hope your right....but don't give up! If anything, this series has shown it depends on who shows up on game night. Both teams are very talented, and frankly, I'll be rooting for either of these teams in the finals (just hope it's the Mavs). I just don't want to see a game seven, my basketball senses do, but my nerves don't....right now my nerves are winning out! :)

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Wow whistle happy tonight!

And I’m not complaining like I think its one sided or anything.
I missed the 1st qtr and since I turned it on seems the whistle is getting blown on every play for EACH team.

I mean let them play a little.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
phxrising said:
And I’m not complaining like I think its one sided or anything.
I missed the 1st qtr and since I turned it on seems the whistle is getting blown on every play for EACH team.

I mean let them play a little.

With how emotional the last game became, its not that surprising that the refs are trying to take control but even I have to admit this is getting ridiculous

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
With how emotional the last game became, its not that surprising that the refs are trying to take control but even I have to admit this is getting ridiculous
Why cant they let the players PLAY. MY GOD its game 6 of the WCF's.
Its a shame the refs have to be this controlling

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It can be good or bad, the Suns have 4 guys with 3 fouls but Dallas has Terry & Harris in foul trouble with 3 each. The problems arise when the refs stop calling fouls for a stretch like at the end of the 2nd. We had a few possessions at the end of the 2nd where we took the ball to the basket and couldn't get calls. Diaw drove it in and got hit by 2 guys, missed the layup, Marion grabbed the board and was getting hammer by Diop, missed the layup and no call. Then Diaw screams at the ref "You called it on the other end!". If the refs remain consistently calling it tight then it's fine with me, but they have to stay consistent.

Charles Barkley is complaining about the ticky-tack foul calls right now at halftime. I wonder how the refs will call the rest of the game. My guess is they stop calling everything and the Mavs get right back into the game.

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
It can be good or bad, the Suns have 4 guys with 3 fouls but Dallas has Terry & Harris in foul trouble with 3 each. The problems arise when the refs stop calling fouls for a stretch like at the end of the 2nd. We had a few possessions at the end of the 2nd where we took the ball to the basket and couldn't get calls. Diaw drove it in and got hit by 2 guys, missed the layup, Marion grabbed the board and was getting hammer by Diop, missed the layup and no call. Then Diaw screams at the ref "You called it on the other end!". If the refs remain consistently calling it tight then it's fine with me, but they have to stay consistent.

Charles Barkley is complaining about the ticky-tack foul calls right now at halftime. I wonder how the refs will call the rest of the game. My guess is they stop calling everything and the Mavs get right back into the game.

4 guys for the Suns?

Diaw
TT
LB
James Jones??

Edit: Nevermind I figured out who the 4th guy was ... Raja Bell

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey Dick...let 'em play man!

You must be registered for see images

My gawd...this guys killing me.
He's getting more camera time than anybody. :roll:

I thought this guys movie career was over. lol :D

You must be registered for see images

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
******** refs.........call the game unbelieveably tight in the 1st half......Suns get an 18 pt lead and then completely change the game in the 2nd half by not calling any fouls against Dallas.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
******** refs.........call the game unbelieveably tight in the 1st half......Suns get an 18 pt lead and then completely change the game in the 2nd half by not calling any fouls against Dallas.

Please don't tell me you are blaming this choke job on the refs. The Suns lost this game not the refs

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Please don't tell me you are blaming this choke job on the refs. The Suns lost this game not the refs
BS, the refs completely changed the way they called the game. How many fouls were called against Dallas in the 2nd half? How many ft's did we shoot in the 2nd half? How many turnovers and missed shots did we have as a result of fouls not being called? How does Dirk only have only 2-3 fouls yet we have 4 guys foul out or have 5 fouls?

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
BS, the refs completely changed the way they called the game. How many fouls were called against Dallas in the 2nd half? How many ft's did we shoot in the 2nd half? How many turnovers and missed shots did we have as a result of fouls not being called?

They stopped being the aggressor. They went completely soft and decided to refuse to drive in the lane at all costs or move without the ball.

Basically they stopped playing Suns basketball before the refs could have a say one way or the other

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
BS, the refs completely changed the way they called the game. How many fouls were called against Dallas in the 2nd half? How many ft's did we shoot in the 2nd half? How many turnovers and missed shots did we have as a result of fouls not being called?
It's because they were driving while we were shaking in our shorts turning ball over again and again on freaking shot clock violations!!

No way this goes on the refs... come on now!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Lack of killer instinct when another team is on their heels was our biggest weakness in this series IMO.

No shortage of Heart though. To bad we had a shortage on the bench.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This was a very disheartening loss. I could at least handle a down-to-the-wire loss, but we simply choked in the second half. When Shawn Marion just stands on the perimeter doing nothing, we don't win very much. Steve Nash was passive the entire second half as well, leaving it to Boris (who was in foul trouble) and Leandro (who ALSO was in foul trouble) try to carry the team. Big mistake, and it cost the Suns the series.

That doesn't take away what this team accomplished this season--it was an amazing run. Now we can be prepared for all the pessimists on this board to come out and say how this was our only opportunity for a championship.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
az1965 said:
It's because they were driving while we were shaking in our shorts turning ball over again and again on freaking shot clock violations!!

No way this goes on the refs... come on now!
Apparently you weren't in the chat beacuse about 20 of us were bitching about all the non-calls and bad calls all 2nd half long.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Apparently you weren't in the chat beacuse about 20 of us were bitching about all the non-calls and bad calls all 2nd half long.

For God's sake, Jim, you're STILL blaming the refs? It was an extremely tightly called game, but it wasn't the refs that stopped Shawn Marion's aggression. Boris continued to be aggressive, even with his 4 fouls--same with Barbosa. Why not Shawn?

And you are falling back on the chat? Gimme a break. Heat of the moment complaining about the officials is normal.

Give it a rest. Please.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
For God's sake, Jim, you're STILL blaming the refs? It was an extremely tightly called game, but it wasn't the refs that stopped Shawn Marion's aggression. Boris continued to be aggressive, even with his 4 fouls--same with Barbosa. Why not Shawn?

And you are falling back on the chat? Gimme a break. Heat of the moment complaining about the officials is normal.

Give it a rest. Please.

It was only extremely tightly called in the 1st half. I wish they would've kept calling the game that way. Instead we have 2 guys foul out and 2 more with 5 foul and Dallas has no one with 5 fouls. We shot about 4 fts in the 2nd half. We had 18 turnovers and the majority of them were caused by hacking that wasn't called (which in turn is called great Dallas defense). We had the refs overturn a Barbosa layup and calling it a shot clock violation because they thought the shot clock guy started the clock late, when guys have caught the ball, turned and shot with 0.4 seconds to go and had it count. Dallas is allowed to trip Nash as he drives to the basket with no calls.

If you guys didn't see the game change after halftime then you're blind. I don't see how we can play such a great 1st half and then have no effort in the 2nd. We had an 18 pt lead and then score about 40 pts in the entire 2nd half with a good chunk of that in garbage time with the game decided.

Charles is complaining about the officiating, although he's complaining about too many calls in the 1st half, but we did better in that style of game. Now I've got to look at gone fishin pics with Hasselhoff in the pics.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
It was only extremely tightly called in the 1st half. I wish they would've kept calling the game that way. Instead we have 2 guys foul out and 2 more with 5 foul and Dallas has no one with 5 fouls. We shot about 4 fts in the 2nd half. We had 18 turnovers and the majority of them were caused by hacking that wasn't called (which in turn is called great Dallas defense). We had the refs overturn a Barbosa layup and calling it a shot clock violation because they thought the shot clock guy started the clock late, when guys have caught the ball, turned and shot with 0.4 seconds to go and had it count.

If you guys didn't see the game change after halftime then you're blind.

Please. STOP!

My God, you're complaining about Thomas and Barbosa fouling out, when we HAD NO CHOICE but to foul in both instances? Get your priorities straight. Basic basketball is what got them fouled out, not bad officiating.

The officiating was very good. On the 24-second violation, the moment it TOUCHES a player, doesn't have to be Suns player, the shot clock should start. The ball hit Stackhouse, bounced to Barbosa, who still took a dribble and drove to the basket. The ball left his hand a millisecond before the clock went out. You wanna know what's blind? Someone who couldn't see the ball actually touched Stack to begin with.

Officiating had NOTHING-- I repeat: NOTHING--to do with this loss.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
When Shawn Marion just stands on the perimeter doing nothing, we don't win very much.

What is up with that. And when he takes those 3's in the corner where he can tend to hide sometimes I cringe everytime.

Why does he hide over there sometimes. Is it a called play, is he tired, does he lose confidence?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
What is up with that. And when he takes those 3's in the corner where he can tend to hide sometimes I cringe everytime.

Why does he hide over there sometimes. Is it a called play, is he tired, does he lose confidence?

Actually, and this isn't saying all that much, if Shawn is going to take a three, the corner is where he should probably take it. It's an extremely difficult shot, but it's his best spot for his 3's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05