This certainly isn’t the Kyler we’re used to….

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Yup. I'm glad he did the hard self-reflection, didn't like what he saw, and made needed changes. I hope they pay off.
It's a cool bonding video, lots of hard work and getting to know each other, which makes a better team, now if this translates to the field on game day then it's great, but if not well......lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is leaps and bounds a different Kyler then we saw the first 4 years. Im happy to see it. Im sure the film study habits have improved as well just by watching this alone and his passion for winning. Bringing damn near the entire offense together for a week of training/comradery on his own dime all first class speaks volumes to me. Of course we all hope it translates.
The amount of team building progress that has been achieved is impressive. Kyler seems to have grown into the role. Let’s hope the defense is coming together the same way.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The amount of team building progress that has been achieved is impressive. Kyler seems to have grown into the role. Let’s hope the defense is coming together the same way.
This brings up a question I have on this team building bonding thing.

I’ve heard of QBs getting with receivers outside of the training facility, QBs buying the OL dinner and QBs buying gifts for their OL.

Has anyone heard of similar things on the defensive side of the ball or a kicker doing outside activities with their holder?

If not, does this imply a higher degree of individualism outside of the offense on a given team?

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You understand that this was the off season and he couldn't do that right? They can't have an organized team event at the team facility.
You can’t watch film in the offseason?

Even my frosh football player watches film at home on his chrome book now. You needn’t go to a facility to work on film.

This isn’t arguing that kyler didn’t do that. Just that your argument holds little water.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But I will give you this...

He said he spent much of the off season watching tape of his old games and he realized back then he thought he had it all down and now he sees the flaws in his game and is working on them.
I didn’t read that, but if true he’s gaining the self-awareness that anyone needs to grow. That’s a great thing.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Great video but I had a hard time knowing who was who in the video. Kyler, JC, McBride, Harrison and Wilson were easy but I couldn't place most of the others.

It made me have renewed hope for the season, chemistry is huge in team sports, doesn't trump outright talent but it can be a difference maker.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
This was a great behind the scenes look at K1 and his teammates.

Some takeaways.

K1 also has an absolute gun when throwing the ball.
Marvin is going to be a legit problem.
The comradery between the offsensive players is great to see.

People saying that this is a different K1 do understand that people mature as they experience new things right?

Dude was 23 in the most dysfunctional franchise on the planet, owner is terrible, GM was a multi dui drunk, coach was more worried about getting game tickets for thots, and many of the players were me guys.

Thankfully the organization seems to be full of actual leaders like JG and high character guys unlike before.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was a great behind the scenes look at K1 and his teammates.

Some takeaways.

K1 also has an absolute gun when throwing the ball.
Marvin is going to be a legit problem.
The comradery between the offsensive players is great to see.

People saying that this is a different K1 do understand that people mature as they experience new things right?

Dude was 23 in the most dysfunctional franchise on the planet, owner is terrible, GM was a multi dui drunk, coach was more worried about getting game tickets for thots, and many of the players were me guys.

Thankfully the organization seems to be full of actual leaders like JG and high character guys unlike before.
And he didn't want to do the work. That he was only 23 is absolutely no excuse. Kyler was a huge part of the problem, too.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And he didn't want to do the work. That he was only 23 is absolutely no excuse. Kyler was a huge part of the problem, too.

Stout, man, you don't know how much work he did or didn't do! You're coming dangerously close to re-writing history with all of your diatribes!

Kyler was playing his @ss off through 2019, 2020, and 2021! OROY, two pro-bowls, all the "first time in NFL history" stats, etc! blah blah blah It's all been rehashed a million times.

The train went off the tracks at the end of both 2020 and 2021, that's true, and part of it is on him, no doubt. 2022 was not good. Not acceptable.

How much of it is on him is impossible to say though, and I really wish you would get off the guy's back a little, and not act like he's been stinking up the field during his entire time here! He's trying!

But whatever. I understand the only way he's going to change your opinion (and you're not alone in doubting him of course) is by lighting it up on the field.

That's fine! That's real life.

I'm confident he's going to play great this year. I think he'll be in the MVP conversation, and I think he's a dark horse to win it!

It's possible he'll start a little slow while the new offensive personnel settle in. But worst case scenario is by game four or five, he's playing like a top QB, and only getting better from there (assuming we stay relatively healthy on that side of the ball).

But hopefully today the offense comes out guns blazing! It won't surprise me one bit if we put up 31 or 35 points today, with K1 leading the charge!

So have beer, put on your black K1 jersey, and get ready to be entertained! :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like others have said, we really don't know how much work he was doing.

But there is a clear change in his outward appearance, and I think we can all say that, for sure, he is busting his butt to try and right things.

And I will say, older men...we all take for granted how much a younger men can be absolute knuckleheads and how much it means to have the right mentors and support around. Kyler started his career with a drunk pill popping GM and a HC who wouldn't hold anyone accountable. Not exactly the best support staff to start a career.

As much as Kevin Murray is touted as a QB guru, he never really played in the NFL, so Murray has had to learn many of the lessons the hard way.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The train went off the tracks at the end of both 2020 and 2021, that's true, and part of it is on him, no doubt. 2022 was not good.
Two things to consider.

First and foremost the defensive coaches figured out Kliff’s scheme and the fact it wasn’t changing.

I wouldn’t doubt Kyler shutting down intentionally to oust Kliff and Keim when he decided nothing was going to change with those leaders. His goal probably was two prong, force them to pay or trade him. The fact they paid him his next option was to shut it down.

Just a theory:)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The video was great all round, but I loved James Connor even more after this video. Such a leader on that offense. Sets the tone. Looks close to Kyler. Just a stud.

When he was asked about late night workouts at Pitt "If not me, then who?" Sums the guys up.

The kind of guy that would be an NCO in the military and every one of his guys would bleed for him.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This brings up a question I have on this team building bonding thing.

I’ve heard of QBs getting with receivers outside of the training facility, QBs buying the OL dinner and QBs buying gifts for their OL.

Has anyone heard of similar things on the defensive side of the ball or a kicker doing outside activities with their holder?

If not, does this imply a higher degree of individualism outside of the offense on a given team?
The only thing I’ve heard is Baker has been working hard with the guys in the secondary, especially Thomas.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky