Time To Be Honest Fire Whizenstupid Now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If this team fires Whisenhunt, they might as well void the franchise and then create a team for LA and I can stop following the NFL and have peace on Sundays and still feel sick, because my UT Longhorns in college have the same QB situation...the feeling of 'crap' will just come a day earlier :)

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If this team fires Whisenhunt, they might as well void the franchise and then create a team for LA and I can stop following the NFL and have peace on Sundays and still feel sick, because my Longhorn in college have the same QB situation...the feeling of 'crap' will just come a day earlier :)

Malcolm Brown
Jonathan Gray
Joe Bergeron
D.J. Monroe

Feel better?

seesred

Reaction score
Many on this board praised the team for signing Kolb! If he would have done nothing many would have said cheap Cards. Now it is what it is and I support Whiz 100%.

GBR

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
nope

I stopped labeling Whiz that, He is my teams head coach with stupid behaviors! Just like Graves is my teams General Manager with absolutely no behaviors!

You can change your behavior, but you can't fix stupid!

I think Whiz is drunk on his own power, I hoped he would bring in an OC or anybody from outside of Pittsburg this offseason, Mcnulty is what we got at QB coach?

Cutting Leinart was stupid, Benching Edge, letting Kurt go to the Niners for a visit, Starting THT infront of Edge and Beanie was a very stupid behavior. Passing 70% in streaks, many many more,

We were stastically last in almost every offensive and defensive statistic in 2010! Other coaches that were fired - out coached Whiz's staff - wasn't really even close. Those coaches had better statistics with less talent!

Whiz blamed the 2010 players and said he would fire everyone of them even his pets! admitted to having pets, brought in 50+ new players to camp. and never took an iota of responsibility for his team's performance.
With or without Kurt.

Every player and every unit on both sides of the ball does not go to to crap at the same time, It is this Head Coach and his staff selection- Replacing Chris Miller does not a good staff make.

Heres my worry straight up-
I think Fisher, Carrol and Harbaugh take this Cardinal team to a NFCW Championship if they were Head Coach.
Whiz would not be able to win the NFCW with last years Niner team!

I don't think Whiz should be fired, I I think He needs to go back to the HC we hired in 2008, the most runningest coach in the NFL compared to the most passingest coach in the NFL.

Or let Grimm take over and Feed the Bean regurgitated Hot Dogs.

Thesmel is that you? :D

THESMEL

Reaction score
Yea

Harbaugh put his battered number 1 overal veteran QB , that had different OC every year since before Leinart was drafted, Into the NFCC game!

Max protect, balanced gameplan, low risk offense- With a fundementally sound physical defense. It is not rocket science - It is fundementally sound football first- trick plays last!

Cower kept Whisenhunt in check, Whiz was known for his well timed trick plays, but not until after it was properly set up. maximizing the chances of the big plays success.

Whiz's game plans are big plays first and punt what isn't turned over in 3 downs.

I won't argue most of your point since we've rehashed all of them many times.

But I find the bolded part pretty fascinating. First, I don't have much respect for Pete Carroll as an NFL head coach, but I'm totally intrigued to think of what Jeff Fisher or Harbaugh would have been able to do with our team last year. That is interesting (to me at least). Your other point, about what Whis would have done with that 49ers team last year is also interesting to me.

I love Whis (hard not to after so many years of futility before him) but I don't know if he takes the 9ers to the NFC Championship. The way they did it doesn't fit what Whis does, or at least what we've seen him do. Maybe he'd do it differently with different personnel but I don't know. He'd probably have had Smith throwing 60+ % of the time (since Smith used to run a spread in college).

Would Fisher and Harbaugh eke out more than 8 wins with our team last year? We lost a lot of early ones by 3 points or less. You'd think Harbaugh would have run Beanie into the dirt and limited Kolb's throws, but who knows. What would they have done with the offensive line? Fascinating (I feel like Spock).

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
don't include carroll in that list, the dude is a chump. he will have a few mediocre years in seattle before he is run out just like he was the last time he was in the NFL, then some SEC school will pay him gobs of money to come coach in college again.

just watch.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Ok

I think Carrol would have won the NFCW Cards team last year, But we beat the Niners and they still had 13 wins so I am disrespecting Harbaugh's efforts. I hate the Niners but don't want to underestimate them.

Carrol would have competed if he had Leinart last year, Leinart declined him twice now, not the other way around. thre might be some problems left over from Reggie Bush and the USC days.

I think parcells, Schottenheimer, belicheck would have 1 or 2 rings with the talent on this team, probably would have kept more and treated star players with more respect.

I thank Whiz for our success, but We had 10 run plays in the 2 playoff losses we had, We have 10 runs 40+ passes in our next playoff game it will be a loss too.

Whiz needs to get frothing at the mouth rabid Desert Dawg mad about a balanced gameplan, like the Saints win with and still retain the NFL passing title with.

He's fallen and he has the players to get up, Will he?

don't include carroll in that list, the dude is a chump. he will have a few mediocre years in seattle before he is run out just like he was the last time he was in the NFL, then some SEC school will pay him gobs of money to come coach in college again.

just watch.

Last edited:

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 losing season

2 8-8 seasons

2 playoff appearances

4 playoff wins

1 super bowl appearance.

You guys just don't remember what it was like before.

This.

A product of watching the Cards for longer than I'd like to admit is the record laid out above for the CARDINALS cannot be overstated. From my perspective, having been drug through the dungeons of hell watching this team, getting the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl, and nearly win the game, is all Whiz needed to get a life time pass to coach this team.

Disclaimer - Having become addicted to watching Cardinal football at a young and tender age I fell hostage to the team and have a case of the Helsinki Syndrome, as in Helsinki, Sweden so anything the team does I agree with:D

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This.

A product of watching the Cards for longer than I'd like to admit is the record laid out above for the CARDINALS cannot be overstated. From my perspective, having been drug through the dungeons of hell watching this team, getting the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl, and nearly win the game, is all Whiz needed to get a life time pass to coach this team.

Disclaimer - Having become addicted to watching Cardinal football at a young and tender age I fell hostage to the team and have a case of the Helsinki Syndrome, as in Helsinki, Sweden so anything the team does I agree with:D
:raccoon::raccoon::raccoon:

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
1 losing season

2 8-8 seasons

2 playoff appearances

4 playoff wins

1 super bowl appearance.

Thank you Chris.

I have reservations about Whiz (who doesn't?), he's not perfect, but he is a darn sight better than what we've had in recent memory.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Whisenstupid ??????????. This thread is stupid.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whiz HAS mishandled QBs ever since Warner's departure. But I don't think that means he should be fired--I think it means we need to hire a QB guru. Lets get Martz or Gruden in here to deal specifically with the QB situation from identifying talent in the draft and FA to coaching them up.

Whiz has F'd up in the QB department, but excelled in most others, IMO.

Martz coached his way out of Chicago despite a first class talent at QB, and Gruden could rarely make up his mind and, again, coached himself out of the league.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Martz coached his way out of Chicago despite a first class talent at QB, and Gruden could rarely make up his mind and, again, coached himself out of the league.
Martz is about the most overrated coach out there. I think Warner had more to do with Martz being successful that vice versa. As for Gruden, if the Cards would hire him, which is about a 0% possibility, they may as well keep Kolb because that's the system he ran in Philly. That sytem is friendly to the more mobile, weaker arm strength QB's like Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon. I think Whiz's offense is more drop, quick read, and get the ball out.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not saying he should have control of the offense. I'm saying he should be the QB's coach and have a lot of input as to QB personnel. That's a far site different then what's he's been fired for the last few go 'rounds.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I stopped labeling Whiz that, He is my teams head coach with stupid behaviors! Just like Graves is my teams General Manager with absolutely no behaviors!

You can change your behavior, but you can't fix stupid!

I think Whiz is drunk on his own power, I hoped he would bring in an OC or anybody from outside of Pittsburg this offseason, Mcnulty is what we got at QB coach?

Cutting Leinart was stupid, Benching Edge, letting Kurt go to the Niners for a visit, Starting THT infront of Edge and Beanie was a very stupid behavior. Passing 70% in streaks, many many more,

We were stastically last in almost every offensive and defensive statistic in 2010! Other coaches that were fired - out coached Whiz's staff - wasn't really even close. Those coaches had better statistics with less talent!

Whiz blamed the 2010 players and said he would fire everyone of them even his pets! admitted to having pets, brought in 50+ new players to camp. and never took an iota of responsibility for his team's performance.
With or without Kurt.

Every player and every unit on both sides of the ball does not go to to crap at the same time, It is this Head Coach and his staff selection- Replacing Chris Miller does not a good staff make.

Heres my worry straight up-
I think Fisher, Carrol and Harbaugh take this Cardinal team to a NFCW Championship if they were Head Coach.
Whiz would not be able to win the NFCW with last years Niner team!

I don't think Whiz should be fired, I I think He needs to go back to the HC we hired in 2008, the most runningest coach in the NFL compared to the most passingest coach in the NFL.

Or let Grimm take over and Feed the Bean regurgitated Hot Dogs.

Such a good post.

CDogg

Reaction score
I have been a fan of this team since the early 90's and have to say that Whiz is by far the best coach the Cardinals have had since moving to Arizona and I remember when the Cards would never even have even been mentioned in conversations about winning the division or making the playoffs especially when we were in the NFC east. I am happy knowing that we have a chance every year to win the division or make the playoffs and like it or not but Whiz has alot to do with that. I will point out that the coach he learned from Bill Cowher had some lean years in Pittsburgh when he coached there and they stuck by him. We have a coach who has lead us to the playoffs multiple years and to a super bowl, they don't come around that often and in my opinion we should stick with him. This is just my opinion, but I remember all those bad years and am happy knowing that the team I watch now is competitive and run way better than it ever was before Whiz was here.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wiz isn't perfect (what coach is)?

But he's flexible, willing to learn from his mistakes and will make adjustments when necessary. On balance, I like him, and hope he stays.

He's blended stability and structure with enough pro-activity in personnel matters to keep us competitive since he's been here.

Let me put it another way - Unless we were to bring in whole new FO, coaching and management team and program led by a brilliant, high-profile, GM and HC, I'd rather keep Wiz and his people at the helm. (&, given the scarcity of available mgt and head coaching talent and the ownership and management history of this franchise, I just don't see any radical changes taking place - too expensive, we're not bad enough & it just isn't gonna happen).

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiz HAS mishandled QBs ever since Warner's departure. But I don't think that means he should be fired--I think it means we need to hire a QB guru. Lets get Martz or Gruden in here to deal specifically with the QB situation from identifying talent in the draft and FA to coaching them up.

Whiz has F'd up in the QB department, but excelled in most others, IMO.

^
|
|

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1 losing season

2 8-8 seasons

2 playoff appearances

4 playoff wins

1 super bowl appearance.

OP has too many beers in his system.
My god hed be hiring new coaches every year.
It was a preseason game...lighten up buttercup.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
You have to laugh at these threads. We finally have a roster in halfway decent shape, sans QB and O-line, and the pitchforks come out. If, as I anticipate, KK and JS struggle again this season, we'll reload in the offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05