Time To Be Honest Fire Whizenstupid Now.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to laugh at these threads. We finally have a roster in halfway decent shape, sans QB and O-line, and the pitchforks come out.

Actually, I think they skipped the pitchforks and just started at the last step which was impaling Whiz's head on a stake outside the village.

Reaction score
don't include carroll in that list, the dude is a chump. he will have a few mediocre years in seattle before he is run out just like he was the last time he was in the NFL, then some SEC school will pay him gobs of money to come coach in college again.

just watch.
I am CardLogic, and I support this message.

:)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It appears as if we have 3 very good QBs. I am sure that many teams are envious of us. How many teams have 3 guys they can go to from one week to another to start and/or finish a game. The NFL is now more about quantity than quality with all the injuries and such. And as the rules pertaining to injuries, especially to the head, change and force players to sit out the rest of any game they take a head shot in, you will need 3 at most of the skill positions to get through a game.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It appears as if we have 3 very good QBs. I am sure that many teams are envious of us. How many teams have 3 guys they can go to from one week to another to start and/or finish a game. The NFL is now more about quantity than quality with all the injuries and such. And as the rules pertaining to injuries, especially to the head, change and force players to sit out the rest of any game they take a head shot in, you will need 3 at most of the skill positions to get through a game.

:bang:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I nominate this for "worst thread of the year".

I can't believe I wasted my time reading it. Firing a coach before the season begins has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We finally have a roster in halfway decent shape, sans QB and O-line,

:thud:

1 losing season

2 8-8 seasons

Buddy Ryan was the first Cardinal HC in 10 years to not have a losing season. He was the first Head coach in 25 years to have Defense ranked in the top 10 in both points and yards allowed.

Just sayin'......

:p

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thud:

Buddy Ryan was the first Cardinal HC in 10 years to not have a losing season. He was the first Head coach in 25 years to have Defense ranked in the top 10 in both points and yards allowed.

Just sayin'......

:p

"You got a winner in town... just sayin" -Buddy Ryan.

Those were some very ugly teams to watch. I hated that guy. The defense was good but as GM he devoted everything to putting together a D and left us with the worst offense in football... just sayin'.

This will probably leave me open to hearing it all the time, but. Is there a more annoyingly passive-aggressive phrase than "just sayin"? People just toss it onto the end of any sentence that might be controversial or something totally unsubstantiated and because they are "just sayin" it absolves them from having to stand by it.

"Just sayin's" ugly cousin on this board is the shrug face.

For example:

People who say "just saying", more prone to spousal abuse :shrug:

And that concludes Phrazbit's aggressive rant on passive-aggressive internet vernacular... just sayin.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"You got a winner in town... just sayin" -Buddy Ryan.

Those were some very ugly teams to watch. I hated that guy. The defense was good but as GM he devoted everything to putting together a D and left us with the worst offense in football... just sayin'.

This will probably leave me open to hearing it all the time, but. Is there a more annoyingly passive-aggressive phrase than "just sayin"? People just toss it onto the end of any sentence that might be controversial or something totally unsubstantiated and because they are "just sayin" it absolves them from having to stand by it.

"Just sayin's" ugly cousin on this board is the shrug face.

For example:

People who say "just saying", more prone to spousal abuse :shrug:

And that concludes Phrazbit's aggressive rant on passive-aggressive internet vernacular... just sayin.

Yes, several thousand probably.

A fan who cares

Veteran
Reaction score
The cardinals would make history if they cut their HC before week 1 of the PRESEASON!! We would have a interum coach for the rest of the season lol

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don't know why nobody gives Whiz credit for Warner. Let's see, he was let go from the Rams, Coughlin benches him with a 5-3 record to go with Eli, and he was barely pursued at all after that, meaning everyone thought he was washed up. Whiz has pressure b/c of ML being a 1st rd pick to play him over KW. After seeing what KW can do, he sticks with him and gets us minutes away form winning the Superbowl. KW then retires unexpectedly and we're left with who? ML, who's proven he cares more about the perks of being famous than leading a team. Yes, DA/Hall/Skelton was a terrible sub, but Bulger didn't do crap, Hasselbeck...meh... That year was a lost cause no matter who coached it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why nobody gives Whiz credit for Warner. Let's see, he was let go from the Rams, Coughlin benches him with a 5-3 record to go with Eli, and he was barely pursued at all after that, meaning everyone thought he was washed up. Whiz has pressure b/c of ML being a 1st rd pick to play him over KW. After seeing what KW can do, he sticks with him and gets us minutes away form winning the Superbowl. KW then retires unexpectedly and we're left with who? ML, who's proven he cares more about the perks of being famous than leading a team. Yes, DA/Hall/Skelton was a terrible sub, but Bulger didn't do crap, Hasselbeck...meh... That year was a lost cause no matter who coached it.

no way. Hasselbeck gets us into the playoffs EASILY. He was who I wanted us to target. The guy made chickensalad out of chicken-ish in Tennessee with an out of shape Chris Johnson and zero WRs. You put him back there last year and this team probably wins 10 games.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no way. Hasselbeck gets us into the playoffs EASILY. He was who I wanted us to target. The guy made chickensalad out of chicken-ish in Tennessee with an out of shape Chris Johnson and zero WRs. You put him back there last year and this team probably wins 10 games.

This I agree with.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You put him back there last year and this team probably wins 10 games.

disagree, but it might have happened. Our D struggled for at least half the year & Hasselback has never even been in Warner's stratosphere as an NFL QB.

How many times since 1977 have the Cards won 10 reg season games?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disagree, but it might have happened. Our D struggled for at least half the year & Hasselback has never even been in Warner's stratosphere as an NFL QB.

How many times since 1977 have the Cards won 10 reg season games?

if Drek and Drek's friend Crap won 8 games together, Hasselback could have won 10. Even with the 10 struggling the first half of the year, we were losing close games, games a QB with some modicum of talent would have won.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
If you actually look objectively at the choices we've had at QB, you'll see that Whiz couldn't have done much with the position. Leinart being unmotivated and injury prone ruined the "plan." I go back and look at what alternatives he had and it's not pretty. As far as free agency goes, outside of going for a bandaid in Hasselbeck instead of gambling on a long term solution in Kolb last year, there was nothing. Most of you, as well as Fitz and most everyone agreed that Kolb was the best choice at the time.

As for drafts, if we knew we didn't like Leinart after Warner left, our choices were Clausen, McCoy, Kafka. Skelton is arguably more successful than any of those guys.

2011 we could have passed on Patrick Peterson and taken Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, or Dalton. Ok, Dalton would have been decent but I wouldn't give up PP for him at this point. Can't think of a reasonable way we could have gotten both.

This year what would you have him do? Taken Weeden or Osweller instead of Floyd? Everyone with a brain would have called either of those picks massive reaches whether we had Kolb on the roster or not.

Good QBs don't grow on trees. At any given time, there's going to be teams on the short end of the stick. In spite of that, we made our best effort to get Peyton freaking Manning this off-season. He stated Denver was his team and he wanted to stay in the AFC. I personally believe that no matter how much cap space we had he wouldn't have come here because of that.

Whiz has done the best he can with the QB situation. We haven't been bad enough to get a Newton or Luck. We weren't the choice of the once in a lifetime free agent for no fault of our own. I don't blame Whiz for circumstances beyond his control. If anything, Skelton cost us a legit chance at Luck or RG3 and that's a good thing. Winning is better than tanking.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you actually look objectively at the choices we've had at QB, you'll see that Whiz couldn't have done much with the position. Leinart being unmotivated and injury prone ruined the "plan." I go back and look at what alternatives he had and it's not pretty. As far as free agency goes, outside of going for a bandaid in Hasselbeck instead of gambling on a long term solution in Kolb last year, there was nothing. Most of you, as well as Fitz and most everyone agreed that Kolb was the best choice at the time.

As for drafts, if we knew we didn't like Leinart after Warner left, our choices were Clausen, McCoy, Kafka. Skelton is arguably more successful than any of those guys.

2011 we could have passed on Patrick Peterson and taken Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, or Dalton. Ok, Dalton would have been decent but I wouldn't give up PP for him at this point. Can't think of a reasonable way we could have gotten both.

This year what would you have him do? Taken Weeden or Osweller instead of Floyd? Everyone with a brain would have called either of those picks massive reaches whether we had Kolb on the roster or not.

Good QBs don't grow on trees. At any given time, there's going to be teams on the short end of the stick. In spite of that, we made our best effort to get Peyton freaking Manning this off-season. He stated Denver was his team and he wanted to stay in the AFC. I personally believe that no matter how much cap space we had he wouldn't have come here because of that.

Whiz has done the best he can with the QB situation. We haven't been bad enough to get a Newton or Luck. We weren't the choice of the once in a lifetime free agent for no fault of our own. I don't blame Whiz for circumstances beyond his control. If anything, Skelton cost us a legit chance at Luck or RG3 and that's a good thing. Winning is better than tanking.

Fantastic post!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A few "woulda coulda" thoughts on QB.

1. If cutting Leinart was even a remote possibility then taking a QB in the first few rounds of the 2010 draft should have been a must.

2. Not drafting Ryan Mallet when he slipped all the way to the 3rd round in 2011 was absolutely nuts. I dont care if they were stupid enough to already have a secret deal in place for Kolb. At that point our QB situation was Skelton and Max Hall (who was almost certainly going to get waived). Not taking a 3rd round flier on a guy with as much talent as Mallet... just didnt make any sense.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The QB situation will all be fixed next year with the drafting of Tyler Wilson. That doesn't do a whole lot for this year though :(.

If Skelton could complete 58-60% of his passes, he'd be legit. I don't think that % is unreasonable at all for a NFL QB. Skelton could make that jump but we'll have to see.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

:yeahthat:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
TIME TO BE HONEST FIRE WHIZENSTUPID NOW.

Even the people on ESPN, FoxSports, SI have all talked about how WHiz has handled or lack of handling of QB's since his tenor here as head coach.

From his demoralization of Matt to his treatment now of John Skelton. Then man just can not judge QB's. At Pit he wanted to bench Big Ben.

PLease enough is enough

Sir, you are not worthy enough to carry the Whizenators headset cord.

Not denying that the 2010 QB situation could have been handled better, but Whisenhunt coached this team to the lead in the superbowl with 2:47 remaining in the 4th quarter. Then captained the 2009 season to 10 wins and another division title.

With the 2011 season in serious jeopardy of becoming one of our all time worst, he managed to right the ship, and get us back to .500. Correct me if I'm wrong bob cat, but how many non-Ken-Whisenhunt, non-losing seasons have the cardinals had in the last 30 years?

For better or for worse, KW has a pretty long leash right now. Maybe the QB position will eventually be his downfall. In the not-for-long environment he's in, that actually seems like a distinct possibility. But, Ken will certainly have all of 2011 to show that he can resolve this issue, and probably all of 2012.

But thanks for that comical post though. You meant that to be a joke, right?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I really think Hasselbeck would have lasted 2 games at most before being knocked out for the season. He's pretty brittle at this point, and behind our line last year he would have gotten killed.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sir, you are not worthy enough to carry the Whizenators headset cord.

Not denying that the 2010 QB situation could have been handled better, but Whisenhunt coached this team to the lead in the superbowl with 2:47 remaining in the 4th quarter. Then captained the 2009 season to 10 wins and another division title.

With the 2011 season in serious jeopardy of becoming one of our all time worst, he managed to right the ship, and get us back to .500. Correct me if I'm wrong bob cat, but how many non-Ken-Whisenhunt, non-losing seasons have the cardinals had in the last 30 years?

For better or for worse, KW has a pretty long leash right now. Maybe the QB position will eventually be his downfall. In the not-for-long environment he's in, that actually seems like a distinct possibility. But, Ken will certainly have all of 2011 to show that he can resolve this issue, and probably all of 2012.

But thanks for that comical post though. You meant that to be a joke, right?

Sad isn't it that a Head Coach with a .500 regular season record after 5 years at the helm is considered one of the Cardinals best Head Coaches ever.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05