Today We Are looking At

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
This team;

1. Barbosa , a good b/u pg, sg

2. JJ - a budding star, good perimiter D, effective scorer when needed. /The glue guy.

3. Marion - A top quarter sf. All around game.

4. Amare - The guy. PF in mold of Malone. Keep him there.

5. Little Jake/ Vroman - Vroman will contribute more than Deng or Iguodala would the first year. He'll have a Majerle like impact on this particular team his first year. We're gonna love this guys husstle! Along with Jakes husstle, alot of teams are going to have trouble keeping up with this frontline. Me likes. :p

Add a Nash and this team will go. Nash and Barry even better :thumbup:

Also not to be overlooked, Re- signing McDyess . He is extremley versatile at this stage of his carreer. Gets Rebounds. Runs the floor.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I like all your opinions except the 5 spot...

We NEED a defense & Shot blocking in the paint next to Amare. That should be #1

Give me Dampier, or give me Martin, look for a trade for a Theo Ratliff I dont care... Just give me a tuff center who will be a force on D...

I also LOVE Nash, but after thinking it over, and over. Signing Berry for a much more cap friendly deal, and letting Barbosa/JJ/Berry all rotate at PG is my favorite plan.

I would much rather have productive players in the Backcourt, and focus our cap money to improve our BIG's....

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep saying I hope they give Adonel Foyle a good look at Center. He is a very good shot blocker, decent rebounder, and he can hit a 10-15 foot shot with consistency. I think he could be had for a four-year deal starting at $3-4 million at the most.

Joe Mama

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
I keep saying I hope they give Adonel Foyle a good look at Center. He is a very good shot blocker, decent rebounder, and he can hit a 10-15 foot shot with consistency. I think he could be had for a four-year deal starting at $3-4 million at the most.

Joe Mama
Look I am desperate for a shotblocking center... If he is a what you say, then I am all for that...

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I did a quik search on Adonel Foyle, they guy does miss alot of games.

But for only playing 18.8 min's per game he still gets 1.85 blocks per game. Thats awfully good.

He isnt the "ideal" guy, but I do agree he would be a very good guy to bring in since he wont cost much at all...

3 guys I am hoping the Suns get are now: Foyal, Berry, McDyess...

scotsman13

Reaction score
BEERZ said:
I like all your opinions except the 5 spot...

We NEED a defense & Shot blocking in the paint next to Amare. That should be #1

Give me Dampier, or give me Martin, look for a trade for a Theo Ratliff I dont care... Just give me a tuff center who will be a force on D...

I also LOVE Nash, but after thinking it over, and over. Signing Berry for a much more cap friendly deal, and letting Barbosa/JJ/Berry all rotate at PG is my favorite plan.

I would much rather have productive players in the Backcourt, and focus our cap money to improve our BIG's....

i agree we need defense and shot blocking out of our 5's. dampier could be a short term answer. he is 30 years old and will be 31 before the start of the season. also you have to question a player who almost doubles their rebounding numbers in just one year in only 6 minute more per game when they are 30 years old in a contact year. also dampier has had some injury concerns over his time in the nba.

barry is a very nice player who we maybe able to get for 2 years (contacts signed before must end by end of the season that they turn 35, or something along those lines). he also has had some very real injury concerns. he has never played every game in a season and this last year he missed 23 games.

nash is the healthest of all of them and the youngest. also nash is a ufa. so if he wants to play for the suns we dont have to worry about a bidding war with cuban. unless cuban throws the bank at him at 12:01 then it may not matter. also he can see what has been said and done this off season that he wont be playing with his friend dirk much long. i hate to say it but i think he will be the best person for us to go after.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
I did a quik search on Adonel Foyle, they guy does miss alot of games.

But for only playing 18.8 min's per game he still gets 1.85 blocks per game. Thats awfully good.

He isnt the "ideal" guy, but I do agree he would be a very good guy to bring in since he wont cost much at all...

3 guys I am hoping the Suns get are now: Foyal, Berry, McDyess...

Plus, Foyle is ugly as sin. Anyone else think he looks like an orc from LOTR? On the bright side, he is a pretty intelligent guy, which wouldn't hurt in the old clubhouse.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

Absolutely agreed.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barry? Okay. Nash? No. We are white enough already. And yes, I am a basketball racist. I want the best. And they are black.

If the best were all Turkish, I'd want them. I want the best.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
That has got to be one of the most absurd thing I have read, you have lost a great deal of credibility with that statement. O.K. Isiah

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Barry? Okay. Nash? No. We are white enough already. And yes, I am a basketball racist. I want the best. And they are black.

Unless the Suns trade for a black PG, they are really stuck aren't they? :wave:

I think it will come down to price. Both Nash and Barry will require more than the MLE. Mark Cuban has Nash's Bird rights and more money than God. I don't like the Sun's odds there. Seattle is a mess and won't get into to a bidding war with the Suns.

Back to the center - it is really simple. There are three "mid range" centers being considered: Blount, Foyle, and Etan Thomas. There are almost 30 teams that could use a good big man and have at least an MLE. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think any of these guys are going for LESS than $5 million.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

at the risk of getting blasted the way you are about to I'm going to chime in on this "basketball racist" idea. If we are talking about frontcourt players and swingman for the most part I agree with you. The best are almost always black. But this team needs the best shooters more than anything except the inside presence on defense. For the most part that is where the white guys still hold the upper hand. At least that's why we are discussing these two white guys, Brent Barry and Steve Nash.

Another player we really haven't discussed is Turkoglu (I know I massacred the spelling of his name). Of course if we want to avoid Foyle because he is ugly there's no way we should consider Hedu. :)

Joe Mama

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
at the risk of getting blasted the way you are about to I'm going to chime in on this "basketball racist" idea. If we are talking about frontcourt players and swingman for the most part I agree with you. The best are almost always black. But this team needs the best shooters more than anything except the inside presence on defense. For the most part that is where the white guys still hold the upper hand. At least that's why we are discussing these two white guys, Brent Barry and Steve Nash.

Another player we really haven't discussed is Turkoglu (I know I massacred the spelling of his name). Of course if we want to avoid Foyle because he is ugly there's no way we should consider Hedu. :)

Joe Mama

I didn't want Robert Swift because he will scare children. :D

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
Choosing a player or, not choosing a player because of their color or race, is ridiculous. I just don’t see the relevance. What ever happened to choosing a player based on his contributions to a team?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I didn't want Robert Swift because he will scare children. :D

Doesn't he look like one of the children of the corn? I actually really like Robert Swift. Last night, Jay Bilas said that if Swift went to college and played for two years he would probably be the first pick in the draft. There's a reason Seattle took him so high without even seeing him in a workout.

Joe Mama

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
WildBB said:
This team;

2. JJ - a budding star, good perimiter D, effective scorer when needed. /The glue guy.

5. Little Jake/ Vroman - Vroman will contribute more than Deng or Iguodala would the first year. He'll have a Majerle like impact on this particular team his first year. We're gonna love this guys husstle! Along with Jakes husstle, alot of teams are going to have trouble keeping up with this frontline. Me likes. :p

Also not to be overlooked, Re- signing McDyess . He is extremley versatile at this stage of his carreer. Gets Rebounds. Runs the floor.

i can't beleive how many of you are counting on anything from the sausage king. he's a second round pick for a reason. the ones that contribute are few and far between. they also tend not to be complete surprises (boozer and van exel both slid and played in high profile programs).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
Look I am desperate for a shotblocking center... If he is a what you say, then I am all for that...

why has no one brought up the fact that adonal is an undersized no-offense center? the dude's only 6'9 and has NO offense whatsoever.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

uh, skorp, you do realize that barry is white too, right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
That has got to be one of the most absurd thing I have read, you have lost a great deal of credibility with that statement. O.K. Isiah

you can include larry legend in that company. and though it may sound ugly, it's pretty true.

how many peeps here think that if we put an entire squad of the best current white ballplayers together that they would be a champion? in the playoffs?

i for one don't think the team would be very good.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
you can include larry legend in that company. and though it may sound ugly, it's pretty true.

how many peeps here think that if we put an entire squad of the best current white ballplayers together that they would be a champion? in the playoffs?

i for one don't think the team would be very good.

Before I respond to this, I'm going to research it a bit.

I'm sick and tired of people thinking that black basketball players are strictly "better" basketball players. Athletes, maybe. I've played against many black players... and have whooped their ass.

To me, basketball has no color. You can either play or you can't.

Athleticism only gets you so far. It's what's upstairs that elevates you to another level.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
A team of:

PG: Steve Nash
F: Brad Miller
F: Andrei Kirilenko
SG: Peja Stojakovic
FC: Dirk Nowitzki

Bench:
Brent Barry
Matt Harpring
Manu Ginobli
Keith Van Horn
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

My guess is that team is pretty good.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
why has no one brought up the fact that adonal is an undersized no-offense center? the dude's only 6'9 and has NO offense whatsoever.

How much offense do you actually think we NEED at the center spot??

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
sly fly said:
A team of:

PG: Steve Nash
F: Brad Miller
F: Andrei Kirilenko
SG: Peja Stojakovic
FC: Dirk Nowitzki

Bench:
Brent Barry
Matt Harpring
Manu Ginobli
Keith Van Horn
Zydrunas Ilgauskas

My guess is that team is pretty good.

Isn't Ginobili considered Hispanic?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
WildBB said:
This team;

Even with Nash, Barry, and McDyess, this team at best is the #6 team in the Western Conference with little chance to compete against the top teams. But thanks for making me laugh by suggesting that Vroman will contribute more this year than Igoudala and Deng.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
How much offense do you actually think we NEED at the center spot??

just enough to keep the other team's center honest, and i don't think he possesses that. just not a big foyle fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake