Today's games...

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Argh...Kobe misses a free throw but the Wizards don't get the rebound.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
******* Turiaf is like a 6 year old out there. Runs around the court after the game chasing the ball like a ******.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Nick Young is exactly the type of trash player that would kill the suns, but pisses himself against the lakers.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
******* Turiaf is like a 6 year old out there. Runs around the court after the game chasing the ball like a ******.
No kidding... he seems to be like a little kid jumping up and down on the side.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Darth says is true. Kobe is as was stated of most superstars, put under a microscope. He passed the ball because odom was wide open for the shot and he was being double teamed on a difficult drive. It was ABSOLUTELY the correct basketball decision contrary to what other posters herehave to say because they simply hate on Kobe regardless what he does. The point Darth was making, i believe, was that if Kobe goes for the difficult shot in the very same situation and misses then all the haters say hes a hog, shouldnt have taken the contested shot and passed to the open man, he obviously doesnt trust his teamates etc.... He made the proper decision, Odom didnt come through. Simple as that.

Funny thing is, Kobe ALWAYS makes that pass...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He made it years ago and Horry made a huge gamewinner against Portland. Lamar missed it last night. Fisher missed the SAME SHOT again tonight with a chance to win it in regulation. Kobe loves to drive, get the double and kick out for the corner three at the buzzer. I remember so many times he's done it successfully, and here we have two games in a row where he does it and it failed. It's damn near a bread and butter for him. He's got the elbow jumper, the drive and kick corner three and the two dribble fadeaway as his go to moves for end of games. I wish he'd just drive, sometimes.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick Young blew this game.

Phil's sub of Sasha on Young to combat his length forced him into a terrible shot that he was getting off nicely against Fish.

Since Young had a career night and was the reason why they almost won the game, I think the credit should really go to Phil and Sasha...really good substitution there (and I usually think Phil is mental in his sub patterns...he tests out random crap for the most part).

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat

And I love every ounce of that childlike joy.

No kidding.... isnt a GM or coach in the league that wouldnt like that kind of energy comming off the bench.

He is a great teamate, always positive, never complains. and actually has FUN.... Yeah... what a jerk.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GS beat the grizz.

utah beats down SA.

so good so far.

mavs need to beat lakers.

suns need to beat the twolves.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Dallas with an 11-point lead over the Lakers with 3:00 to go in the second.

Why do I feel like Dallas could have an 11-point lead with 3:00 to go in the fourth and still lose?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas with an 11-point lead over the Lakers with 3:00 to go in the second.

Why do I feel like Dallas could have an 11-point lead with 3:00 to go in the fourth and still lose?

because that's what usually happens every time we see Nash lead us into their arena.

But I agree. I'll be surprised if the Lakes lose this one, even down 11. But come on Mavs! Get us back in a first place tie tonight!

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How frickin' great is the NBA right now? We've been watching main event games with big implications like this one for the past month and it's just an appentizer for the main course starting in a couple weeks.

We're gonna have a month and a half of this every single day! And the WC ain't like the NFL's parity where you have a lot of mediocre teams, in the west you have a lot of damn good teams that are even.

I hope we get houston in the first so I can at least relax and enjoy the other serieses before stressing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can the Mavs be any bigger choke-artists if they tried? Jesus!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kobe's been crying all game long.
they dont want to T him up, do they?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Mavs are so freaking pathetic. We MUST crush them on Sunday. No letting them hang around. Just bury them and put them out of their choking-dog misery. Seriously, pathetic.