Today's games...

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
You realise this is detroit we are talking about, right? Last time the lakers and detroit played, detroit won by a single point. Does that mean LA is not a good team and "needs to elevate their game"? No it means that detroit is a solid team.

They were down rip hamilton but we had a very rusty bell and it was AT detroit. Beating them by say, double digits, is not a realistic goal since they are a solid playoff team who only seems to have an allergy to cleveland.

Right now if I had to take boston or detroit in the playoffs I would take detroit 5 to 1.

uhhhhh yes.... But again, you shouldnt put yourself in a position where one call can screw you.

And so its Detroit? They havent been really dominating lately. Yes we lost to them by one point but we also are without our starting center, starting forward, backup center, and 6th man so were not worried.

With their number 1 scorer out, you guys should definetly have a double digit lead. Well at least i think so but maybe i have a higher respect for your team than you do?

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I don't just blindly cheer for the Lakers. I love them, I do, but I try to keep my emotions in check. I don't think they are a lock for anything except 1 out of 8 playoff spots. I don't agree with most media already crowning them champions, I think their injury problems might be too much to overcome this year.

The only reason you and I tangle is because I don't like the way you bash them whenever they lose, and don't say a word when they win. The only reason you and I don't get along is because I respect your team, but you don't respect mine. I'm not a Suns fan, but I will at least admit they are a good team with a realistic shot at a title. If you could do the same of your opponents, we would probably get along a lot better.

But guess what,same here,when there's a bad call favoring the Suns,I'd mention that too.Despite how I dislike the Spurs,I thought yesterday Ginobili was the innocent one in Stackhouse play,and I said here.

When I wrote in 'why lakers the team to beat",like it or not,I gave my opinions and never attacked anyone personally,but you and Donald fired up:),said things like not knowing anything about the game etc etc.

What I've said was what you said now,the media is calling them champions already when there's a big road ahead in the West,the 8 th and 1st team has 5 games differences.

I said Lakers guards are too inconsistent and that can cost in 7 games play-off's.Vujacic was terrific today,but you know he can do bad turnovers and go 1-7 behind the arc next game,same for Farmar,and consistency is important in play-off's.As much as I hate to say,I said still the Spurs are the team to beat in the West.

Otherwise Kobe is the best player in the NBA-still claiming Lebron deserved more this year and yes it sounds silly Kobe not getting the regular season MVP for a very long time-,Lamar Odom,I have big respect,even the fighter Turiaf,and P.Jackson is a legendary coach already.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ellis fouled Fisher, Fisher fouled Ellis. Ellis was pushing him forward, and Fish while falling from the pushing used his left arm to bring Ellis down with him.

Should have been a no-call, IMO.

Fish agrees with me:

0.4 Fisher said:
"I thought it was going to be a no-call, just two guys fall down and the play goes on," Fisher said. "So when the whistle blew, it caught me off-guard as well. ... I don't think anybody was necessarily guilty of anything, but from the angle that Bob had, it looked [Ellis] had his hands to my chest, which he did. But like I said, I wasn't trying to fall down at all in that situation."

Huh, my 25K post. Very underwhelming.

Last edited:

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
if dallas loses to denver---it s 86-92 now-,and then to warriors in oakland next game,they might seriously be out..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
and Memphis dispatches the Lakers in L.A. wow

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
awesome.

cannot believe memphis pulled it off

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I haven't seen the last two games, lakers fans what the hell happened? How did you go from being the most dangerous team in the west to looking like the same team from the last 3 years?

I know gasol is out, but memphis and charlotte at home?

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
L.A. attempted 45!!!! threes! Looks like they're really missing the inside scoring of Gasol and Bynum.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Kobe is awesome, but why on earth would you, Kobe, i.e. - one of the best basketball players on the planet, who's been on fire the whole game, give up the final shot to a guy who, in this game, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat?

MVP or not, that was not a smart decision.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Kobe is awesome, but why on earth would you, Kobe, i.e. - one of the best basketball players on the planet, who's been on fire the whole game, give up the final shot to a guy who, in this game, couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat?

MVP or not, that was not a smart decision.

Because when he doesn't, people call him a ball hog. Kobe will get the shaft no matter what he does. If he takes the shot and it goes in, he's a hero but a ball hog. If he shoots it and it doesn't go in, he'll get bashed all week for not dishing. If he dishes and the guy misses, he gets flack for not taking the shot.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because when he doesn't, people call him a ball hog. Kobe will get the shaft no matter what he does. If he takes the shot and it goes in, he's a hero but a ball hog. If he shoots it and it doesn't go in, he'll get bashed all week for not dishing. If he dishes and the guy misses, he gets flack for not taking the shot.

qft

oneofthesedays

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't seen the last two games, lakers fans what the hell happened? How did you go from being the most dangerous team in the west to looking like the same team from the last 3 years?

I know gasol is out, but memphis and charlotte at home?

That is your answer right there. I don't understand why these losses are puzzling to anyone. Look at the Laker roster right now, it is identical to the 2005-2007 roster for the most part. Those teams lost games like these and played .500 ball for the most part. What's going on now should be no surprise.

The Lakers have no post presence on offense and no interior defense to stop penetration. Teams with quick penetrating guards like CHA and MEM can attack the rim at will and then zone us to death on offense forcing us to become a perimeter oriented team. Make no mistake, the Lakers made the jump to an elite team this year because of the emergence of a real POST OPTION. With Bynum the Lakers climbed to the #1 seed, and with Pau they did it again. When both of those big fellas come back the Lakers will be ready to go.

It may not all happen this season, but we have a very bright future ahead of us for the next 5 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05