Todd Heap

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The problem is that it is just Warner. If he had come back last year, we would have won the division again. When Warner left, he took the heart of the team with him. How do you think the Colts would play if they suddenly lost Payton? Some people are bigger than life and for two years that was Kurt Warner and the Cardinals.

As far as dismantling the defense is concerned, it might have worked if they weren't having to play 60% of the snaps. It's really disheartening to hand over a turn over to your offense and watch them go 3 and out. How many times did that happen? After a while, everyone drops into mediocrity and you start losing all the close games.

Actually it went down like this. By the end of the 2009 season Warner knew the Cards were going to dismantle the team to save money. That Boldin, and Dansby, and Rolle, and Okeafor would be gone and no help would be coming in free agency and knew that even he couldn't win with what was left so he retired.

As for your take on staying on the field too long the Cards Defense gave up 426 points in 2008 while the offense was rolling over opposing defenses. That won't wash. Sorry.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How many playoff games did Coryell win and how many has Wiz won?

Vince Tobin won a playoff game. A fine legacy he left us. Rewind back to the year 2000. Just a short 2 years since the Cards fantastic win over Dallas in the playoffs, the roster dismantled. The team Tobin and McGinnis and the Bidwills built raced to a 3-13 record and were outscored by a mere 233 points.

Now fast forward to 2010. Just a short 2 years removed from an NFC Championship, the roster dismantled the team CKW, Graves and Michael B built raced to a 5-11 record and were outscored by a mere 145 points.

Well now that I look at it you could say things are improving.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vince Tobin won a playoff game. A fine legacy he left us. Harken back to the year 2000. Just a short 2 years since the Cards fantastic win over Dallas in the playoffs, the roster dismantled. The team Tobin and McGinnis and the Bidwills built raced to a 3-13 record and were outscored by a mere 233 points.

Did you ever see the movie "Chicago". Remember the attorney who tap danced and sang ever time he was asked a question he couldn't answer. Is that what just happend here? :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually it went down like this. By the end of the 2009 season Warner knew the Cards were going to dismantle the team to save money. That Boldin, and Dansby, and Rolle, and Okeafor would be gone and no help would be coming in free agency and knew that even he couldn't win with what was left so he retired.

As for your take on staying on the field too long the Cards Defense gave up 426 points in 2008 while the offense was rolling over opposing defenses. That won't wash. Sorry.

Warner retired before that went down and he would have retired if the Cards had acquired the top 10 OL's available. That last hit he took in the last game made up his mind for him.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did you ever see the movie "Chicago". Remember the attorney who tap danced and sang ever time he was asked a question he couldn't answer. Is that what just happend here? :D

40 you are the master at tap dancing. There was a guy I used to play golf with who carried around an excuse book. I used to think about you every time he pulled it out. Have to hand it to you though I've never seen anyone who could come up with more incredible excuses for a pitiful football team than you.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Vince Tobin won a playoff game. A fine legacy he left us. Rewind back to the year 2000. Just a short 2 years since the Cards fantastic win over Dallas in the playoffs, the roster dismantled. The team Tobin and McGinnis and the Bidwills built raced to a 3-13 record and were outscored by a mere 233 points.

Now fast forward to 2010. Just a short 2 years removed from an NFC Championship, the roster dismantled the team CKW, Graves and Michael B built raced to a 5-11 record and were outscored by a mere 145 points.

Well now that I look at it you could say things are improving.

depressed

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40 you are the master at tap dancing. There was a guy I used to play golf with who carried around an excuse book. I used to think about you every time he pulled it out. Have to hand it to you though I've never seen anyone who could come up with more incredible excuses for a pitiful football team than you.

At least I answer the questions directly.;)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Look activity is one thing but it needs to be good activity.

Instead we are replacing former Pro Bowlers like Derek Anderson.

D*uudee, thhshshsu dr$$;ips dfro$$$m you#%r sarcasm aRE sho00rting out !&my k**eybo"@ard

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your taking this from casual football fans about guard play? Sounds like typical fan speak whom seem to bash most players now that they are gone.

complete and utter false presumptions. the wife's family has had season tickets to the Pack for generations and went to last year's Super Bowl and is one of the most knowledgeable female fans i know and my best friend is just as much a die-hard as I am, who's family has had season tickets for the Cardinals since 1988 and knows just as much about football as I do.

And even if what you say about the wife is true (which it isn't)... for what possible reason would the husband (who's a die-hard cardinals fan) bash a guy that we just got from the Packers? If he was good, you'd think he'd be STOKED for the move.

YOU KNOW this happens. He certainly HAS to be better than who he is replacing (faneca wouldn't you say)

god I hope so, but that is an incredibly low bar we've set for ourselves.

Why do you call Eason camp fodder? He isnt terribly old and is defintiely decent deoth where we need it. Is he a sexy pick up? No. But camp fodder? Come on bro?

i bet he makes next to no impact. he signed for peanuts. if he was a solid player who signed for peanuts, why wouldn't the steelers have kept him? probably because, as usual, they know the right time to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.

Well many people in the NFL like this kid. Even Jaworski I think it was saying the kid has OB talent. He is a BIG inside LBer which is just what we need. Low risk high reward type of signing.

i don't see him as low risk... and it has nothing to do with his salary. he's high risk because you KNOW we're going to be depending on him to start and he hasn't been good/healthy since 2008.

Of course he hasn't played well since 2008. He wad an ACL tear in )( and was on his first year back last season. You know most people take a full 2 years before they are back to 100%.. Its cool that you arent enamored with it. but the kid absolutely HAS TALENT!

he HAD talent in 2008. whatever he has left is a mystery and depending on a mystery usually leads to misery for this team.

Alot of Hyperbole in here too my friend. Toler showed more than you give him credit for and so did Daryl Washington.

toler graded out worse than DRC last year, who everyone agrees was pretty terrible last year. that's not hyperbole. it's fact dude.

and washington got bounced off the field by a LBer with back problems who was completely inept. that's not hyperbole either Shane. it's what happened.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Did you ever see the movie "Chicago".

Yeah...2 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

I kicked my son out of the house until he broke up with the girl that recommend that I see it!

I'm going to do the same thing to Rod Graves if we don't start signing some quality free agents to plug holes...wait...they're all gone now...I guess the scrap Heap (misspelled on purpose BIM...I'm trying to make a point...so don't fix it!) is all we got let to look forward to.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
@cheesebeef -- I read through this 10 page thread and saw numerous posts from you trashing Heap and pretty much all of our other signings, but you never suggested any sort of alternatives. So, who specifically do you think would be a better pickup than Heap at this point? Or do you think Spach/Dray are a better option?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Heap would be a GREAT addition! aside from his age, and the fact we have 100 TE's now, he has the most experience of any TE on the roster. He has an amazing knack to get open and has always been extremely reliable in terms of picking up 1st downs and making clutch plays, something the Cards haven't had in a TE in quite a while, to say the least. This trade would make Spach expendable, so expect him to be released immediately after.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, the off season hope fades over the first few weeks of the season, then the despair builds through the holidays,...with the suicide watch starting mid january.......... being a Cards fan makes millions for therapists and Pfizer.....

Thats going to be my new sig, when ever I can have one :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@cheesebeef -- I read through this 10 page thread and saw numerous posts from you trashing Heap and pretty much all of our other signings, but you never suggested any sort of alternatives. So, who specifically do you think would be a better pickup than Heap at this point? Or do you think Spach/Dray are a better option?

I think it would be nice if they even made an attempt to go after Miller. i'd like to see us go after Kevin Boss instead of Heap.

i think it would have been nice to get Breaston back, or go after James Jones, or Malcolm Floyd, neither of whom i was crazy about instead of complete and utter garbage like Chansi Stuckey.

I would have liked to see us try and get the ILB from Tennesse who's name escapes me right now instead of Bradley.

I would have like to see us try and get a ton of available CBs over a guy who's rated as literally the worst DB in the game who we just signed form Carolina.

I would have like to see us go out and try and Dahl at G, or retain Lutui.

and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
toler graded out worse than DRC last year, who everyone agrees was pretty terrible last year. that's not hyperbole. it's fact dude.

Did you and shane figure out who has the bigger ******* yet?

Anywho, I was under the impression that Toler actually graded out better than DRC...at the very least in completions when targeted. I heard Jerblechi talking about it a few days ago.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Heap > Becht, Spach, Patrick, Dray, Pope and any other crappy TE we've had that for good reason slips my mind this evening.

That's all you need to know.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you and shane figure out who has the bigger ******* yet?

Shane knows better than to ask a question when he knows the answer will upset him.

Anywho, I was under the impression that Toler actually graded out better than DRC...at the very least in completions when targeted. I heard Jerblechi talking about it a few days ago.

eh i could be wrong! wouldn't be the first time.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I think it would be nice if they even made an attempt to go after Miller. i'd like to see us go after Kevin Boss instead of Heap.

i think it would have been nice to get Breaston back, or go after James Jones, or Malcolm Floyd, neither of whom i was crazy about instead of complete and utter garbage like Chansi Stuckey.

I would have liked to see us try and get the ILB from Tennesse who's name escapes me right now instead of Bradley.

I would have like to see us try and get a ton of available CBs over a guy who's rated as literally the worst DB in the game who we just signed form Carolina.

I would have like to see us go out and try and Dahl at G, or retain Lutui.

and those are just the ones off the top of my head.

ok, after that tirade I'm thinking shooting myself in the head would be the thing to do. Only thing is I'm old enough to remember Barney Fife and being an ex cop.......wait....where did I put that bullet?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Boss does seem like a nice combo of King and Heap, but as he hasn't been re-signed or signed by any other team, while still being a "name" TE we could draw the conclusion his salary expectations aren't in vogue with team expectations.
I do like him and wish he were coming here (and Heap ISN'T here, so it's not a dead dream.

With Early coming off frequent injury and looking at a contract year I do wonder if they want to test him out as the legit #2. He was drafted to be Boldin's replacement.

Tullock woulda been freaking amazing. He's a complete player. Also still available, but certainly not coming here. Still Bradley's an interesting piece of the puzzle and for a vet still has a level of unmet ceiling.

Still plenty of good G's available.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Heap > Becht, Spach, Patrick, Dray, Pope and any other crappy TE we've had that for good reason slips my mind this evening.

That's all you need to know.

Yeah, that's quite a bowl full of turds.