Tomlin is an ass

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tomlin appears to be the right man for the job, regardless of what skills he brings to the team.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
But if Tomlin did not impress in his interview he still would not have gotten the job regardless of his minority status.

Exactly my point... my contention is not that he is "Undeserving of the job", He is the 'Poster boy for the Rooney Rule'. Rooney pushed through an NFL policy that Black Head coach candidates must be interviewed, regardless of circumstances in an organization (btw, a good policy, but isn't it sad that you would have to mandidate this type of policy?). In this case, it was widely reported that Russ Grimm had been given the job - however Rooney saw that it might look bad against his own rule, reversed his decision and hired Tomlin... then sent out reports that he never did extend the offer to Grimm.

Tomlin has been a good coach for the Steelers, I think it is hard to question that point. I think he is more than a cheerleader like some suggest. However why did he already award Grimm the job in private? Grimm is a life long Pennsylvania guy, and a long-time Steeler Assistant. He is the perfect 'Steeler Guy'.... unless it was to save face with his own 'rule'.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I still would take Whis in a heartbeat.

I'm happier than you can possibly imagine to have him and of the two my money is on Whis to win more in his career but time will tell.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Yep. That might be the first time ever I've seen a championship winning owner and coach not congratulate the losing team on a great season and game. But, whatever.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Because he's not a good coach. He's coach rah-rah, letting his coordinaters do all the work.

Remember one thing, Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl and his legacy is that he is a moron.

Tomlin is Switzer v 2.0

You guys amaze me........really.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Tomlin didn't build anything. Completely overrated and handed a golden spoon. Steelers are a great team, and I won't be a sour fan like the Hawks fans were in 05, but Tomlin is overrated.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Wow... now I'm a racist?! It was widely reported the job was given to Russ Grimm, and Rooney had even told him personally that he could tell his family... all of the sudden, they pulled the carpet out from under Grimm to interview Tomlin, in order to stay in line with his own rule.

I'm not saying Tomlin is a terrible coach (that would be false and be a better argument to try and prove racism), I actually think he is a good coach. But he isn't as good as Ken Whisenhunt.

Look at where Grimm is now. Still an assistant coach. A position coach and not one single NFL team has him on their short list. Theres 32 yrs old Def backs coaches given reigns to lead teams and his man (Grimm) still cant score a serious look for a coaching job. Whats up with that ?

Steelers got it right.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've only read the first couple of posts, but I hope someone has had the sense to say something along the lines of "Tomlin is not required to 'give props' to the opponent he just beat.

Get over the fact that we lost. We did. The steelers deserve all of the attention, we deserve nothing from them. The nation will take note. The NFL will take note.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Look at where Grimm is now. Still an assistant coach. A position coach and not one single NFL team has him on their short list. Theres 32 yrs old Def backs coaches given reigns to lead teams and his man (Grimm) still cant score a serious look for a coaching job. Whats up with that ?

Steelers got it right.

Aren't you the guy who had his kid put on a Adrian Peterson jersey over his Hightower Jersey and the picture was plastered across AZCentral.com?

Maybe you ought to put on a Willie Parker jersey and be on your way rather than defending your new favorite team on our board

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Tomlin didn't build anything. Completely overrated and handed a golden spoon. Steelers are a great team, and I won't be a sour fan like the Hawks fans were in 05, but Tomlin is overrated.

If Tomlin is so overrated then why couldnt Cowher push them toward the postseason in his final season ? How much more did Cowher do under the headset than what Tomlin did.

And since youre so smart, tell us all what you would change if you were coach of the Steelers ? Fact is, if you coached and you made changes, JUST to make changes, YOU wouldnt be in this position to win a title. YOU would be on the streets lookin for another coaching gig because you tried to reinvent something that wasnt flawed in the first place.

Some of y'all have flawed thought processes.

Overrated.........heh. Yeah. Okay. Andy Reid calls a portion of his offensive plays and still hasnt won a title. Norvell Turner.

fdsgenesis

Reaction score
Grimm was never guaranteed the job. A local reporter reported it without any confirmation. As far as giving Arizona props, NFL network was not the only ones that interviewed Tomlin, Holmes, Ben, and Hines. I heard a lot of props for the Cardinals.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy who had his kid put on a Adrian Peterson jersey over his Hightower Jersey and the picture was plastered across AZCentral.com?

Maybe you ought to put on a Willie Parker jersey and be on your way rather than defending your new favorite team on our board

Youre sore man. You probably shouldnt post for 48 hrs because youre in an emotional pit right now. But im not gonna let you get to me. Say wtf you want............vent........But dont make idiotic, mindless comments about a coach who's won the trust of his troops. You nor anyone else here knows what goes into the gameplanning in anyones locker room.

Nice game.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Back to the thread title and let me preface by saying that i've not had a drop alcohol all day and nor am i a Cardinals fan, i'm a proud Cardinals supporter:
Yeah, I had always viewed the Steelers(and Tomlin included) as a class organization but for Tomlin to get up there on that podium and not mention one single reference to his opponent today was an act of classless arrogance. Where was the:
"Give credit to the Cardinals for playing a hard fought game"
or
"It was a dogfight to the end"
?????????????
What an a$$hole. I have a new team to hate along with the Patriots.
And somebody tell me WTF President Obama has to do with winning an NFL championship?
Rooney's 1st words when handed the Lombardi......"Thank God for President Obama" (or something to that effect).
Huh? I realize that he was a supporter of the campaign but....huh?
Well i guess the photo op is complete now when Tomlin goes to the white house(instead of Whiz) to pose with President Obama...."Anything's possible."
Yep
This SB was hor$e$h!t from the get go.
-------------------------
Props to the Cardinals for playing their guts out today and making us proud.
Lets hope this is a stepping stone for things to come.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Youre sore man. You probably shouldnt post for 48 hrs because youre in an emotional pit right now. But im not gonna let you get to me. Say wtf you want............vent........But dont make idiotic, mindless comments about a coach who's won the trust of his troops. You nor anyone else here knows what goes into the gameplanning in anyones locker room.

Nice game.

Nice game Trophy Town

Attachments

• Troph.jpg
    Troph.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 295

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Back to the thread title and let me preface by saying that i've not had a drop alcohol all day and nor am i a Cardinals fan, i'm a proud Cardinals supporter:
Yeah, I had always viewed the Steelers(and Tomlin included) as a class organization but for Tomlin to get up there on that podium and not mention one single reference to his opponent today was an act of classless arrogance. Where was the:
"Give credit to the Cardinals for playing a hard fought game"
or
"It was a dogfight to the end"
?????????????
What an a$$hole. I have a new team to hate along with the Patriots.
And somebody tell me WTF President Obama has to do with winning an NFL championship?
Rooney's 1st words when handed the Lombardi......"Thank God for President Obama" (or something to that effect).
Huh? I realize that he was a supporter of the campaign but....huh?
Well i guess the photo op is complete now when Tomlin goes to the white house(instead of Whiz) to pose with President Obama...."Anything's possible."
Yep
This SB was hor$e$h!t from the get go.
-------------------------
Good post,I've been watching highlights for hours now and not one mention of their opponent by ANY player or the coach. Just patting themselves on the back.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The arrogance is amazing,just heard Santonio Holmes thank the Steeler organization for believing in what a great & special player he could be. Also said he was disrespected by the Cards because they put a rookie covering him.
Yet in the interview with Fitz he gave credit to the Steelers twice.

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
The arrogance is amazing,just heard Santonio Holmes thank the Steeler organization for believing in what a great & special player he could be. Also said he was disrespected by the Cards because they put a rookie covering him.
Yet in the interview with Fitz he gave credit to the Steelers twice.
Holmes is a tool. Is a player really still considered a rookie after 24 games (pre-season included)? He's also very lucky the ref's looked the other way when he was using the football as a prop after his td. F him.

Mags87

Reaction score
Are you serious?

:mulli:

Arrogance aside, I still don't see why Tomlin gets so much flack as a coach.

please no sour grapes. he took over a team that didnt make it to the playoffs. no matter what they did the year before, they didnt make it to the playoffs. he's won two division titles in two years. this second one being very difficult cause of Baltimore. also he got a Super Bowl. you had us, im not gonna lie you did. He kept his cool, and pulled it off. there is no room for grudges. best game of the year, please dont call him over rated. he did what needed to be done. all respects to Whiz, he just did him one up.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You guys amaze me........really.

Hines Ward gave us props, but that is why he is a great player.

The fact your coach, and the rest of your organization didn't give props to the Cardinals for a good game. I am fine with that. Not real classy but who cares. I sure don't.

Thanks for stopping by after the game. A lot of what you said was right.

It was a great game. You guys won fair and square. You deserve the victory.

Now leave. I am tired of talking to Steeler fans, especially you.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
please no sour grapes. he took over a team that didnt make it to the playoffs. no matter what they did the year before, they didnt make it to the playoffs. he's won two division titles in two years. this second one being very difficult cause of Baltimore. also he got a Super Bowl. you had us, im not gonna lie you did. He kept his cool, and pulled it off. there is no room for grudges. best game of the year, please dont call him over rated. he did what needed to be done. all respects to Whiz, he just did him one up.

Great game.

Kudos to you and your team.

Thanks for the congrats in your other thread.

Now....buh-bye. We don't care about your feeling on any subject further. It is not sour grapes. But this is a Cardinals message board are we will talk about what we want.

So thanks again, and see you around.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Youre sore man. You probably shouldnt post for 48 hrs because youre in an emotional pit right now.

Then why are you here if you know that ? To rub our faces in it ?

An arrogant disgrace of a Steeler fan telling, a Cardinal fan not to post on a Cardinal message board? This is OUR message board. We will vent if we want.

You think we care about what you think about this subject. You are a disgrace. Why are you not on a Steeler forum ? Celebrating your win. You are pathetic.

Your arrogance is amazing. You are a very pompous and abrasive person. It was standable while talking smack during the last two weeks. But you have gotta your congrats, and you still don't leave? You are being a troll, disgracing youself, and tarnishing your team's victory. Too bad. I wouldn't be wasting my time with the opponent if we won. I would enjoy the victory with my fellow fans.

:banned:

Nice game.

Yes, it was. Thanks, and congrats. We are now done here. LEAVE. You jerk.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am sore man. I probably shouldnt post ever again cause I might get thrown into a pit right now. But im not gonna stop psotin until I get rightfully banned.

I say wtf I want............classless........

I make idiotic, mindless comments about a everything & my arrogance knows no bounds. I nor anyone else here knows what goes into being a human being I am more like rotting pile of flesh with no soul.

Nice game, too bad I am tarnishing that will my asinine comments.

And a suck donkey balls

Nice. good to see you are finally being honest.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The lack of class from Steelers and Steeler fans doesn't surprise me at all. These are Pennsylvanians after all. I was born and rasied here and have lived here all my life and in general Pennsylvanians have this need to rub it in.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Nice. good to see you are finally being honest.

Hit me up with a privat message. Ive got a few words for you. Some good, some not so. I came here to offer congrats and all youve done is throw $hit. But if you dont want then you can just wallow in your own $hit. Ive tried to be respectful. Tried. But hit me up with a private message.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05