Training camp opens in Flagstaff October 1, 2019

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Is there a factor that 3-point shooters from the corner tend to be
less closely guarded than in the backcourt?

It seems that most times Tucker shot from there he was open.

I don't know what the stats are, but it seems also that shots
from the corner in the All-Star weekend 3-point shooting
contests do better there than from the backcourt positions.

What do you think?
I think it's a combination of a few things. It's a shorter shot, the attempts tend to be less contested and most of the shots from there are also catch and shoot attempts. All of those things together equal a much better percentage from there than other spots of the floor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio expects to reach his prime with the Suns. This would be awesome.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Cheick Diallo plans to prove naysayers wrong.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think it's a combination of a few things. It's a shorter shot, the attempts tend to be less contested and most of the shots from there are also catch and shoot attempts. All of those things together equal a much better percentage from there than other spots of the floor.
Teams double from the guy standing in the corner. He is closest to the lane on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It sounds like Cheick Diallo plans to prove naysayers wrong.

Love guys that have something to prove. Even if they don’t play much that energy is always a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In regard to the corner shot being less contested I agree with this for the most part.

I've never seen so many long passes to the corner as in recent years. I guess it's a strong side versus a weak side thing. Some of the inside players are throwing strikes to the corner as well. Giannis comes to mind doing this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love guys that have something to prove. Even if they don’t play much that energy is always a plus.

It sounds like Rubio and Diallo have something to prove. I would think Saric does as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson should thrive as the third guard coming off the bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm listening to Kellan Olson at Flagstaff on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.

A couple of notes:

Keep hearing good things about Ty Jerome as a backup point guard.

Suns don't expect Ayton to take over a leadership role at his young age.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues seeing all the embedded tweets (and twitter) on Chrome? Both Mac and PC?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
None here. If they aren't loading it is typically work restrictions
It's not--I have no problem seeing tweets on Firefox or Safari. Twitter.com is looking weird as well. It looks like it's restricted to Mac -> Chrome -> Twitter. Every other site looks fine.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues seeing all the embedded tweets (and twitter) on Chrome? Both Mac and PC?

My tweets load fine but I am having a problem where it takes awhile for my posts to load. Sometimes when I push "post reply" again I get a double post and have to delete one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Jerome and Jevon Carter are getting lots of love from Monty Williams when he talks about backup point guard.

"I think we have to play more, but the fit will mean more than anything, maybe over the talent," Suns coach Monty Williams said. "The backup point guard, in my opinion, he's the most steady guy on the team because he'll play with both units. The way the league is being played now, he can play off the ball, he can play on the ball."

In regard to Jerome.

"He's got leadership qualities," Williams said. "He's not afraid of the moment and he's a great passer."

In regard to Carter.

Two days into camp, the man who Williams called a “bulldog” and “eats rocks” asked him if he could guard full court.

"I'm like, 'Yeah, it’s what you do,'" Williams said with a smile. "I wouldn’t want to have Jevon in my shirt trying to bring the ball down the floor. Hard worker. Brings a different edge to the team."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...e-phoenix-suns-backup-point-guard/3855215002/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ty Jerome and Jevon Carter are getting lots of love from Monty Williams when he talks about backup point guard.

In regard to Jerome.

In regard to Carter.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...e-phoenix-suns-backup-point-guard/3855215002/
I know people lauded Melton's defense and considered him better than Carter on D, but when you watch Carter play D you realize he is the type of defender that every offensive player hates. He is relentless and VERY physical. Put Carter and Baynes on the floor at the same time and blood is eventually going to spill.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know people lauded Melton's defense and considered him better than Carter on D, but when you watch Carter play D you realize he is the type of defender that every offensive player hates. He is relentless and VERY physical. Put Carter and Baynes on the floor at the same time and blood is eventually going to spill.

Agree. With Baynes and Carter out there it could get nasty, something the Suns haven't had for awhile.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Loading posts happened recently a few times on this site and Chris said that he was working on it.
But it has been fine since.

I use Safari. The only exceptions being reserving airline tickets, for which I've had to use Chrome.

And my tech support company prefers access via Chrome.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. With Baynes and Carter out there it could get nasty, something the Suns haven't had for awhile.
Jevon Carter will play on championship teams in his career. He is the type of role player that championship teams seek out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jevon Carter will play on championship teams in his career. He is the type of role player that championship teams seek out.

Especially if he can learn to shoot. Word is from training camp is his shot is improved. PJ Tucker and Raja Bell proved defense can go a long way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not good news if Oubre is still out. I want to hear about Bridges.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What i dont like is the secrecy of how serious/not the knee is. Tells me its more serious than not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05