"University of Phoenix Stadium"

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, so the team gets away from a college stadium only to name the new stadium after a college...I don't like it.

Honestly who cares what its named? as long as the price was right is really all that matters. Its certainly better than the "Pink Taco"

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
we could call it "The Phoenix"...thats not so bad...

I like this......it would not be so bad....."The Phoenix":thumbup: (Gotta look for any silver lining...and at least it is not the Pink Taco)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I wonder if the University of Phoenix Cardinals will crack the top 25 in next weeks BCS standings?

Can we build a frat house on Maryland?

The big "tin shed" works for me.

:D

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of you out of towners just don't realize the blitz krieg that we all are apart of. UofP is like the plague here in Arizona... They are freaking everywhere. New "campuses" popping up on every stinking corner. With their gigantic signs and their constant promotions. I sent them an email once for more info and the harassed me for weeks with calls and emails. They over charge for their stinking degrees... and it goes on and on. Now the one place I go for fun they now have invaded.

I again just hope it is for a butt load of money.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
"Frat House" is the best

Kappa Cardinal Delta

"Hi, I'm Anquan Boldin - Rush Chairman, damn glad to meet ya!"

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the University of Phoenix Cardinals will crack the top 25 in next weeks BCS standings?

Can we build a frat house on Maryland?

The big "tin shed" works for me.

I'm going with the big tin shed. :thumbup:

Do I see a poll coming up? Do I?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, you guys are really getting worked up over nothing. It's a sponsor's name, with the city where we live in it. It is actually better than some. Things could be worse. It could be called Glendale Stadium. I'm just happy they got naming rights. Time to call it "The U" for Edge and Rolle. Now quit whining you cake boys.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, you guys are really getting worked up over nothing. It's a sponsor's name, with the city where we live in it. It is actually better than some. Things could be worse. It could be called Glendale Stadium. I'm just happy they got naming rights. Time to call it "The U" for Edge and Rolle. Now quit whining you cake boys.

Totally agree! Its just not as bad as many are making it out.

IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT? THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Wow Southy we agree! :D

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
JC, who cares. UofP is a huge advertiser and they could be paying a huge sum for the naming rights. I don't understand why everyone is getting so bent out of shape over the stadiums name when the team who's playing in it can't break an egg shell. I'll wait till the financials are released to pass judgement.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm looking for a positive side to this... Perhaps it might be called Apollo stadium since Univ. Of PHX is owned by the Apollo Group? Perhaps something like, Cardinal Stadium at Apollo Field?? I'm trying... :shrug:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the Cards were a good team the name of the stadium wouldn't even be an issue.

Their a bad team and as far as Im concerned it still not. Nothing wrong with the name IMO. MONEY IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly who cares what its named? as long as the price was right is really all that matters. Its certainly better than the "Pink Taco"
Psssst! There's a rumor going around that the U of Phoenix athletic teams are known as "the Pink Tacos."

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just heard that free Diplomas will be handed out before the KC game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you Phoenicians still say Squaw Peak?

I do because of the way the name change was illegally handled (manhandled) by our governor.

It will always be Squaw Peak to many people.

Naming some places after Barry Goldwater took the mandatory 5 years after his death and it was not forced through by shady tactics like Janet did in the Piestewa case.

Ironically, I believe at last count there are still 40 or 50 more geographical locations in the state using the name squaw that have not been found to be so offensive as to require a name change.

:lame:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really care what the stadium name is? I remember when Ohio State opened their new basketball arena and the naming rights went to Value City. People said it sounded cheap, and Value City Arena does, but does it really matter?There was an uproar when Commiskey Park for the White Sox changed to US Cellular Field. As long as the name brings in money for the Cards it's a good thing. There are a bunch of bad names out there.

Excellent post! I couldn't agree more.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree! Its just not as bad as many are making it out.

IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT? THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Wow Southy we agree! :D
Hahaha. A sign of the apoclypse. I think we both agree that Leniart should start too. Wow. Next thing you know I'll be buying Cardinals candles!

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
OH! MY! GOD!

I honestly thought this was a joke post until I saw confirmation on Google News. What an incredibly stupid name for the stadium.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're getting bent out of shape due to a team playing 18 years in a college stadium only to once against be associated with another college team for 2 decades.

Oh and BTW this is the other reason:

Written by: Cody Brumfield
Published: 09/07/2006
Lawsuit Against University of Phoenix Reinstated by Ninth Circuit Court
A federal appeals court has reinstated a case against The University of Phoenix, a for-profit institution, that could ultimately leave the school liable for billions of dollars in fraudulently obtained student aid. The case had previously been dismissed on a technicality and the 9th Circuit's reinstatement is not a finding of misconduct or liability.
The case centers on whether the school paid illegal “incentive compensation” to recruiters and admissions officers. The U.S. Department of Education bans any “commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on success in securing enrollments.” In order to receive federal Title IV funding, schools must certify that that they are in compliance with all federal regulations.
If The University of Phoenix knowingly misrepresented itself in the certification process, the firm could be left liable for billions of dollars under the False Claims Act.
The school may appeal the 9th Circuit's opinion, however success is considered unlikely as the Supreme Court recently declined to hear a similar case. As such, the case will likely return to a lower court for trial.

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone really care what the stadium name is? I remember when Ohio State opened their new basketball arena and the naming rights went to Value City. People said it sounded cheap, and Value City Arena does, but does it really matter?There was an uproar when Commiskey Park for the White Sox changed to US Cellular Field. As long as the name brings in money for the Cards it's a good thing. There are a bunch of bad names out there.

No. Those aren't bad names. It's accepted to name your stadium after stores, banks, phone companies, even producers of scam audio cable. Naming the stadium an NFL team plays in after a college is bad. Naming after a diploma mill is beyond bad.

The Cards are already a punch line to every "bad team" joke. Naming our stadium after a college (much less the piece of f*$&W#ing University of Phoenix) will just add more fuel to the fire.

Surely there has to be someone in the front office who thought, "while we want the money, we're not going to make our stadium's name a joke." There has to be some bank or airline out there who's willing to be 75% of what University of Phoenix will, right? It'd be worth the loss in revenue to avoid the f'ing stupid name.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Those aren't bad names. It's accepted to name your stadium after stores, banks, phone companies, even producers of scam audio cable. Naming the stadium an NFL team plays in after a college is bad. Naming after a diploma mill is beyond bad.

The Cards are already a punch line to every "bad team" joke. Naming our stadium after a college (much less the piece of f*$&W#ing University of Phoenix) will just add more fuel to the fire.

Surely there has to be someone in the front office who thought, "while we want the money, we're not going to make our stadium's name a joke." There has to be some bank or airline out there who's willing to be 75% of what University of Phoenix will, right? It'd be worth the loss in revenue to avoid the f'ing stupid name.

:stupid: