"University of Phoenix Stadium"

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Let's just call it UPS. That would tick off U of P and the Cardinals and make the real UPS happy. ;)

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
No. Those aren't bad names. It's accepted to name your stadium after stores, banks, phone companies, even producers of scam audio cable. Naming the stadium an NFL team plays in after a college is bad. Naming after a diploma mill is beyond bad.

The Cards are already a punch line to every "bad team" joke. Naming our stadium after a college (much less the piece of f*$&W#ing University of Phoenix) will just add more fuel to the fire.

Surely there has to be someone in the front office who thought, "while we want the money, we're not going to make our stadium's name a joke." There has to be some bank or airline out there who's willing to be 75% of what University of Phoenix will, right? It'd be worth the loss in revenue to avoid the f'ing stupid name.

this is the cardinals were talking about...they wouldnt give up an extra 25%

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
An already outrageous tuition just went up again. Too late for "Pink Taco Park"? ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm, no.

I'd rather have it called the Pink Taco. And I'm dead effing serious.

Hard Rock Stadium would have been the greatest name in the history of stadium names.

University of Phoenix Stadium is stupid, stupid, stupid. So we still play in a college stadium, huh?

Freaking idiotic move. Thanks for helping me to forget the game on Sunday...oh wait, you didn't.

:bang: :bang:

I will call it the UPS field and say what can Red do for you. Who gives a damn what UPS really stands for.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will second calling it the Frat House.

If you can get the media to start calling it the Frat House, and act like crazy frat kids at frat parties every week, it just might work!

Big Red Line

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with this name. It means nothing. Many people are glad for the opportunity to earn a degree on-line, so this affiliation is not as negative as some posters have suggested. U of P Stadium is no better or worse than most. As for the money, I hope it solves the cash flow problems once and for all. That should mean a better team. If not, then I will be done rooting for people who don't try. But that has nothing to do with the name of the stadium.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Honestly who cares what its named? as long as the price was right is really all that matters. Its certainly better than the "Pink Taco"
I agree also. I really couldn't care less as long as the price is right. It's no worse than FedEx Field, Qwest Field, RCA Dome etc.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaquille O'neal graduated from LSU in 2000, but earned an online MBA through the University of Phoenix in 2005...

:|

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be better, could be worse. LP Field in Nashville is a terrible name, IMHO.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree! Its just not as bad as many are making it out.

IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT? THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Wow Southy we agree! :D

Yeah, hopefully, they ponied up the Cards asking price. Everyone will get over the ugliness of the name eventually.

If they got something lame, like 2 million a year, that would be pretty inept.

UofP does suck though. I have taken some online classes from them for Continuing Education credits for teaching. The classes are a JOKE! But, you are done with them in three weeks and if you just do the busy work you get an "A" and you meet state requirements and can apply it towards advancing on the salary schedule.

There's no way in heck I'd ever get a REAL degree there though!

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any problem with this name. It means nothing. Many people are glad for the opportunity to earn a degree on-line, so this affiliation is not as negative as some posters have suggested. U of P Stadium is no better or worse than most. As for the money, I hope it solves the cash flow problems once and for all. That should mean a better team. If not, then I will be done rooting for people who don't try. But that has nothing to do with the name of the stadium.

Naming it after ANY college is bad. I'd be saying it's a stupid name even if it was "Harvard Stadium." No college has ANY association with the team, so giving our team's stadium a college name is just way beyond stupid.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see the headlines now:

"Cardinals Schooled by Bears at the U"

The Shark

Will there be night classes on October 16th?

How ironic would it be if you went to UOP and could not go to the Monday Night game at UOP Stadium because you had UOP classes instead?

:D

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Coming to a stadium bathroom near you!

You must be registered for see images attach