Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe 2/13 from the field in the 4th & OT, rest of the Lakers 13/20.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe could take any shot he wanted with that injury and I'd be ok with it...provided it wasn't a long range jumper and ESPECIALLY the three balls. With a back injury, you aren't going to get the lift for distance. I was screaming at the TV every time he took a long/three jumper.

lakes win the next two. The physical play will be tempered next game, and game 6 the Lakes will put the clamps on and win by 10.

I do worry about Kobe's back injury though...those things don't magically heal.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
what happened to his back i slept through the 2nd half till the last 4 mins of the 4th..

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
what happened to his back i slept through the 2nd half till the last 4 mins of the 4th..

Nothing. He needed an alibi.

Real team guy, too. Continuing to hoist up bricks when he's "hurt". It's not like he was open.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
his airball at the end was icing on the cake..

wtf is wrong with that guy..

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Yeah, an alibi on his second shot of the game. :rolleyes:

Stop being such a Kings fan.

No. An alibi for losing can be planned WELL in advance.

And since I'm a Suns fan and this is a Suns board, I will take any opportunity to bust on Lakerland and the Kobe lovers.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Attacking Jazz rattle Kobe, Lakers to even series

For all the adjustments that will be made, the one made by the Lakers' team chiropractor to Bryant's back by Wednesday night may be the more important one. Because he was warm, he was able to play through it on Sunday. It couldn't have been pretty on the flight home, let alone waking up Monday morning. The specific problem and the severity won't be known either. One way or another, he had learned this entire season to trust his teammates, but under the duress of an overtime battle and the injury, he tried to go it alone and the long-armed defense of Kirilenko ate him up.

Kobe should've known better. The coaching staff should have emphasized it more. But it isn't easy to quell the competitive zeal of a superstar at any time, particularly at this juncture of the playoffs. The good news for the Jazz is that they have the Lakers shaken. They have gotten virtually nothing from Vladimir Radmanovic and Jordan Farmar in this series. Luke Walton has done the big fade, and Turiaf may be suspended.

The big-time play of Millsap, Harpring, Price and Korver was a huge difference-maker on Sunday. Actually, that's the way it has gone in the home vs. road play in just about every series in the second round. After all, the Lakers' loss worsened the record of the road team in the semifinals to 1-13 prior to the Hornets playing at San Antonio Sunday night. The only road win came Saturday night in Orlando, with the Pistons pulling out a one-point vicory over the Magic. In the first round, the road team was 3-21, making it 4-34 overall in this postseason. So this was hardly an aberration.

Nonetheless, this series took on a different tone with the uncertain status of Bryant and the guarantee of a sixth game back in Salt Lake City on Friday night. Then again, this season's version of the Jazz changes their tune every time they hit the road — 17-24 during there regular season, but a solid 2-3 so far in the playoffs.

In other words, the ambiguity of Wednesday's game adds even more juice to this matchup. Whoever said a series doesn't start until somebody wins on the road obviously hasn't watched this one.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8127706

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I can't see Turiaf getting suspended. The league has let worse than that go this year. Plus, I think he's got a pretty decent reputation of not being a dirty player.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
It wouldn't benefit the Jazz a bit if Turiaf got suspended or not. He is a non factor.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. An alibi for losing can be planned WELL in advance, even when the game has just started and nobody has a clue how it is going to go but I'm rolling, and the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

And since I'm a Kings fan and this is a Suns board, I will take any opportunity to talk out my neck.

I just don't understand you at all.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game, but the Price block on Walton was sick. Walton is like 6 inches taller than him, that was hilarous. Luke was owned.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think maybe Laker fans are just dissappointed that their team didn't waltz all the way to the Finals without losing a game.
I predicted this one would go seven. Looks like the road team is gonna struggle to get a win here.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I don't think there is anyway the finals do not end up as LA vs Boston. This is what the league needs to explode for the next 5 years.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think maybe Laker fans are just dissappointed that their team didn't waltz all the way to the Finals without losing a game.
I predicted this one would go seven. Looks like the road team is gonna struggle to get a win here.

Who is dissappointed? I thought this one would go six...and the Nooch/Spurs series is 2-2 as well. Round one was odd with all the ass-handings...now we are seeing that the West is still just as tough as it was in the regular season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Who is dissappointed? I thought this one would go six...and the Nooch/Spurs series is 2-2 as well. Round one was odd with all the ass-handings...now we are seeing that the West is still just as tough as it was in the regular season.
I was disappointed after every mavs loss. but if I had a magic ball in front of me telling me the mavs were to win the series I guess I'd see where you are coming from...unfortunately i didn't and the mavs lost.

I think darth lama said the lakers would win in five with all that respect and all.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I just don't understand you at all.
he doesn't want the lakers to win and you do. what's to understand. the kings....lakers rivalry is long gone. neither team is nearly as strong at the moment.....especially the queens. they do have some good young guys though.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't think there is anyway the finals do not end up as LA vs Boston. This is what the league needs to explode for the next 5 years.
I personally don't want to see that. I'd rather see some of these underdog teams win. I'm not down for that what everybody else wants to see good for the game nonsense. now if there was something there.....like bird and magic then it would be different. but that's not the case right now IMO...people are just looking at the past hoping something will happen whether it's there or not.

I hope the cavs upset the celtics and push the pistons to the limit like they always do. then in the west I just hope every series goes 7 games. it looks like that's very possible especially since no one wants to win on the road anymore.

Last edited:

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
he doesn't want the lakers to win and you do. what's to understand. the kings....lakers rivalry is long gone. neither team is nearly as strong at the moment.....especially the queens. they do have some good young guys though.

Except that I'm a Suns fan. See, he posted with a fabricated quote from me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05