Utah Jaz vs L.A. Lakers series

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Best game so far this post season. The Jazz showed heart by that comeback. Too bad a little too late. Hope the Hornets beat the Spurs to see the match-up of MVP's. Notice I said
MVP's.;)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
even if the jazz won. there's little chance they win game 7 in l.a.

I agree, but still, it's better for us to not even take the chance. Unlike Andrew, I believe Kobe's injury is real, I can tell he's still not 100% and I want the time off for recovery. As close as the Jazz played us at home in game 5, I feel better not even taking the chance.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During the game I thought about Team USA with Kidd, CP3 and Deron at point. That's just unreal.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
During the game I thought about Team USA with Kidd, CP3 and Deron at point. That's just unreal.

Talk about a coaches dream.. my god. Kidd is a little broken down, but still has that veteran leadership. Williams and CP3 are just.. unreal disgustingly good.

I have a lot of new found respect for Williams.. man that guy is good.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
if you are beating Utah at home,you deserved the western finals.(let's not forget they almost stole the 4th game in overtime too)
I really thought utah could win the series but didnt expect boozer to play like this.congrats to lakers,they were the much better team.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
if you are beating Utah at home,you deserved the western finals.(let's not forget they almost stole the 4th game in overtime too)
I really thought utah could win the series but didnt expect boozer to play like this.congrats to lakers,they were the much better team.

they didn't beat the jazz in the western finals.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
You're the perfect Suns fan.
And you are the perfect Lakers fan, completely blind to our own team.

I don't care if there is some miracle pill out there to heal an aching back in days, Kobe was way more dramatic than he needed to be.

I fully expected to come here and read a sermon about how Kobe is the best player and how he would never fake an injury, so hats off to you for not going down that road.

But nothing is going to change my mind...

Why do I have an eerie feeling the championship was just handed to the Detroit Pistons?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
And you are the perfect Lakers fan, completely blind to our own team.

I don't care if there is some miracle pill out there to heal an aching back in days, Kobe was way more dramatic than he needed to be.

I fully expected to come here and read a sermon about how Kobe is the best player and how he would never fake an injury, so hats off to you for not going down that road.

But nothing is going to change my mind...

Why do I have an eerie feeling the championship was just handed to the Detroit Pistons?

Naw, no sermon. But tell me this, what advantage did Kobe have in faking an injury? You think the Jazz really took the Lakers lightly because they thought Kobe was injured when he wasn't? Is that what you think?

The reason I believe him is because a couple months ago, I twisted my back as well. Day 1 was awful, I could hardly walk because I had pain shooting down my left leg. In a couple days I was fine, only feeling minor discomfort. This is with no medical attention at all, and I'm not in the shape of a professional athlete. Kobe hurt his back Sunday, it's now Friday, how long do you think it should have kept him down Doctor Andrew?

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Like I said, I don't care how deep the Lakers get in the postseason, but yeah in my opinion the Jazz let up thinking he was hurt.

I also know that the injury looked way more serious than it played out. That is all I got to say, he stretched the truth and while the Jazz were stupid enough to lighten up, it wasn't right of Kobe to do...in my opinion of course....

Just a quick question for you,why do you post on a Suns forum when you are a Lakers fan? Seriously I am asking....

Were you ever a 1,000+ poster on the Kings forum or the Clippers?

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you,why do you post on a Suns forum when you are a Lakers fan? Seriously I am asking....

I post here because I'm here anyway as a Cardinal fan. Football is in the off season, so I post about basketball, that simple. Plus there are a number of people here that I like, and this is an NBA general forum, not just a Suns forum. This thread is about the Lakers, so I'm responding in it, what's the problem? You're not a Suns fan either, but you post here, you're doing the same thing I am, I'm just being honest about my allegiance. My posts aren't just in this forum, I post in the Cardinals forum (not so much in the offseason,) Tech Forum, TV Forum, Music Forum, etc. It's not like I only talk about the Lakers here.

You know, you have taken a lot of crap here as well, and I usually try to stick up for you because I thought you were a good guy. Why are you now attacking me?

I wouldn't worry anyway, a certain Mod is looking for a reason to ban me, I won't be here much longer anyway. I still have nothing against you, just don't understand your sudden dislike toward me. It's all good though.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry anyway, a certain Mod is looking for a reason to ban me, I won't be here much longer anyway. I still have nothing against you, just don't understand your sudden dislike toward me. It's all good though.

Good luck with that. :thumbup:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I post here because I'm here anyway as a Cardinal fan. Football is in the off season, so I post about basketball, that simple. Plus there are a number of people here that I like, and this is an NBA general forum, not just a Suns forum. This thread is about the Lakers, so I'm responding in it, what's the problem? You're not a Suns fan either, but you post here, you're doing the same thing I am, I'm just being honest about my allegiance. My posts aren't just in this forum, I post in the Cardinals forum (not so much in the offseason,) Tech Forum, TV Forum, Music Forum, etc. It's not like I only talk about the Lakers here.

You know, you have taken a lot of crap here as well, and I usually try to stick up for you because I thought you were a good guy. Why are you now attacking me?

There was/is no disrespect to you in any of my posts and if it is applied, I apologize.

I just didn't get why a massive Lakers fan seems to post like crazy on a rival team's board.

That's like having a St. Louis Cardinals fan posting daily on a Chicago Cubs board, it just doesn't make any logical sense.

And please, you know very little about me...please don't assume I am not a Suns fan...

I was just asking a question...

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
There was/is no disrespect to you in any of my posts and if it is applied, I apologize.

I just didn't get why a massive Lakers fan seems to post like crazy on a rival team's board.

That's like having a St. Louis Cardinals fan posting daily on a Chicago Cubs board, it just doesn't make any logical sense.

And please, you know very little about me...please don't assume I am not a Suns fan...

I was just asking a question...

Fair enough, I apologize for the assumption.

I have nothing against you, or Suns fans in general. I just clash with a few people, that's all.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll answer for me, though it wasn't addressed to me.

I'm a cards fan and I think this overall site is one of the best forums on the Web. Great community. The Cards are the reason I post here though. You only know me from the Lakers avatars I've been sporting, but the vast majority of the time it is Boldin, not Sasha, or other Cards related avatars. I actually like and respect the Suns fans here, most of them. I hate the Kings fans and I don't post on their boards. Ditto the Spur boards. I don't have accounts on their boards...though I know that Suns fans do hit spurstalk sometimes.

The Lakers and Suns have had some fun series in the past three years, and the Suns were the class of the divison for awhile too, which made the jibber jabber back and forth even more fun. There are posters here that I consider friends, like cheesebeef and Ouchie, who though we disagree and give each other heat, I respect completely and know how to throw down with some good natured smack. I know them as Cards fans first and foremost though...their Suns love is just a twist to our relationship. There's an actual rivalry with the Suns/Lakers that really didn't exist with the Kings/Lakers...the Suns beat us fair and square. Plus, adding Shaq to the Suns threw yet another wrinkle to the mix.

Most of my posts are not in this forum, but in the Cards and the EE/Games/P&R, etc. I've posted more here this year than I have in the past, but there has been a lot more to talk about.

If you'll note, I'm not here gloating about our series win. What's the point? These aren't Jazz fans. And I rarely start anything...I try to regulate my more aggressive posts to when people throw out Kobe rapist jokes or talk junk about the Lakers. I defend my team, that's it. Other than that I put out good natured stuff or comments.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I can respect that, but the thing is, I want that respect in return. I want to post my opinion without being told I am wrong or what not and I know it really didn't happen tonight, though it was implied a little, I am talking in general.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05