Warriors at Suns

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Wow Dragic needed to shoot that. Still a great game. Suns missed a lot of open shots but that will change.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rough reggea, I aint holding it against the Purple and Orange. Folks had some solid play, much respect.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I didn't miss Steve Nash tonight, that's how good Dragic was in the backcourt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the Warriors aren't world beaters and we lost to them at home but I saw a lot of good things out there tonight. There were stretches where we played exceptional defense. I think we left Brown out there too long and should have come back with more of our starters before we gave the lead back in the 4th.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If the Suns made their open (and by open I mean WIDE open) they win this game. You hope it changes, it is after all Game 1 of 82. Lots of good bball you have to like. I'm not disappointed. After all, we aren't an overpaid Lakers team with huge expectations.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't miss Steve Nash tonight, that's how good Dragic was in the backcourt.

With the contracts Curry, Lawson and Holiday signed I'm very happy with Dragic at his price.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gentry is such a horrible HC. The bench is clearly not working and yet he plays them most of the mins in the 4th QTR.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I feel like Dragic thought that we were down 3 still so he passed up the shot. Hell, even I thought we were down 3.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Gentry is such a horrible HC. The bench is clearly not working and yet he plays them most of the mins in the 4th QTR.

And they played well. They only unwound later in the 4th. Shannon Brown missed a few important shots during the momentum shift. Brown is a good player though and he was last year (while sucking early). Suns will be better as the season progresses.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ugh.. This is not an over reaction to losing tonight.. but this team looks pretty bad..

During the majority of this game I kept thinking this team looks like the equivalent of the Arizona Cardinals offense...

I have a feeling this season is going to get away from us pretty quick...

So depressing..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns made their open (and by open I mean WIDE open) they win this game. You hope it changes, it is after all Game 1 of 82. Lots of good bball you have to like. I'm not disappointed. After all, we aren't an overpaid Lakers team with huge expectations.

Agreed. I had fun tonight. Dragic has the ability to become one of the best guards in the game. Gortat played soft and stupid early in the game but he toughened up and played much better after we fell behind big. You could do worse than have your 1 and your 5 be your best players.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh.. This is not an over reaction to losing tonight.. but this team looks pretty bad..

During the majority of this game I kept thinking this team looks like the equivalent of the Arizona Cardinals offense...

I have a feeling this season is going to get away from us pretty quick...

So depressing..

I don't know how the season is going to get away from us, it's not like we're expected to do anything. This team competed and showed a lot of heart. I never find that depressing. We need Beasley to play like a star and failing that, we need to replace him with someone who does. IMO, that's all we need to be a playoff team.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Agreed. I had fun tonight. Dragic has the ability to become one of the best guards in the game. Gortat played soft and stupid early in the game but he toughened up and played much better after we fell behind big. You could do worse than have your 1 and your 5 be your best players.

Steve

When this team gets more minutes to get used to each other on the court they will be even more fun. It's a tough West so I'm not expecting miracles. This team won't give up games though and they should that tonight with a tough fought game that slipped away at the end. With Nash around I had that false promise of winning a ring and tonight would have hurt me more. Right now I want to see Dragic develop more into a legit star PG and get this franchise in a new direction. So far, so good!!!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What did you expect? Gentry will likely get them playing over their heads but the team has a lack of talent. Dragic is the best player on the team, and I don't think he could be any better than 3rd best on any team with serious aspirations.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you expect? Gentry will likely get them playing over their heads but the team has a lack of talent. Dragic is the best player on the team, and I don't think he could be any better than 3rd best on any team with serious aspirations.

I thought he was the best player on the court tonight. He's still young and improving but he's an excellent defender and is tough to guard. I think he can be better than a 3rd wheel.

Steve

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought he was the best player on the court tonight. He's still young and improving but he's an excellent defender and is tough to guard. I think he can be better than a 3rd wheel.

Steve

Take the 2nd best player off any contending team and replace them with Dragic, you still think that is a contending team?

I love Dragic and I don't mean it as a slight, especially since he is getting paid closer to 5th/6th wheel money.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I was hoping for a team that would at least be competitive... It is very clear that in all reality probably won't be the case this year..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake