Warriors @ Suns - 7PM MY45

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Well its official, my team is eliminated tonight by the Suns :sad:. We really lost it last Thursday but its official now. Great game tonight though, especially the second half. It sucks that my team who wins almost 50 games wont make the playoffs. But it was a great season and this season was much better than our usual "struggle to get to 20 wins" type season we used to have during our playoff drought. Also want to say the Suns are a team I will root for in the playoffs over any team. You're team is fun to watch, so good luck and enjoy the postseason :thumbup:

Go Warriors 2008-09!

It's still crazy to even mention or emphasize that winning that amount of games still doesn't equal a playoff spot. Absolutely, the tightest seedings I've ever seen for the playoffs.
The Warriors by far, ranked up there on the list of teams I did not want the Suns to come across. Utah being up there along with the Hornets....
The Warriors have one hell of a team and will scorch others, making it difficult for other teams to play catch up. I don't even know how Phoenix pulled it out of their butts to find a chance and cut the deficit for a win.
Crazy, in all of the Sun's typical wacky ball....(see previous games; Dallas and Houston) very oddly inconsistant style of play....that's what makes this team so unique and absolutely a treat to watch.

Downside is, when conky-wacky ball doesn't work in the Sun's favor...we get blown out. When it does work....we are the Chameleon team

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Crap...Stupid W's... This truly has been the season of missed opportunities for this team. They are going to wind up the Best team in the History of the NBA not to make the playoffs.

They really are the Cardinals of Basketball.

What it boils down to is this, in the final 6 weeks of the season they were around 1-9 vs. the teams that finished ahead of them in the playoff race. You are never going to get it done that way. What a freakin' dissapointment.

The think that pisses me off the most, is now I have to listen to that blowhard Charles Barkely say how right he was about the Warriors.

If you want to blame somebody, blame Nelson. He ran Davis, Jackson, and Al to the ground. Pietrus, Barnes (inconsistant but needed playing time), Azubuike, and even our freaking rookie Brandan Wright shouldve got more playing time. Nellie complains about not having a bench, yet he plays Croshere and tonight Perovic (wasnt he a draft pick?? Never seen him play this year, why the most important game when your season is on the line?). I mean we couldnt even judge Patrick O Brian and see if he can be depth on the bench. Nellie done it to himself.

All this talk about Baron and his minutes and him tiring was back in January! We signed Watson to spare him the minutes, but Nellie didnt spare Baron at all. We just got tired when other teams were peaking. Just the West is tough and we got tired.

Signing Webber helped as well. Not only did Webber not contribute but he started over the guys to shouldve been starting. Webber didnt come off the bench and spare guys, he started over them. What does that say to your team? Nellie screwed up....

Charles is the least of our problems, its going to be an interesting offseason with all the contracts we have to deal with. Only thing that has to happen is we need to sign Ellis long term. Cant let him go like we did with Arenas....

This is the life of a Warriors fan. Last year made me happy, not only the playoffs but actually winning a series. It was a great feeling but a lottery pick now brought me back to reality. I just hope we remain competitive

young tone

Reaction score
It's still crazy to even mention or emphasize that winning that amount of games still doesn't equal a playoff spot. Absolutely, the tightest seedings I've ever seen for the playoffs.
The Warriors by far, ranked up there on the list of teams I did not want the Suns to come across. Utah being up there along with the Hornets....
The Warriors have one hell of a team and will scorch others, making it difficult for other teams to play catch up. I don't even know how Phoenix pulled it out of their butts to find a chance and cut the deficit for a win.
Crazy, in all of the Sun's typical wacky ball....(see previous games; Dallas and Houston) very oddly inconsistant style of play....that's what makes this team so unique and absolutely a treat to watch.

Downside is, when conky-wacky ball doesn't work in the Sun's favor...we get blown out. When it does work....we are the Chameleon team

Yeah its crazy. It is disappointing and I wanted the playoffs bad but I knew we lost it last week to Denver...

This coming from a guy who used to pray just for a 20 win season when I was a kid. LOL 20 games was successful for me, so I stay grounded. I just hope they remain competitive and hopefully we come out of this offseason on a good note. But yeah it does hurt alot about not making it to the playoffs

young tone

Reaction score
Don't Warriors fan's ever get tired of Nelly's smallball?
You're NEVER going to win anything(of note) playing that way.

Im tired of his decisions, not so much the style of play. I'll most likely will never see an Championship (not even born 1956 or 1975 so I missed out on the Championship part) but its the best thing we had in our 12 year playoff drought and he did come through and took us to the playoffs

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im tired of his decisions, not so much the style of play. I'll most likely will never see an Championship (not even born 1956 or 1975 so I missed out on the Championship part) but its the best thing we had in our 12 year playoff drought and he did come through and took us to the playoffs
I hear ya. I was probably the most ridiculously negative SUNS fan on this board before the Shaq/Marion deal.....yeah we were in first place but IMO all you have to do is watch playoff games and listen to the players & coaches of the teams winning titles to realize that fun,energetic,high flying,run&gun offensive basketball is NOT the formula to winning championships.
The SUNS may come up short again this year but it looks to me like maybe,finally, this organization has woken up to the fact that if you can't beat 'em...join 'em.
Thank you again Steve Kerr for putting smallball to rest.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have to admit I'm still trying to figure out why he benched Baron last night?

He said he was tired but now he has the whole offseason to rest. Baron refused to comment he wasn't sick or injured he shot poorly in the first half but there was clearly more to it than that. Hell he played Kosta Perovic but not Baron Davis?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their saying on the radio he was out late partying the night before and Nelson was making a point. Kinda stupid with your season on the line.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors would be a top 4 team in the LEast. It's dumb that a talented and fun team like that misses the playoffs but the Hawks are going to get in.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their saying on the radio he was out late partying the night before and Nelson was making a point. Kinda stupid with your season on the line.

Interesting if true wasn't in my local paper but I didn't listen to any radio. If true would tick me off and I'd agree with Nellie's decision.

Skip Bayless was saying Nellie should be fired today but they didn't know about the partying rumor.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Don't Warriors fan's ever get tired of Nelly's smallball?
You're NEVER going to win anything(of note) playing that way.
Yeah, but the Warriors cant win or field a competetive team with out him. He may be flawed in some areas, but he has clearly made this franchise viable again. Look what he built in Dalas in 8 seasons. He has only been with GS for 2 seasons.

He took over a seriously flawed team and they are now 1-2 seasons away from being perrenial 50 game winners like Dallas. The dubs are still rising.

I think the last thing to do for the franchise is to have a knee-jerk reaction and fire Nelson and or trade Baron.

Point is Baron was 2-13 last night before getting benched. The team came back when he was not in the game. I think it was a mistake not to bring him back as the 3rd wraped up, but Baron showed little effort last night IMO.

Nelson made a huge mistake not playing his bench more after the all-star break, so the team ran out of gas.

The Warriors blew it this year and tanked against the teams that finished ahead of them down the stretch. 1-9 or 1-10 vs the team that made the playoffs in the final month and a half.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05