We will beat the Rams. Mark it down. Put it in your diary.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've given this team and coaching especially a LOT of hell over the past few weeks. I've been absolutely disgusted by what I've seen out there. However, they've been playing some pretty good teams...they just sucked balls and lost the games. But they have been competitive (and personally, I feel coaching has been the deep reason they are losing). The talent is not deep and lacking, but yet they remain up and playing hard.

2003 Cards would have packed it in and lost 49-10 to the Ravens last week. I have NO doubt about that. Duckjake thinks this might turn into the worst team on record for the cards...maybe by record, but not by heart. That 2003 heart murmur team was the most sissy, pack it in squad I've ever watched play. This team plays a little bit pissed off, but not enough.

They are going to beat the Rams. I give a crap what the rams did last week. The Cards will beat the Rams on Sunday. They will then lose to Philly the following week, and then roll off 5 straight wins. Yes...5. they will be 7-7, with two games left to play. One at home. One on the road.

This is what I see happening. Is it the return of D-Doggstradomous? Or is it the last kick of Koolaid exiting my system before it all turns black? Because if we lose...oh boy.

In our favor: Obrien and Acho will get more playing time. PP is coming into his own in understanding the speed of the NFL. They WILL switch up the line, which can't hurt. Our schedule is home heavy. We played tough against the Steelers and the Ravens...and for one half, it looked like our Defense was who they thought they were.

And the biggest - this team ONLY plays well when they are desperate...playcalling is HORRID when we are up or close. When we are down, they are desperate and start going wild. Wild works for this team. GO WILD.

I'm not saying if we'll end up 7-9 or 9-7. I'm only saying that we'll be at the 7 win level this year. Yes, I'm saying this at 1-6.

(red koolaid drips from my lips..*cough* *sputter*) Go Cards.

:maninground:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I see another Vikings-like beating. Rams put on their best game of the year. 5 or 6 sacks. Bradford breaks out for 400 yards with no WRs.

Not to mention Jackson is our cryptonite. Guy goes for 100+ yards EVERYTIME we play

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we'll win this week simply because it can only hurt our draft position right before we lose the next three road games.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we'll win this week simply because it can only hurt our draft position right before we lose the next three road games.

That too, of course.

But we will perfectly place ourselves in the 12-15 spot in the draft, right where we'll miss the prospects who could help us, and prime the wheel for Graves to reach for guys who won't.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Cardinals win, it will be only be because winning is actually losing. :bang:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I've given this team and coaching especially a LOT of hell over the past few weeks. I've been absolutely disgusted by what I've seen out there. However, they've been playing some pretty good teams...they just sucked balls and lost the games. But they have been competitive (and personally, I feel coaching has been the deep reason they are losing). The talent is not deep and lacking, but yet they remain up and playing hard.

2003 Cards would have packed it in and lost 49-10 to the Ravens last week. I have NO doubt about that. Duckjake thinks this might turn into the worst team on record for the cards...maybe by record, but not by heart. That 2003 heart murmur team was the most sissy, pack it in squad I've ever watched play. This team plays a little bit pissed off, but not enough.

They are going to beat the Rams. I give a crap what the rams did last week. The Cards will beat the Rams on Sunday. They will then lose to Philly the following week, and then roll off 5 straight wins. Yes...5. they will be 7-7, with two games left to play. One at home. One on the road.

This is what I see happening. Is it the return of D-Doggstradomous? Or is it the last kick of Koolaid exiting my system before it all turns black? Because if we lose...oh boy.

In our favor: Obrien and Acho will get more playing time. PP is coming into his own in understanding the speed of the NFL. They WILL switch up the line, which can't hurt. Our schedule is home heavy. We played tough against the Steelers and the Ravens...and for one half, it looked like our Defense was who they thought they were.

And the biggest - this team ONLY plays well when they are desperate...playcalling is HORRID when we are up or close. When we are down, they are desperate and start going wild. Wild works for this team. GO WILD.

I'm not saying if we'll end up 7-9 or 9-7. I'm only saying that we'll be at the 7 win level this year. Yes, I'm saying this at 1-6.

All that spewing when you could have simply mentioned your excitement stems from the very real prospect of Skelton getting the start... :mulli:

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
How many weeks in a row have there been one of these threads?
I definately recall ones guaranteeing wins over the Giants, Vikes, and Steelers. I think the Rams jump all over us and don't let up.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I believe this is one of our 3 wins this season...the other being the Cowboys at home.

3-13 and trending downward.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
If we don't win this game, at home nonethless, Whisenhunt will be right behind Tony Sparano in the unemployment line. I would like to think the Cards will win, but I'm not going to pick them to win until they show some sort of competency. Jackson will have 3 TD's, Long will have 2 sacks and 1 FF. Rams win 28-17

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definately recall ones guaranteeing wins over the Giants, Vikes, and Steelers. I think the Rams jump all over us and don't let up.

have you seen my threads the last three weeks?

take this one to the bank.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we don't win this game, at home nonethless, Whisenhunt will be right behind Tony Sparano in the unemployment line. I would like to think the Cards will win, but I'm not going to pick them to win until they show some sort of competency. Jackson will have 3 TD's, Long will have 2 sacks and 1 FF. Rams win 28-17

This is the other reason I'm confident in this game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
have you seen my threads the last three weeks?

take this one to the bank.

Wow. Really?

You're guaranteeing a win even with the possibility of a back up QB playing? And after the lambs spanked the saints?

You usually seem like the one of the more rational, intelligent, reasonable posters on this board (of which there are many), but this one is waaaaay out in leftfield.

Hope you're right....

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

There is no way the Rams repeat their performance last week. Don't be fooled by their win against the Saints, that was a once in a lifetime performance and this game should be very be very close. Who wins? I dunno.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the "are we going to quit or not" game, IMO. They are at home, and they probably do feel like this is the game where Coach's livelihood may be at stake.

The Rams won, on the road. We lost to one of the best teams in the league. Our guys will be pissed, they will be less hungry than they were last week.

There is no effing way the Cards lose this one.

If they do, it is full scale Armageddon and you best hide your women and children because darkside will flow like a haboob out of control.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The season will be deemed as a success simply by...

beating the Rams! :bang:It's the Bidwill "revenge"/bragging rights factor. ....And YES, it will screw up our "high" draft pick chances. :(

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is the "are we going to quit or not" game, IMO. They are at home, and they probably do feel like this is the game where Coach's livelihood may be at stake.

The Rams won, on the road. We lost to one of the best teams in the league. Our guys will be pissed, they will be less hungry than they were last week.

There is no effing way the Cards lose this one.

If they do, it is full scale Armageddon and you best hide your women and children because darkside will flow like a haboob out of control.

That game was in St. Louis buddy... AND, they had Tony LaRussa dressed in a throw-back Rams jersey on the sidelines... He won't be there come Sunday, so, for that reason alone, I'm down with your koolaide here... ;)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Really?

You're guaranteeing a win even with the possibility of a back up QB playing? And after the lambs spanked the saints?

You usually seem like the one of the more rational, intelligent, reasonable posters on this board (of which there are many), but this one is waaaaay out in leftfield.

Hope you're right....

You do realize that A.J. Feeley QB'd the Lambs last week, right? He's a backup.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Really?

Hope you're right....

... all the more reason to be confident.

But seriously. I think no matter which QB starts (yes, even my much loathed Kolb) the Cards can and should win this game.

The Rams are terrible, just as terrible as we are. The Saints are a Jekyll and Hyde team and Hyde showed up in a big way last week and they lost. Now the Rams go on the road, probably feeling like the just won the Superbowl and they face a Cards team that could not be more angry and embarrassed.

Unless Kolb starts and decides to spot the opposition 21 points again.

Aaaand unless the team has totally quit on Whiz. Which to be honest, I doubt.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That game was in St. Louis buddy... AND, they had Tony LaRussa dressed in a throw-back Rams jersey on the sidelines... He won't be there come Sunday, so, for that reason alone, I'm down with your koolaide here... ;)

Ooops, sorry. I mistyped. I meant at home. I forgot to add they were riding the St Louis Cardinal superexcellentawesome world series vibe.

That crap crashes on sunday. Hard. The cardinals get all jiggy on Sunday. Then people start saying "oh, we'll beat the eagles too!" But we won't. They will beat us by 10. But then we roll off 5 wins...two against the niners, one on the cowboys and one against the browns.

Maybe I only say this because I HATE the niners, but we are due on those douches.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

2003: Marcel Shipp,Jeff Blake,Josh McCown,Ray Thompson,Bryan Gilmore,Dennis Johnson, Marcus Bell, Wendall Bryant, LeVar Fisher... That team had far less talent than the 2011 Cardinals and still had a better record after 7 games.

Plus they never gave up 30+ points 4 weeks in a row. :D

But you may be right about the rest of the season because this year's team reminds me of the 2006 Cards. A team with a lot of young and/or new talent that somehow found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory every week. They went in the tank after the loss to Chicago but rallied to win 4 of the last 7 and were 4-2 in the division.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan